Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

has anyone else here, anyone from England, got a corona test through the post saying its for 'research'?

They just want your DNA and they couldn’t be arsed distilling it out of your dad’s mate’s tea. :lol: 

13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

She eliminated it from the country (New Zealand) and then it came back so eliminated it again. But @DieselDaisyis a sarky bugger so he probably meant it just proves she never really eliminated it in the first place.

Since New Zealand is an island, I guess it was easier to shut stuff down.

In the US we have 50 states that want to do different shit and crazy ass morons that consider wearing a mask to fuck with their rights. So sick of that shit.

George Carlin did a skit on people bitching about their rights and he said shut up we have no rights. You just think you do. Love that man. He would have had such insight to this virus. Would have loved his take on all this shit!

American has over 200000 dead and still Trump just doesn't talk about it and still wants to have his conventions.

say bye to the old world folks. They're preparing us for another lockdown, and I have an empty feeling the world won't be the same afterwards.

I need to get an urgent dental procedure but my dentists tells me to wait two weeks, and then see how things will be. Lockdown, obviously. 

the politicians and experts give me an utter incompetent / incoherent impression. all they seem to do is fighting with each other, blaming each other. I see no efficient measures worthy of the title. it is all incredibly frustrating.

Even my dad, one of the most sober people you'll meet, doesn't know it anymore. that's seriously worrying, man.

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

when experts flip flop their stance, it's a normal process of scientific understanding.

If the common folk flip flop their stance, it's proof of their stupidity.

• Like 1

The news said numbers in North Texas are going up again.

I know Gov Abbott wants the bars to open, so not surprised there at all.

And the Jewish neighborhoods in NYC don't want to stay inside again and want to worship. These are the same people who don't get their kids vaccinated.

You know if Hitler were alive he'd be jumping for joy that more Jews might die because they don't want to stay inside and wear a mask. I just don't understand it.

This virus just knows how stupid some people are about certain ways to keep yourself safe and it just loves infecting them.

Yeah, we have to learn to live with this virus, but you don't have to be stupid about it. Where is the common sense?  I get annoyed to, but I'm so used to seeing people wearing masks now and it makes me relieved that they are trying tos tay safe as well as me.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:24 AM, action said:

with infections rising every day, but with people arguably taking more precautions than at the start of the epidemy, it doesn't take a genious to see the discrepancy here.

I would say the opposite is happening.  When things got bad in March, everything here stopped.  Every business shut down, ever person who could worked from home.  Later when things started to open up again people abided by social distance guidelines.  Now, whenever I got to the store, nobody gives a shit about keeping a proper distance.  Many people wear masks improperly (nose sticking out) or not wearing masks at all.  Exhaustion of precaution has kicked in.  

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, DieselDaisy said:

What are the opinions on Poland?

I see they've banned the yanks: https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/poland-tightens-coronavirus-measures-amid-record-infections-14593. If they ban the Brits I'll get a full refund from Jet2 (and not be too aggrieved as it isn't ideal). 

Poland is one of those countries that is shaped by history, even in literal sense.

I can't blame them for their stance on isolation, and immigration. I like their style.

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I actually really liked Knives Out but Last Jedi was utter wank!

No worse than the preceding and subsequent wank though. Whole trilogy was major masturbation. I stuck on the originals for my nephew and said, ''yeh...there is more films but they're rubbish''. Has to make his own mistakes in life.

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

I actually really liked Knives Out but Last Jedi was utter wank!

Never seen Knives Out. And now I cant as its dead, from a certain point of view.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

No worse than the preceding and subsequent wank though. Whole trilogy was major masturbation. I stuck on the originals for my nephew and said, ''yeh...there is more films but they're rubbish''. Has to make his own mistakes in life.

Have you even seen Clone Wars?