Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If you look for truth on youtube you are bound to get confused. Unfortunately, that's what dumbasses do.

luckily there is youtube to archive news footage, because most people don't have a memory span of more than 5 minutes

what the evolution of news footage and comments of experts strikingly shows (luckily, preserved by youtube), is how the news is aimed at the feeble of mind, who need other people to make up their own opinion. the feeble of mind have a very short memory span, which is ideal since the message on the news shifts constantly. I like to believe that the aim of the news is to give people hope, but I suspect the reality is, they want to make feeble minded people even more stupid.

35 minutes ago, action said:

we have always been at war with eurazia. war is peace. freedom is slavery. diversity is strenght.

Your Right Wingness is acting up again. Im gonna try and help you reset your thoughts and focous...

Because Im back on lockdown, Ive been having a great time cleaning out my desk drawers this morning. Was happy to find a lot of office supplies that I reorganized and moved to where ill actually use it. And I came across some old work IDs, lanyards and fobs. Was cool to think back to those other times in life. I also found a bunch of unused gift cards! I hope they still work! Shoe money :headbang:

My main desk is, itself, an artifact. Its very old. Sturdy - they dont build em like this anymore. Its a gift from an elderly friend. It was her late husbands. He wrote on science and theology at this very desk - he had a respected career. Ill have to refurbish it soon. So Ive been learning about refinishing woods - sometimes from YouTube... because I'm an idiot apparently :lol: - but I also have a nice how-to book opened on the book stand in my breakfast nook.

My cat loves this desk too. Its very large so he can flop around up here as I type. And hes loving all this desk action today!

Have you done anymore reorganizing and looking through your closets? Find anything neat?

1 minute ago, soon said:

Your Right Wingness is acting up again. Im gonna try and help you reset your thoughts and focous...

Because Im back on lockdown, Ive been having a great time cleaning out my desk drawers this morning. Was happy to find a lot of office supplies that I reorganized and moved to where ill actually use it. And I came across some old work IDs, lanyards and fobs. Was cool to think back to those other times in life. I also found a bunch of unused gift cards! I hope they still work! Shoe money :headbang:

My main desk is, itself, an artifact. Its very old. Sturdy - they dont build em like this anymore. Its a gift from an elderly friend. It was her late husbands. He wrote on science and theology at this very desk - he had a respected career. Ill have to refurbish it soon. So Ive been learning about refinishing woods - sometimes from YouTube... because I'm an idiot apparently :lol: - but I also have a nice how-to book opened on the book stand in my breakfast nook.

My cat loves this desk too. Its very large so he can flop around up here as I type. And hes loving all this desk action today!

Have you done anymore reorganizing and looking through your closets? Find anything neat?

in june I got rid of an antique desk that I bought for reasons, and replaced it with my trusty cheap desk that I sat behind, for hours, days and years, from high school to beyond. I couldn't be happier having my old desk back, that was with me on my epic quest for knowledge and whisdom (the results can be witnessed on here daily), and I'm never getting rid of it again.

1 minute ago, action said:

in june I got rid of an antique desk that I bought for reasons, and replaced it with my trusty cheap desk that I sat behind, for hours, days and years, from high school to beyond. I couldn't be happier having my old desk back, that was with me on my epic quest for knowledge and whisdom (the results can be witnessed on here daily), and I'm never getting rid of it again.

Oh, cool. Thats neat that you still had it kicking around. Now that is some memories tied to that desk!

Moving my desk is very difficult nd often expensive, but I wouldnt let it go. So I can relate to the attachment.

Im sitting at my desk now, wearing old man pajamas and my new cowboy hat.

• Like 1

75000 covid cases yesterday. But no one gives a shit. People in El Paso have to go to other cities to get treated. How fucking sad is this?

Dr. Fauci had more good news. If/when there is a vaccine it will only help with the virus symptoms and not avoid you getting it.

What else can go fucking wrong this year?

Stay well.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, cool. Thats neat that you still had it kicking around. Now that is some memories tied to that desk!

Moving my desk is very difficult nd often expensive, but I wouldnt let it go. So I can relate to the attachment.

Im sitting at my desk now, wearing old man pajamas and my new cowboy hat.

there was a piece at the attic of my sister's ex, a piece in my brother's apartment and a piece on my sister's apartment.

you don't really know you missed this until you got it back.

Now, only thing left is a dossier cupboard that's with my mum. I'll buy her a new one.

it belongs to me, it's rightful owner.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

wearing old man pajamas and my new cowboy hat.

are you me? 

when I work in the garden I always wear my cowboy hat too!

• GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, action said:

there was a piece at the attic of my sister's ex, a piece in my brother's apartment and a piece on my sister's apartment.

you don't really know you missed this until you got it back.

Now, only thing left is a dossier cupboard that's with my mum. I'll buy her a new one.

it belongs to me, it's rightful owner.

Sounds like youve been on a treasure hunt! Cool.

10 minutes ago, action said:

are you me? 

when I work in the garden I always wear my cowboy hat too!

Ha, It really does seem as though every time we speak we discover more and more similarities. Love it! I bet you look baller gardening in your cow boy hat. Whats your hat like?

And I do often wear a straw cowboy hat for gardening too!! I love cowboy hats.

My newest one that Im wearing now is felt material and is more for going out, paired with jean jacket. I need to break it in more though - good thing I wont be going out anytime soon. My brain must have grown since I last measured my hat size because this thing is too tight currently.

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Sounds like youve been on a treasure hunt! Cool.

Ha, It really does seem as though every time we speak we discover more and more similarities. Love it! I bet you look baller gardening in your cow boy hat. Whats your hat like?

And I do often wear a straw cowboy hat for gardening too!! I love cowboy hats.

My newest one that Im wearing now is felt material and is more for going out, paired with jean jacket. I need to break it in more though - good thing I wont be going out anytime soon. My brain must have grown since I last measured my hat size because this thing is too tight currently.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrrC8VvblihWYapUQAaK3

I only own one hat, and I used it sunshine or rain. it has accompanied me on concert festivals, on the field of my dad, etc.

It still has white paint marks on it from when I built my garden cabin.

it provides me protection from the elements, and a feeling of comfort and safety.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, action said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrrC8VvblihWYapUQAaK3

I only own one hat, and I used it sunshine or rain. it has accompanied me on concert festivals, on the field of my dad, etc.

It still has white paint marks on it from when I built my garden cabin.

it provides me protection from the elements, and a feeling of comfort and safety.

Awesome hat! I like that style a lot. I like that yours has that 'lived-in' look going too. Tells a story.

I now have 3 cowboy hats. For at least a year I considered getting a leather one. Same shade and largely the same cut as yours, actually. But I worried I couldnt pull off the leather look. So my new hat was the step up from straw, but shy of leather.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, soon said:

Awesome hat! I like that style a lot. I like that yours has that 'lived-in' look going too. Tells a story.

I now have 3 cowboy hats. For at least a year I considered getting a leather one. Same shade and largely the same cut as yours, actually. But I worried I couldnt pull off the leather look. So my new hat was the step up from straw, but shy of leather.

yeah take a leather one. but respect the animal that gave it to you (I'm sure you would). it'll provide you with comfort, for a lifetime.

also, if it rains, it's kind of waterproof. sunshine or rain, it won't matter to your, as you soldier on doing your thing. :headbang:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, action said:

yeah take a leather one. but respect the animal that gave it to you (I'm sure you would). it'll provide you with comfort, for a lifetime.

also, if it rains, it's kind of waterproof. sunshine or rain, it won't matter to your, as you soldier on doing your thing. :headbang:

Oh, thanks for the tip. The rugged durability really is a point in its favour. Certainly none of my other cowboy hats are weather proof.

Interesting that you mention respect for the animal. Theres a program here wherein hunters can take fresh deer hides to drop off points at places like bait shops and hardware stores. The hides are then distributed to indigenous crafts people who make products out of them. Cowboy hats are one thing that was available. And they carried them at the local saddlery too! But the fucking right wingers in charge of the province cut a substantial portion of the funding though. So I can only hope that it survives the pandemic. On Etsy theres some ranch-made hats too that really respect the animal.

25 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m sure he bought it breakfast in the morning.  😂

When the lads along the canal in Manchester are having their way with you, you turn back and demand that they buy you breakfast, dont ya? :P

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, soon said:

My grandpa loved wearing cowboy hats and he was born in Brooklyn. He loved cool belt buckles and those little neckties they wear too.

I know he would have loved to come live in Texas but he died before he could do it.

He also had a garden when my grandparents owned a home. He loved to grow veggies. He was such a great person. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, thanks for the tip. The rugged durability really is a point in its favour. Certainly none of my other cowboy hats are weather proof.

Interesting that you mention respect for the animal. Theres a program here wherein hunters can take fresh deer hides to drop off points at places like bait shops and hardware stores. The hides are then distributed to indigenous crafts people who make products out of them. Cowboy hats are one thing that was available. And they carried them at the local saddlery too! But the fucking right wingers in charge of the province cut a substantial portion of the funding though. So I can only hope that it survives the pandemic. On Etsy theres some ranch-made hats too that really respect the animal.

well, you know what to do.

I actually envy you. you're able to buy a handmade product like that. I bought mine from a dodgy street seller (still quality though).

I love handmade stuff, more and more. like that spade I bought earlier. it's my proud and joy, and my personal fitness attribute. I don't need amphetamines, I have a spade.

you're a lucky man, soon. you have animals around you, I have two decorative chickens made of stone in my garden. If I want to see my chickens, I need to go to the neighbours.

it seems, you're the left version of me. I believe, you could teach me to become more left, and i could teach you to become more right, so we both become more centered, and getting closer to real whisdom. We're both kind of clueless and wearing blinders, come to think of it. I also believe, age makes you more centered. I'm certainly becoming more centered as I get older.

it's not about changing the world, it never was. it's about keeping to world as it is, to the best of our capabilities.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, soon said:

When the lads along the canal in Manchester are having their way with you, you turn back and demand that they buy you breakfast, dont ya? :P

The best thing about being a power bottom is that your hands and mouth aren't in use so you can even eat breakfast in the middle of relations. :lol: 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My grandpa loved wearing cowboy hats and he was born in Brooklyn. He loved cool belt buckles and those little neckties they wear too.

I know he would have loved to come live in Texas but he died before he could do it.

He also had a garden when my grandparents owned a home. He loved to grow veggies. He was such a great person. 

He sounds too cool! NYC, gardening, cowboy swag. I want to be him!

Im sure he enjoys being with you in spirit, in Texas.

31 minutes ago, action said:

well, you know what to do.

I actually envy you. you're able to buy a handmade product like that. I bought mine from a dodgy street seller (still quality though).

I love handmade stuff, more and more. like that spade I bought earlier. it's my proud and joy, and my personal fitness attribute. I don't need amphetamines, I have a spade.

Maybe I should get one well I can. But 4 cowboy hats sounds a bit extreme.

Youd enjoy Etsy. All this homemade stuff. Whatever you want, someone is hand-making it on there :headbang:My old man pajamas I mentioned wearing with my hat come from Etsy

Owning that spade would put me in beast mode too!

34 minutes ago, action said:

you're a lucky man, soon. you have animals around you, I have two decorative chickens made of stone in my garden. If I want to see my chickens, I need to go to the neighbours.

Most days I see my cat, 2 types of woodpeckers, crows, grey jays, sparrows, cardinals, oriels, osprey, squirles and often racoons. Cant think of the last time I saw a deer though. I envy you having the hens to go visit nearby.

Soon I will be worm farming too!

37 minutes ago, action said:

I believe, you could teach me to become more left

Yes

38 minutes ago, action said:

and i could teach you to become more right

Nah

38 minutes ago, action said:

it's about keeping to world as it is, to the best of our capabilities.

Id like for the world not to be in a climate crisis. Goes back to what you said about respecting the animals.

40 minutes ago, action said:

We're both kind of clueless and wearing blinders

I thought this was just a bit of kink? :lol:

But yeah, in the whise words of Ozzy Osbourne "I dont wanna change the world, and I dont want the world to change me" :headbang:

• Haha 1