Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

Trump keeps trying to push a vaccine by November. Not going to happen. Many doctors say Trump should still be in quarantee and should not be going outside or do another debate.

What about Pence too? Wasn't he around Trump and those other people in the WH? A lot of other workers in the WH are testing positive.

Still Trump is making stupid remarks about how the virus isn't so bad. Tell that to people who have gone through hell with the virus and for all those lives that were lost due to it.

He's still an arrogant moron. 

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

och-these-wee-bairns-cannae-handle-whisk

Thanks. Made me smile.:lol:

Gov Abbott of Texas wants to start opening the bars.

The virus is laughing and waiting for all the dummies who just have to go to a bar, get drunk and spread covid 19. Just waiting for Texas to close up yet again.

I read a lot of schools in NYC had to close up.  Not surprised. No air circulation in these old buildings.

I think it's safe to say the virus isn't going anywere in the foreseeable future.

we can stand on our heads, but that's the way it is.

there is not one person to blame, but rather everyone who still went to parties, pubs, and basically everyone who minimalised the virus at the start. Many people still went on ski vacations knowing that the virus was there (this is  very important: they knew, this is the fundament of guilt): well, they are the true primal spreaders of the virus. We should never forget that.

But accepting blame is something that is not typical of humans. Rather, we like to put the blame with a third party and then we quickly find a scape goat in trump.

I vividly remember the pictures, the videos, of people behaving like pigs in pubs, ignoring the danger. Strangely, you don't hear anything about that anymore. Only thing you ever see is: trump is to blame. But the "superspreaders", they remain out of sights.

These "superspreaders", who suffer from acute memory loss about their own actions, not only lay the blame with someone else, but now they have the audacity to tell people like me, someone who was always carefull until it was too late, that I should act according to their wishes. Needless to say, whenever that happens my reaction it isn't pretty. They should leave me the fuck alone, crawl back to their holes, and mind their own business. It's everyone to themselves now. No more compassion from me.

Edited by action

3 hours ago, action said:

I vividly remember the pictures, the videos, of people behaving like pigs in pubs, ignoring the danger. Strangely, you don't hear anything about that anymore. Only thing you ever see is: trump is to blame. But the "superspreaders", they remain out of sights.

Action, where do you get your information? Here, and I'm including Belgium, no one is ''blaming'' Trump for the second wave, what does he have to do with what is going on here anyway? I was reading an article the other day about how in the Netherlands the second wave started mainly because of young people, who went on vacation to Spain and France this summer, because it is in the student housings and among young people where most of the spreading started again this time around. No one is ignoring the ''superspreaders'' as you call them.

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Action, where do you get your information? Here, and I'm including Belgium, no one is ''blaming'' Trump for the second wave, what does he have to do with what is going on here anyway? I was reading an article the other day about how in the Netherlands the second wave started mainly because of young people, who went on vacation to Spain and France this summer, because it is in the student housings and among young people where most of the spreading started again this time around. No one is ignoring the ''superspreaders'' as you call them.

Same in Norway: We have an uptick in the number of cases late in summer when people returned from vacations in countries with more cases and at the start of the semester when students started partying together.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:

the left media (vrt news and VTM news) spare no effort to point to trump when it goes about rising covid numbers. This is one observation.

Second, the same media never report on the consequences of the actions of the people I mentioned. I have yet to view the first item on irresponsible behaviour in relation to rising numbers.

In the netherlands, it is worse as here we have a country which still does not obliges mouth masks to the general public, and which was very late in restricting access to bars and restaurants. In the netherlands, even more so than in belgium (and that's saying something), personal responsability is a rare thing.

on the contrary, when it was reported in february that many people still went on ski vacations, the consensus of the people interviewed was that "we don't see much corona here; people in belgium make more of a drama out of it than we do", as they laughed it all away.

They never showed those images again, while the personal responsability in this case is collossal.

the media are so reluctant to kick people in their conscious, but spare no effort to blame it all on trump then.

But go on, I say (to the media). Go on as you do, bury your head in the sand. The virus will be here for a long long time.

2 minutes ago, action said:

the left media (vrt news and VTM news) spare no effort to point to trump when it goes about rising covid numbers. This is one observation.

Second, the same media never report on the consequences of the actions of the people I mentioned. I have yet to view the first item on irresponsible behaviour in relation to rising numbers.

In the netherlands, it is worse as here we have a country which still does not obliges mouth masks to the general public, and which was very late in restricting access to bars and restaurants. In the netherlands, even more so than in belgium (and that's saying something), personal responsability is a rare thing.

I watch VRT news quite frequently as a matter of fact. Trump gets criticized a lot here (and rightfully so) but not regarding the corona situation in our countries. In the Netherlands no one is ignoring what's going on, the government is under more and more criticism regarding the use of masks right now, in fact the majority wants more restrictions now that the situation is getting desperate again. And like I mentioned, Trump is not even mentioned unless it's about the situation in the US. 

1 hour ago, action said:

on the contrary, when it was reported in february that many people still went on ski vacations, the consensus of the people interviewed was that "we don't see much corona here; people in belgium make more of a drama out of it than we do", as they laughed it all away.

They never showed those images again, while the personal responsability in this case is collossal.

the media are so reluctant to kick people in their conscious, but spare no effort to blame it all on trump then.

But go on, I say (to the media). Go on as you do, bury your head in the sand. The virus will be here for a long long time.

Ok, well... I don't see it that way, at least not here, maybe it's different in your country, although I haven't seen too much of it while watching/reading Belgian media either. I don't disagree with what you're saying about how a lot of people aren't listening. I've seen a lot of people around me going on vacation this year and I don't see a lot of social distancing. But no one is ignoring that. In articles and talkshows they are discussing exactly that almost every day. No one is pointing fingers at a so-called president on the other side of the world while discussing the situation here. 

Edited by EvanG

13 hours ago, action said:

I think it's safe to say the virus isn't going anywere in the foreseeable future.

we can stand on our heads, but that's the way it is.

there is not one person to blame, but rather everyone who still went to parties, pubs, and basically everyone who minimalised the virus at the start. Many people still went on ski vacations knowing that the virus was there (this is  very important: they knew, this is the fundament of guilt): well, they are the true primal spreaders of the virus. We should never forget that.

But accepting blame is something that is not typical of humans. Rather, we like to put the blame with a third party and then we quickly find a scape goat in trump.

These "superspreaders", who suffer from acute memory loss about their own actions, not only lay the blame with someone else, but now they have the audacity to tell people like me, someone who was always carefull until it was too late, that I should act according to their wishes. Needless to say, whenever that happens my reaction it isn't pretty. They should leave me the fuck alone, crawl back to their holes, and mind their own business. It's everyone to themselves now. No more compassion from me.

I agree with you. When the virus first broke out, I said it would be here until December. Now I know it will be and I'm betting it'll be around for next year too.

The more Trump pushes for a vaccine, the more people won't take it. This is going to be one big mess for a long time to come.

If we stay well it'll be a miracle. With Texas bars opening, you know stupid people will be out drinking and not distancing because they want to hook up. lol Either way, the virus is happy.

I work, shop once a week and other times stay inside and wear a mask when out at all times.  From what I've heard from people who have had the virus, it's a long haul to get well and feel well, so I hope I don't get it nor anyone in my family.  It's not something that will go away quickly and God help you if you wind up in the hospital. That scares the shit out of me.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Prime Minister Arden successfully eliminated Corona once. Now she has successfully eliminated it a second time!

Wow! Awesome for her. See you can get it more than once. That sucks.

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

There literally are things that you can do to avoid being infected though.

15ce0245d0e3c1110413f1ff6cf406bb0bc9799f

that meme gives me seizures.

also, I'm the wrong person to say this to.

you can stay in your house 24/7 and still get the virus.

see: https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/rajani-bleef-drie-weken-thuis-en-kreeg-toch-corona-het-lijkt-wel-een-lot-uit-de-loterij~a74083bd/

I'm sure that you can do things to statistically lower the chance to get the virus, but that isn't saying much to the people who do all that and still get it.

the implications to this opinion are in my previous posts.

Edited by action

with infections rising every day, but with people arguably taking more precautions than at the start of the epidemy, it doesn't take a genious to see the discrepancy here.

if measures work, and people take more measures......then why are infections rising?

everyone wears mouth masks, people stay 1,5 meters distance off each other. If it lowers the chance to get the virus, then numbers should be lowering and not rising.

this makes me conclude that all these measures are just theoretically beneficial, but we absolutely do not see the benefits in practise. The numbers have never been this high!

THIS is what I mean with personal responsability

https://www.hln.be/in-de-buurt/leuven/laatste-cafe-avond-tot-1-uur-eindigt-in-chaos-op-oude-markt-de-horeca-gaat-hier-kapot-aan~a4e3015d/

last evening that bars are open until 1 am, and it resulted in chaos.

give people a finger, and they take an arm.

People do not deserve compassion and privileges. A hard lockdown, no exceptions, and severe punishment is what needed.

trump disapppoints me. if anyone could provide an iron first, it's him.

183 new daily cases yesterday in my city yesterday, with a record breaking province wide day of 900 new cases set to be announced today. And its because everyone is an idiot. Plain and simple.

We're expecting to get further re-imposed measures yet again today. Things no one had to tell me not to do to begin with. So in walks the nanny state to wipe your asses.

8 hours ago, soon said:

183 new daily cases yesterday in my city yesterday, with a record breaking province wide day of 900 new cases set to be announced today. And its because everyone is an idiot. Plain and simple.

We're expecting to get further re-imposed measures yet again today. Things no one had to tell me not to do to begin with. So in walks the nanny state to wipe your asses.

I know how many times do people need to be told what to do right now? I mean it's nothing new with masks and distancing and avoiding crowds and washing out hands. 

I saw Bill Gates on CNN yesterday talking to Anderson Cooper. Anderson asked him if he thinks we will still be wearing masks and distancing by this time next year? He said yes and I agree with him. Since you won't know who has gotten the vaccine you can't trust others to be okay even after a year or so. I don't think this virus will go away anytime soon even with a vaccine. 

And now here comes flu season and alot of parents haven't gotten their kids vaccinated for other diseases due to the virus, so who knows what will be floating around next?

I mean bars in Texas will be opening and honestly do you think anyone will be distancing and wearing a mask when they are drinking? This is going to be a mess.

Numbers are still up around the US and yet Trump does nothing even after he got the damn virus! What a moron!

Everyday I get up and everyday it's the same old shit. So sick of it. Nothing good happens at all these days.

Halloween is fucked and Christmas probably will be too. No Macy's parade, no trick or treating and everyone will be Christmas shopping online so many more stores and malls will be closing possibly for good.

This virus is taking everything that we hold dear to us all and yet people still think it's all political. Meanwhile the US has over 220,000 deaths and the deaths have gone up quickly in the past two weeks. How can you not be scared by this?

52 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Frontman TOOL has Covid in febraury, but him still isn"t full recovery. He still have serious consequence.

A lot of people who have had the virus aren't the same afterwards. 

Chris Cuomo calls it the long haul because you have side effects that linger for a long time. He still doesn't feel all that well.

I don't understand how Trump can think he's okay? I mean usually by the 7th day it can be a hit or miss with this virus.

Heard him in a phone interview and he was coughing and sounding hoarse. It's just crazy.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 10:11 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree with you. When the virus first broke out, I said it would be here until December. Now I know it will be and I'm betting it'll be around for next year too.

The more Trump pushes for a vaccine, the more people won't take it. This is going to be one big mess for a long time to come.

If we stay well it'll be a miracle. With Texas bars opening, you know stupid people will be out drinking and not distancing because they want to hook up. lol Either way, the virus is happy.

I work, shop once a week and other times stay inside and wear a mask when out at all times.  From what I've heard from people who have had the virus, it's a long haul to get well and feel well, so I hope I don't get it nor anyone in my family.  It's not something that will go away quickly and God help you if you wind up in the hospital. That scares the shit out of me.

Wow! Awesome for her. See you can get it more than once. That sucks.

She eliminated it from the country (New Zealand) and then it came back so eliminated it again. But @DieselDaisyis a sarky bugger so he probably meant it just proves she never really eliminated it in the first place.