Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Wow! I thought Canada was doing well. I know many US shows are filming there maybe that's one of the problems. 

Just when you think some countries get a handle on it, it comes around again. I just think it lies in wait and then gets you.

It’s not so much a product of poor management as it is the result of pandemic exhaustion and changing temperatures.  People around where I live are far less compliant to social distancing than they were April through August. People just get tired of not seeing friends, family, and living with restrictions they feel are no longer necessary because of the low case counts we saw in the summer.

That isn’t to say we don’t have problems. Many provincial governments fucked up royally by not expanding testing capacity when kids went back to school.  In the summer it was no more than a 15 to 60 minute wait to get a test. Lately if you’re not at a testing site at 3AM you’re likely not getting a test.  It’s mind boggling to me that my province didn’t do a better job with respect to testing capacity knowing we would like see a second wave as temperatures cool. I’m not saying a second wave was unavoidable (they happen with almost every pandemic), but we could have been better prepared for it. 

On 10/15/2020 at 5:41 AM, soon said:

And I LOVE Subaru's! Youd need em up there.

Im sorry to hear that you lost a good leader. Thats pretty amazing to see Mayors picking up the slack and making the right choices, even though there can be political blow back from State and Fed. I really hope the new mayor will keep vigilant and keep you safe. Im not sure if his immediate replacement will be someone from his team? Maybe someone who will keep up his policies and covid leadership?

Ha yes, Subaru's are very popular up here. I love mine, have had it since 2008 and its silver and cute and handles the roads amazingly. I have never had any issues with them getting stuck during the winter. People in their trucks think they are invisible and they are usually the ones in the ditch after a big snow fall! 

And as far as the new interim mayor, it may be someone close to his team or on the assembly. They are holding an emergency meeting tonight to try and decide, but I pray it is someone like minded like our old mayor. I mean our governor is so like Trump, that 3 people in his staff have COVID. and he has been shown on video having parties in people's homes, of course NOT wearing masks or social distancing. He and Trump are absolutely one of the same. <_<

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because those are the only two options. 

:facepalm:

Sorry but millions of people have been working through this entire pandemic.  I haven't been out one day and can't work from home.  Grocery workers, healthcare workers, police, firemen, etc have all gone to work this whole time.  With all the people losing their jobs this past year anyone with a job should feel blessed to have one... Not complaining about it.  I have to wear a respirator between 10 and 12 hours a day and go into people's homes every day not knowing if someone in the house is sick.  It beats being unemployed and wondering how to pay my bills.  Put your big boy pants on and get back to work is my view.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Sorry but millions of people have been working through this entire pandemic.  I haven't been out one day and can't work from home.  Grocery workers, healthcare workers, police, firemen, etc have all gone to work this whole time.  With all the people losing their jobs this past year anyone with a job should feel blessed to have one... Not complaining about it.  I have to wear a respirator between 10 and 12 hours a day and go into people's homes every day not knowing if someone in the house is sick.  It beats being unemployed and wondering how to pay my bills.  Put your big boy pants on and get back to work is my view.

You are right. I am privileged that I had an office job where it wasn't required or needed. My company is making this decision blatantly to micromanage, though. I'll probably switch to another job that is remote because cases are popping here 

Also, I work just as hard from home. 

''Working from home'': merely a scheme for working class people to bring middle class people ''stuff'' direct to their door. For grocery suppliers, farmers, fishermen, warehouse/deliveries and of course emergency services there is no such thing as ''working from home''. 

(Proceeds to turn on Office and works from home haha).

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

For grocery suppliers, farmers, fishermen, warehouse/deliveries and of course emergency services there is no such thing as ''working from home''. 

(Proceeds to turn on Office and works from home haha).

I suppouse Farmers do sort of work from home.

9 hours ago, downzy said:

This doesn’t bode well...

Be safe everyone. Take this seriously. 

On a positive note I would imagine that there are a lot more tests carried out now which reveal more cases. Still pretty fucked up though.

17 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha yes, Subaru's are very popular up here. I love mine, have had it since 2008 and its silver and cute and handles the roads amazingly. I have never had any issues with them getting stuck during the winter. People in their trucks think they are invisible and they are usually the ones in the ditch after a big snow fall! 

And as far as the new interim mayor, it may be someone close to his team or on the assembly. They are holding an emergency meeting tonight to try and decide, but I pray it is someone like minded like our old mayor. I mean our governor is so like Trump, that 3 people in his staff have COVID. and he has been shown on video having parties in people's homes, of course NOT wearing masks or social distancing. He and Trump are absolutely one of the same. <_<

I bet your Subaru is cute, especially given whose behind the wheel. Just waving at all the big trucks in the ditch as you pass, lol. Subaru's are so dang well made!

Did they settle on an interim mayor last night? Man, I hope its not some Trump clone. I didnt realize your Governor was a party animal as well. You deserve so much better then those clowns.

We had 99 new daily cases yesterday, here in our second wave. I dont really have any complaints about my mayor, plus hes got the full support of the Wu Tang Clan to respond to the pandemic!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, soon said:

Did they settle on an interim mayor last night? Man, I hope its not some Trump clone. I didnt realize your Governor was a party animal as well. You deserve so much better then those clowns.

We had 99 new daily cases yesterday, here in our second wave. I dont really have any complaints about my mayor, plus hes got the full support of the Wu Tang Clan to respond to the pandemic!

Glad you have a good mayor!..its so important, but boo about the 2nd wave..hope it flattens soon. 

And we do have a new interim mayor....our first female mayor and I think she will do the right thing regarding the pandemic. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Looks like Pfizer is going to win for the first big approval. As early as next month for emergency use. 

My grandfather on my dad's side worked for Pfizer until he retired. I'm not sure about an early vaccine. I mean aren't the new vaccines the actual virus? I don't know if I want to take a chance and take the live virus? Will it be safe on older people or kids? What about pre-existing conditions? This sucks. Too much shit to think about and worry about.

New Mexico is a mess now and experts say that since Europe is having high numbers now again, the US will follow in the next month or so.  And I hate to think about when flu season starts.

A 30 year old woman from Garland Texas, where my family and I live, died from the virus after attending a rally for Trump.  

And Trump is still saying how the America people are sick of Dr. Fauci's doom and gloom attitude and of the virus. I mean yeah, we're sick of the virus, so what is he going to do about it? What a mess!

I'm working from home again. Only go into the office once a week. I'm glad about that again.

30 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My grandfather on my dad's side worked for Pfizer until he retired. I'm not sure about an early vaccine. I mean aren't the new vaccines the actual virus? I don't know if I want to take a chance and take the live virus? Will it be safe on older people or kids? What about pre-existing conditions? This sucks. 

What? Hopefully it will be just as safe as any other vaccine. And no, new vaccines (or old vaccines) are not the actual virus; they are inactive parts of viruses. 

• Like 1