Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

Someone way too close for comfort got it. And Im not surprised in the least.

If he survives, Im gonna sling shot him in the balls as soon as he recovers.

Which is what I should have done to this covidiot the first time he put me in danger by scoffing precautions.

What a fucking goof with his arrogant, shit-eating grin. If he doesnt cover that with a mask after, Im gonna put him in a gimp suit and keep him in the shed. :lol:

You dont get to be a MAGA in Canada. Period.

44 minutes ago, soon said:

Which is what I should have done to this covidiot the first time he put me in danger by scoffing precautions.

What a fucking goof with his arrogant, shit-eating grin. If he doesnt cover that with a mask after, Im gonna put him in a gimp suit and keep him in the shed. :lol:

You were discussing ''contempt'' earlier?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You were discussing ''contempt'' earlier?

I did respond to you in a different thread, about a different subject, regarding your practice of the politics of contempt. 

You failed to respond to that.

That has nothing to do with this of course.

(Wait, do you think this^^ is an example of the politics of contempt?!?! :lol: Like, just because one could use the word “contempt?” :lol:)

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

What? Hopefully it will be just as safe as any other vaccine. And no, new vaccines (or old vaccines) are not the actual virus; they are inactive parts of viruses. 

This is simply not true, or at best a gross over-simplification, applied to subunit (antigen) vaccines and VLPs maybe, the latter mimicking the protein shell. Live attenuated vaccines for instance contain ''weakened'' versions of the virus - Codagenix's for example. Further, there are DNA vaccines being developed, for instance by  Inovio and Scancell, which dispense with SARS-CoV-2 altogether!

37 minutes ago, soon said:

I did respond to you in a different thread, about a different subject, regarding your practice of the politics of contempt. 

You failed to respond to that.

That has nothing to do with this of course.

(Wait, do you think this^^ is an example of the politics of contempt?!?! :lol: Like, just because one could use the word “contempt?” :lol:)

I said ''contempt'', not the ''politics of contempt''. I didn't reply because it made no sense. To me Woke is the politics of contempt, or rather ideological fascism. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I said ''contempt'', not the ''politics of contempt''. I didn't reply because it made no sense. To me Woke is the politics of contempt, or rather ideological fascism. 

:lol:

Well, anyways.... I dont really care about "woke."

1 hour ago, soon said:

Rut roh...close enough to you that you were exposed?! Why are there sooooo many Covidiots? Its like they want it....freakin people up here are like herd immunity. And I'm like....you guys know some people are getting it a 2nd time and antibodies are not always there months after you have had COVID? The stupidity is absolutely exhausting and frustrating AF!!!! 

• GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Rut roh...close enough to you that you were exposed?! Why are there sooooo many Covidiots? Its like they want it....freakin people up here are like herd immunity. And I'm like....you guys know some people are getting it a 2nd time and antibodies are not always there months after you have had COVID? The stupidity is absolutely exhausting and frustrating AF!!!! 

I walk passed him in the hallway all the time. And hes the type of covidiot who tries to squeeze passed you in a tight door way, etc. For the life of me I cant exactly remember the last time I had close contact though. Its not long ago, thats for sure. Ill be on edge for a few days, already staying in anyways.

I dont know why there are so many of these morons. Hes certainly fashioned himself after a more clean cut MAGA stereotype though. I think you sharing facts about antibodies would be lost on this particular specimen, lol. And I am at my wits end with these people!!! :anger:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

I walk passed him in the hallway all the time. And hes the type of covidiot who tries to squeeze passed you in a tight door way, etc. For the life of me I cant exactly remember the last time I had close contact though. Its not long ago, thats for sure. Ill be on edge for a few days, already staying in anyways.

I dont know why there are so many of these morons. Hes certainly fashioned himself after a more clean cut MAGA stereotype though. I think you sharing facts about antibodies would be lost on this particular specimen, lol. And I am at my wits end with these people!!! :anger:

Perfect job for you as a Covid Marshal,

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/21/covid-marshals-have-actually-been-spotted-in-the-wild-13456927/

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What? Hopefully it will be just as safe as any other vaccine. And no, new vaccines (or old vaccines) are not the actual virus; they are inactive parts of viruses. 

it's not the virus that kills people, it's the reaction of our own immunity cells, that attack our healthy cells as a reaction to the virus. 

Edited by action

test person for covid patient has died

https://www.hln.be/dossier-coronavirus/proefpersoon-voor-coronavaccin-van-astrazeneca-overleden-proeven-worden-niet-stopgezet~a902a013/

nothing on the death cause however.

not the first time there's creepy issues being reported with test subjects.

In any case, I've long made the decision not to take any vaccination. No one can guarantee that the vaccin will be safe, and this is crucial for me. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

How does the whole experimental patient thing work anyways? People get paid, I assume? So it would then stand to reason that only people who really, really need cash would apply for such a job?

for the same reason people donate blood? to help people? I like to believe, not everyone helps other people just for the money.

14 minutes ago, action said:

for the same reason people donate blood? to help people? I like to believe, not everyone helps other people just for the money.

*Posts article about someone dying during vaccine trials*

*Compares said trials to donating blood*

I also wasnt asking what you like to believe, I was asking for facts!

2 minutes ago, soon said:

*Posts article about someone dying during vaccine trials*

*Compares said trials to donating blood*

I also wasnt asking what you like to believe, I was asking for facts!

facts about why people decide to volunteer in a vaccination experiment? 

there are no facts, there is no data. Everyone has their own reasons, we can only guess what they are.

facts are so overrated. the world is better described by emotion / interpretation, rather than with facts.

2 minutes ago, action said:

facts about why people decide to volunteer in a vaccination experiment? 

there are no facts, there is no data. Everyone has their own reasons, we can only guess what they are.

facts are so overrated. the world is better described by emotion / interpretation, rather than with facts.

Get your 'right wing-ness' under control! :lol: Its impacting your ability to interact with the world!

Numbers are still going up in Texas and many other states, yet Trump still has his rallies and most of those morons don't wear a mask. What the hell is happening?

I don't mind wearing a mask anywhere, I'm just so tired of worrying how worse this virus is going to get by the end of the year. The death toll seems to be getting higher quicker now.  I don't see an end in sight for next year either?

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Okay thanks for letting me know. I thought it was the actual virus. I probably will listen to my doctor and go from there.  This virus feels like it's been here for years already. Don't have much faith in 2021 either. 

California should let Disney handle this themselves.  For starters, Disney's top priority has always been safety and families for as long as they have been in existence. 

We are 100% open in Florida and they have been doing an excellent job with the parks here.  Everyone gets their temperature checked before entering the parks, 100% mask enforcement. social distancing and mandatory hand sanitizing before and after rides.  

Texas just surpassed California for the most confirmed cases.  Kind of surprised considering I thought we'd start to see a drop off in cases in Texas with the cooler weather and less need for staying inside for air-conditioning.   

Press conference today....we haven't heard our hopeless Trumpster governor talk about COVID in like a month. Found out from someone calling in that we don't have sufficient PPE in some parts of AK. They are having to reuse gloves and put sanitizer on them. WTF?! The US still doesn't have enough PPE? And even though we are in the red, he is still downplaying the virus and won't do a state mask mandate. I.just.cant. 

37 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Press conference today....we haven't heard our hopeless Trumpster governor talk about COVID in like a month. Found out from someone calling in that we don't have sufficient PPE in some parts of AK. They are having to reuse gloves and put sanitizer on them. WTF?! The US still doesn't have enough PPE? And even though we are in the red, he is still downplaying the virus and won't do a state mask mandate. I.just.cant. 

I agree, the PPE shortage is difficult to understand.