Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not interested in all of the nerd stuff. 

Hold on, you told your nephew that all the rest of the films are "Rubbish." But you havent even seen one of the films?

Also, brace yourself, Ahsoka in Mando season 2 :headbang::lol:

1 minute ago, soon said:

Hold on, you told your nephew that all the rest of the films are "Rubbish." But you havent even seen one of the films?

Also, brace yourself, Ahsoka in Mando season 2 :headbang::lol:

Just some cartoon, isn't it?

Darth Maul surviving and having robot legs. What sort of bollocks is that?

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just some cartoon, isn't it?

Darth Maul surviving and having robot legs. What sort of bollocks is that?

Its a feature film with a theatrical release. Story lines and characters were introduced that appear to be forming a large portion of the future of Star Wars stories, including in season 1 of Mando!

The Ahsoka/Maul parallels are deep Star Wars lore. Its like "sandbox star wars" - what the collective consciousness of fandom imagined and read into star wars lore. Come to screen!

*In 91 Axls 'Annoying fan voice'* "But it not possible for someone to survive a fall into a pit..." Ha! Who's the nerd now, ya Trekkie! :P

23 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Starting tomorrow restaurants and pubs will be closed again in the entire country. 

I know people's jobs are on the line and I feel for them, but I'm not surprised things are closing down again. The bars and restaurants here in Texas are open again too. Not sure for how long the bars will be open.

The Globe Life stadium had an event there last night, but people were distanced and wore masks. it sucks because GNR were doing a concert there in August and they had to cancel it. So far no new date and that annoys me.

It seems Texas will make an effort to have a sports event. It just pisses me off.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Northern Ireland? 

'Spoons will be alright here as Tim Martin is a Tory party donor and Brexiteer in extremis. A packet of crisps ought to do it.

Yeah, that Arlene Brickminge has decided that the locals can't go on the sauce but they can go to visit their imaginary friend. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, that Arlene Brickminge has decided that the locals can't go on the sauce but they can go to visit their imaginary friend. :lol: 

None of it will work anyway. It is all an utter load of bollocks. Open everything up and let's get on with our lives like the Swedes. 

Patrick Vallance's prediction vis-à-vis reality,

EkSqq3fXgAAwuyZ?format=jpg&name=small

Northern Ireland have literally just put themselves into lockdown over seven hospital admissions,

EkRYPT1XgAE4iNY?format=png&name=small

Scientist behind the circuit breaker, the scheme advocated by Labour, admits he ballsed-up the figures: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8838727/Academics-circuit-breaker-study-admit-death-figures-estimated.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

11 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Goes to COVID thread....well, to read about COVID. Steps upon discussion of Star Wars instead. :lol: 

Sorry! :lol: I certainly dont want to bother you at all :) How are things going up there? Youre back with all those kiddos?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Sorry! :lol: I certainly dont want to bother you at all :) How are things going up there? Youre back with all those kiddos?

Good, although our city in the middle of a scandal. Our mayor just resigned last night....just google Etahn Berkowitz or psycho lady Maria Athens. Fun times! 

But yeah I went on my first trip to see my mom and relatives (all being VERY COVID safe!) in CO and after taking 2 tests and quarantining, I am back with the kiddos. :) Its is super cold too, this Friday the studded tires come on!

And as far as COVID, we are trending badly....3 weeks in a row with high numbers, most of our state is in the red and schools in Anchorage have still not opened cause its so bad. :thumbsdown: Its because of the idiots gathering at parties, churches, etc. and not wearing masks or social distancing...like at the White House!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Good, although our city in the middle of a scandal. Our mayor just resigned last night....just google Etahn Berkowitz or psycho lady Maria Athens. Fun times! 

But yeah I went on my first trip to see my mom and relatives (all being VERY COVID safe!) in CO and after taking 2 tests and quarantining, I am back with the kiddos. :) Its is super cold too, this Friday the studded tires come on!

And as far as COVID, we are trending badly....3 weeks in a row with high numbers, most of our state is in the red and schools in Anchorage have still not opened cause its so bad. :thumbsdown: Its because of the idiots gathering at parties, churches, etc. and not wearing masks or social distancing...like at the White House!

My word! :wow: I just listened to that voice mail she left him! On top of everything else, he must be embarrassed for being with a psycho like her! Yikes! And IIRC you had been appreciating your mayors leadership in the pandemic?

Ive been to CO. Nice place! Your family must appreciate all the effort and quarantining involved to go see them! Cool. I bet the kids are happy to have you too. We got cold early here. Fall is already well underway. We do winter tires, bit sounds like "studded tires" is a whole net level thing?! Sounds kinda fun :headbang:

Sorry to hear about your numbers. Sounds like the same idiots as here. My province is trending high and my city is considered a "hot spot" with even more restrictions than neighbouring towns. I hate it. But as much as Im grumpy with my fellow town folk, Id never compare them to this white house! Haha j/k, I totally would! 

North Texas numbers are up too. Not surprised with schools opening and bars too.

I think some people still don't believe this virus is here to stay.

The Dallas news is just focusing on how the Dallas Cowboy's quarterback has broken his leg and how long he'll be out? Unreal.

Dallas news reporters just focus on sports and weather. Any corona news is said in one sentence. I live in a state of morons.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

My word! :wow: I just listened to that voice mail she left him! On top of everything else, he must be embarrassed for being with a psycho like her! Yikes! And IIRC you had been appreciating your mayors leadership in the pandemic?

Ive been to CO. Nice place! Your family must appreciate all the effort and quarantining involved to go see them! Cool. I bet the kids are happy to have you too. We got cold early here. Fall is already well underway. We do winter tires, bit sounds like "studded tires" is a whole net level thing?! Sounds kinda fun :headbang:

Sorry to hear about your numbers. Sounds like the same idiots as here. My province is trending high and my city is considered a "hot spot" with even more restrictions than neighbouring towns. I hate it. But as much as Im grumpy with my fellow town folk, Id never compare them to this white house! Haha j/k, I totally would! 

Nice voicemail huh? What a mouth on her! She also assaulted a cop, trashed the newsroom that she worked for and rumors are that she was high on cocaine the night this all went down. Definitely a nut job and yeah I thought the mayor Ethan has done an outstanding job during this pandemic. He was the first one in March to "hunker down" and not our governor. He also made a mask mandate for our city too, but the governor will not do it statewide. He is absolutely Trump's puppet and it is sickening! I am super super bummed that Ethan is no longer the mayor. :( Sorry to hear where you are is a hot spot. Dislike.

Ha! Yeah the studded tires are nice, I mean I have an AWD Subaru but on black ice the combo makes me feel super safe and I don't slide or get stuck in snow, so that is a plus! The kids though are not happy about having to wear their gloves, but I'm like sorry guys...you see the mountains with the snow on the tops?, yup its winter time! Suck it up buttercups! :lol:

• Haha 1

The big takeaway is not to let scientists supply all of the problems during a pandemic as they will only provide scientific answers and not answers relevant to human beings. Lockdown insanity is destroying jobs, recreation, education, mental health (suicides) and physical health - cancer deferrals. It is utterly trashing the economy. And all for a ''flu'' which only affects a fraction of the population, 0.14% of those infected!

Edited by DieselDaisy