Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

My mom had most of those symptoms a week ago, and she's hardly ever sick, so needless to say we were all worried because everything pointed to corona. But like I said, she was tested negative.

I hope your mom is well.

We know our bodies better than anyone else.

To my knowledge, they test on antibodies: if you have them, you had corona. But what if you develop few antibodies, I wonder. Could it be, that a test does not detect an infection? 

I'm sure I had it.

Just now, action said:

I hope your mom is well.

We know our bodies better than anyone else.

To my knowledge, they test on antibodies: if you have them, you had corona. But what if you develop few antibodies, I wonder. Could it be, that a test does not detect an infection? 

I'm sure I had it.

It took a couple of days before she could do the test and then it took two days before she got the result, so by that time she was already feeling better and we weren't really worried anymore, but still a huge relief to find out she didn't have it. But I was just saying... just because you have a few ''corona'' symptoms doesn't mean you actually have it.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

You and Trump are conflating precaution with "fear."

Trump took no precautions and got the virus. Thats dumb and embarrassing, so he tries to deflect by saying that smart people who take precaution are living in "fear." But hes a strong man, therefore feels no "fear." Therefore he took no precautions. Therefore he got sick and still might die. :lol:

Hes just using a different word to criticize more sane and capable leaders who are advocating for reason and precaution.

Taking effective precaution is something that naturally alleviates any potential "fear." Its just that idiots like Trump dont speak in the language of reason. They speak in the language of fear, all the time.

Im very sorry to hear that someone you know has committed suicide. :hug:

If Trump cared about the mental health of those isolated as a result of the pandemic, he has every chance to make a video each morning, noon and night, to offer community and friendship to those people. He is after all, a reality tv star. But instead he spends his time advocating actions that result in death.

Social distance. Wear a mask. Stay home.

"you and trump"

that sounds so confronting. there is no "me and trump", (*in girlfriend breaking up voice*) there is no "us". 

It took a couple of days before she could do the test and then it took two days before she got the result, so by that time she was already feeling better and we weren't really worried anymore, but still a huge relief to find out she didn't have it. But I was just saying... just because you have a few ''corona'' symptoms doesn't mean you actually have it.

true story, my mom told me last week how a labo mixed up her blood test with someone else's.

trust no one.

Just now, action said:

"you and trump"

that sounds so confronting. there is no "me and trump", (*in girlfriend breaking up voice*) there is no "us". 

You started this engagement by saying you agree with Trump.

It makes perfect sense that I would speak that way.

Just now, soon said:

You started this engagement by saying you agree with Trump.

It makes perfect sense that I would speak that way.

yeah, but we came to that conclusion by vastly different backgrounds. I don't even agree with his reasoning (reasonings which I only half heard), just with the slogan, almost as in a symbolic way. I don't know why he said that, and I don't want to know. But the simple message "don't have fear", yeah, that I agree with.

2 minutes ago, action said:

true story, my mom told me last week how a labo mixed up her blood test with someone else's.

trust no one.

Well, my dad got tested at the same time, he didn't have symptoms but they live together obviously, so just to be sure he got tested too, and he was tested negative as well, so I doubt they mixed anything up!

I do feel that I'm not 100% "out there" though. Kind of like permanetly walking around with a sleepy head. Mild depression, but I blame that on the fear mongering going on. Corona has really done "something" to my head. I try to make fun of it. I can do everything I did before, but my senses are kind of dulled, it's hard to explain. I guess this is how Elvis felt when he was on meds.

1 minute ago, action said:

I do feel that I'm not 100% "out there" though. Kind of like permanetly walking around with a sleepy head. Mild depression, but I blame that on the fear mongering going on. Corona has really done "something" to my head. I try to make fun of it. I can do everything I did before, but my senses are kind of dulled, it's hard to explain. I guess this is how Elvis felt when he was on meds.

I read the other day that a study showed that 95% of the people with corona still suffer from health issues 6 months later. Almost ironic, isn't it? You were one of the first Belgians to wear a mask and make precautions but you still catch it, and then there are people out there who are living life as always and have been doing so since this all started and they are fine and dandy. Bad karma, maybe?

Just now, EvanG said:

I read the other day that a study showed that 95% of the people with corona still suffer from health issues 6 months later. Almost ironic, isn't it? You were one of the first Belgians to wear a mask and make precautions but you still catch it, and then there are people out there who are living life as always and have been doing so since this all started and they are fine and dandy. Bad karma, maybe?

and still, I feel lucky. because I am still alive. I feel "something", but I'm not even sure what that is. Anyway, I can live a happy life, enjoy my family and play video games and talk to you kind folk. I've got no interest in fear., and wear my mouth mask reluctantly. Corona is like a train that has left the station for me: I live like it doesn't exist. 

6 minutes ago, action said:

and still, I feel lucky. because I am still alive. I feel "something", but I'm not even sure what that is. Anyway, I can live a happy life, enjoy my family and play video games and talk to you kind folk. I've got no interest in fear., and wear my mouth mask reluctantly. Corona is like a train that has left the station for me: I live like it doesn't exist. 

I really do admire you and respect you for fighting this damn virus. Should I get it before they find a vaccine, I can only hope to be as brave as you and get through it with the same bravery and wisdom.

Edited by EvanG

I really do admire you and respect you for fighting this damn virus. Should I get it before they find a vaccine, I can only hope to be as brave as you and get through it with the same bravery and wisdom.

it's just dumb luck Evan. if your blood is wired the wrong way it can go bad very quickly. I really think that most of us will get it sooner or later. it is inevitable. but fear is of no use. you should indeed be brave. What happens, will happen. We all need to go through this time of uncertainty, and if we have to sit through this ride we might as well do it while sitting on a peluche and cozy seat.

The world can be on fire tomorrow, but if that happens I'm not even sure I'd leave my comfortable bed. I'd say bollox to all that, turn around and go back to sleep.

1 minute ago, action said:

it's just dumb luck Evan. if your blood is wired the wrong way it can go bad very quickly. I really think that most of us will get it sooner or later. it is inevitable. but fear is of no use. you should indeed be brave. What happens, will happen. We all need to go through this time of uncertainty, and if we have to sit through this ride we might as well do it while sitting on a peluche and cozy seat.

The world can be on fire tomorrow, but if that happens I'm not even sure I'd leave my comfortable bed. I'd say bollox to all that, turn around and go back to sleep.

So many wise words... I've been a wreck through this entire pandemic, but you're really helping me through, man. After reading this post I think I'll sleep a little bit better tonight. 

MAD RESPECT - Ali G | Meme Generator

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, action said:

you shouldn't be fearing the virus. I agree with this statement. if you live in fear, then what is life worth living?

I am sorry, but I hate this mindset. What is wrong with living in fear, exactly? It is scary as fuck, there is a global event occurring the likes of which not a single person on this forum (if you were around in WW2, my apologies) has lived through. A novel virus has reached community spread worldwide and a million people are dead with way more to follow. Why the fuck shouldn't you be scared? In fact, it is healthier to be scared. 

Be scared, live in fear, take precautions, and take this shit seriously. I would rather live in fear for months or until a viable treatment or vaccine is rolled out than be oblivious to what is going on. My life is also very much worth living, thank you very much. 

Fuck, human beings are dumb

5 hours ago, action said:

And if you have it (like I had it), then it'll probably be ok. And if not, then it soon will be over anyway.

What a selfish and stupid statement, unbelievable 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am sorry, but I hate this mindset. What is wrong with living in fear, exactly? It is scary as fuck, there is a global event occurring the likes of which not a single person on this forum (if you were around in WW2, my apologies) has lived through. A novel virus has reached community spread worldwide and a million people are dead with way more to follow. Why the fuck shouldn't you be scared? In fact, it is healthier to be scared. 

Be scared, live in fear, take precautions, and take this shit seriously. I would rather live in fear for months or until a viable treatment or vaccine is rolled out than be oblivious to what is going on. My life is also very much worth living, thank you very much. 

Fuck, human beings are dumb

What a selfish and stupid statement, unbelievable 

there is not a single thing you can do to avoid being infected. you can not escape fate.

there are two options, one of which will lead to depression, lunacy and worse.

option 1: you don't give a flying fuck. You constate, from far away, that something is happening in the world, and from the faint look of it, it doesn't look too good. Oh well, they're probably doing something about it as we speak. Some angry people are imploring me to be afraid and not enjoy life anymore. Aint that a crazy thought. Oh well... But can I still get 120 stars in mario 64? that's the question.

option 2: you fully give in to what society dictates, as in stepping into a cold bath. Your whole body shivers, there is coldness around you. You take the bitter medicine of fear and sorrow. You are now part of the machine. greyness fills your life. Paranoia, anger, fuels your days. You are a good citizen, and do what they tell you. But what's that? you develop a nasty cough. How could this happen? Have they lied to you? Who has done this to you? who do you believe? You demand answers. and so on, and so on.

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

@action I was messing with you because I thought you were messing too, but I really don't know anymore as I never really know if you're being serious or not. If you were serious... thanks... I guess!

you mentioned my whisdom one too many times, evan. I knew. but you had me worried for a while. glad you are ok.

Edited by action

25 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I hear today in my local radio that Oxford University said not.vaccine at least Easter in April.

That would be for widespread distribution, which is par the course. It has started a rolling review this week. Things are still looking good.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, action said:

there is not a single thing you can do to avoid being infected. you can not escape fate.

there are two options, one of which will lead to depression, lunacy and worse.

option 1: you don't give a flying fuck. You constate, from far away, that something is happening in the world, and from the faint look of it, it doesn't look too good. Oh well, they're probably doing something about it as we speak. Some angry people are imploring me to be afraid and not enjoy life anymore. Aint that a crazy thought. Oh well... But can I still get 120 stars in mario 64? that's the question.

option 2: you fully give in to what society dictates, as in stepping into a cold bath. Your whole body shivers, there is coldness around you. You take the bitter medicine of fear and sorrow. You are now part of the machine. greyness fills your life. Paranoia, anger, fuels your days. You are a good citizen, and do what they tell you. But what's that? you develop a nasty cough. How could this happen? Have they lied to you? Who has done this to you? who do you believe? You demand answers. and so on, and so on.

you mentioned my whisdom one too many times, evan. I knew. but you had me worried for a while. glad you are ok.

You can absolutely take measures to lessen your chances of getting sick and spreading it to others. You are spewing trash because you are jaded you got it despite your stress and measures. No, you can't 100% bet on safety (well, I suppose you can if you have a remote job and stay at home 100% of the time but even I don't do that) but you can limit the chances which is why the world is in the state it is now as opposed to exponential growth. 

Also, these two options are on very opposite ends of the spectrum. There is room to exist in the middle without being paralyzed by fear. Fear is good, its a natural feeling and kicks in survival instincts. Like any feeling, it is bad only when out of control. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

That would be for widespread distribution, which is par the course. It has started a rolling review this week. Things are still looking good.  

That's still a pretty aggressive timetable.  Both the CDC and Dr. Fauci have indicated that a more likely roll out for the masses of any vaccine in the US won't be until summer or fall of next year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/06/fauci-covid-deaths-426977

It is possible we could see access to the vaccine for high risk people much earlier, but for guys like you and I it probably won't be until this time next year when we get the shot.  

8 minutes ago, downzy said:

That's still a pretty aggressive timetable.  Both the CDC and Dr. Fauci have indicated that a more likely roll out for the masses of any vaccine in the US won't be until summer or fall of next year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/06/fauci-covid-deaths-426977

It is possible we could see access to the vaccine for high risk people much earlier, but for guys like you and I it probably won't be until this time next year when we get the shot.  

Yup that is reasonable. I can wait patiently, and knowing it will be coming will help immensely