Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Whats the cheapest thing on the menu, get three plates of chips and you've got a good sesh in there, 'yeah, the other two are for my wife and mate, they'll be arriving in a minute, they're always late them two, I think they're havin' an affair y'know', you might get a sympathy pint out of it!

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Haven't been in there for ages but they do these prawns with a chilli dip which are lovely.

Just read through this again. I'd only read your first line and thought you were just looking for a recommendation from the menu 😄

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Just read through this again. I'd only read your first line and thought you were just looking for a recommendation from the menu 😄

I was thinkin’ ‘whats this dizzy cunt telling me about the Welsh Wetherspoons menu for?’  Come to that McLeod too, he was like ‘sausage beans and somethin’!’, when if you look at my post I was trying to rustle up a way to blag 3 pints into 9 for him.  I just figured it was the long term effects of pillin’ on 90s club casualties :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well he has - unlike here, among you lot - acquired a plethora of likes and positive comments on social media, and he isn't the first opponent to covid fascism, and (more pertinently) he won't be the last.

PS

Case in point,

I just watched it again and my bloods boiling. That fucking cunt needs to take his protest outside the Sennedd not to the security guard and Tesco staff who are just trying to get to the end of their shift and honestly could not give a shit what he can or can't buy. While he's bowling through there ripping stuff down. 

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

I just watched it again and my bloods boiling. That fucking cunt needs to take his protest outside the Sennedd not to the security guard and Tesco staff who are just trying to get to the end of their shift and honestly could not give a shit what he can or can't buy. While he's bowling through there ripping stuff down. 

He's lucky that security guard wasn't having a bad day because I'd be tempted to pick that metal bar up and set about him 😄 and his mate with the camera going " you can't touch my phone you can't touch my phone" His phone would be chucked down in the fucking cereal aisle at the other end of the shop. Fucking wankers.

9 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

His missus replied. :lol: 

Ra9r3sF.jpg

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Whats the cheapest thing on the menu, get three plates of chips and you've got a good sesh in there, 'yeah, the other two are for my wife and mate, they'll be arriving in a minute, they're always late them two, I think they're havin' an affair y'know', you might get a sympathy pint out of it!

I actually re-read that as “what’s the blandest thing on the menu.”  Sorry. :lol: 

*not sorry. :lol: 

25 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

He's lucky that security guard wasn't having a bad day because I'd be tempted to pick that metal bar up and set about him 😄 and his mate with the camera going " you can't touch my phone you can't touch my phone" His phone would be chucked down in the fucking cereal aisle at the other end of the shop. Fucking wankers.

I was thinkin’ when I watched it that a fitting end would be for the bloke (or bird) who has to pick that plastic shit up crept up behind him nice and slow, tapped him on the shoulder and chinned him just as he turned around.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well he has - unlike here, among you lot - acquired a plethora of likes 

Reminds me of that Clash lyric ‘if Adolf Hitler flew in today they’d send a limosine anyway’, perhaps alter that to ‘if Adolf Hitler set up a twitter account he’d get a blue tick either way’, in case I’m being vague what I meant to say is social media is brimming with wankers, its representative of such a wide array, there’s a fair few of every type out there, likes are not hard to come by.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:43 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is insanity,

@spunko12345 might want to see this.

Presumably ''essential items' will include Durex? Those sheep won't lube themselves!

wow! Now this is scary. I do get a little freaked out taking anything off the store shelves these days, but I do use hand sanitizer when I shop. Who knows if this stuff helps or not? I guess we don't know who is handling our food and other products these days?

I know Walmart workers are very busy doing the shopping for many customers now and they just drive up and the clerk puts their groceries in their cars now.

I still go to the store myself to shop, but basically if I order anything other than food, I do the buying online. Started Christmas shopping around July.

• Like 1

Its amazing innit, how a population turns the minute you hit em in the creature comforts and all that, imagine these people during rationing.  And its usually these types that are first to bellow ‘I’d be first in line if war ever broke out’, course you would sweetheart.  

• Like 1

if lockdown is what an orwellian state looks like, then I'm all up for it.

I was longing back to the days of march / april when there was no traffic on the streets, when we were home for weeks on end, sporadically doing some chorse, but rediscovering the joys of life and nature. then covid went away, and back came the stress of work and society, and now it goes away again.

ah, the bliss of not caring what time it is. Making a vegatable soup with whatever is in your fridge. looking through old pictures, reading a book, enjoying the garden.

As far as my minute-to minute days go, they were never better. only thing that spoils the party a bit is the damn news, but in a sudden stroke of genius we decided not to watch the news anymore.

And it's not as if I'd miss a new authoritarian restriction, since we don't go outside anyway apart from the food store. They could close everything out there and we wouldn't know.

In a year or two, I'll be looking through my window, from my perpetual state of ignorance, and have  a quick look on how things stand. But if I'm really honest; I don't care

Edited by action

6 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I was thinkin’ when I watched it that a fitting end would be for the bloke (or bird) who has to pick that plastic shit up crept up behind him nice and slow, tapped him on the shoulder and chinned him just as he turned around.

I don't agree with any of you cunts on this haha. There isn't much I can reply as your interpretations were so utterly different to mine. His act is useless in its self - you are correct there, and somewhat a hindrance to the low-paid shop assistant - but it is beginning to be evident that we now need more civic disobedience: civic disobedience on a mass scales. We are indeed in very dark territory and not only because of the kung flu.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its amazing innit, how a population turns the minute you hit em in the creature comforts and all that, imagine these people during rationing.  And its usually these types that are first to bellow ‘I’d be first in line if war ever broke out’, course you would sweetheart.  

You are not hitting them solely ''in the creature comforts'' however. You are stipulating how many friends and family members they can and can not meet - rumblings of ''Christmas being cancelled''. You are removing vital medical care, delaying vital assessments and procedures. You are prohibiting freedom of movement. You are prohibiting education, education at an important time in a child's intellectual development; my nephews and nieces have had barely a week of schooling under their belt since March.

And yes, wares are being rationed. But books? Bedding-linen? Clothing? With no logical connection to the cause, i.e., corona? Rationing was brought in during the war because the Battle of the Atlantic, the U-Boats, restricted Britain's access to food exports. What we are seeing in Wales is utter nonsense with no causal relationship available. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't agree with any of you cunts on this haha. There isn't much I can reply as your interpretations were so utterly different to mine. His act is useless in its self - you are correct there, and somewhat a hindrance to the low-paid shop assistant - but it is beginning to be evident that we now need more civic disobedience: civic disobedience on a mass scales. We are indeed in very dark territory and not only because of the kung flu.

Cling film In The Name Of :headbang:

• Haha 1