09/24/22 - Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

alfierose

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's all about expectations. If you go to a show now expecting to hear Locomotive (although they haven't played it since 2019, if I'm not mistaken), you'll be disappointed. If you expect a new song (although they haven't rehearsed any), you'll be disappointed. If you expect Axl to sound like 2016 (not even talking about 2010, 2006 and of course the 80s/90s), you'll be disappointed. If you expect the band to not make any mistakes, you'll be disappointed. And so on.

If you just expect a good show from the band as is in 2022, you may have a good time.

It, opinions are subjetive.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

That's sad af... Slash was motivated in RIR but maybe gave up after Axl's performance drowned everything. 

Btw, at what hour did you arrive to the stadium to be so close to the stage?

I really don't think he was motivated, I thought he was professional, but in SP it was just lousy.

16 hours ago, Leandro Jose said:

Yes, there were some mistakes. But I didn't go there to watch Dream Theater. The rest of your analysis is pure nonsense. How do you know if the guy is happy on stage or not? Your analysis of Slash and Duff is completely personal and without any basis. In the end it's a job for everyone there. You can't be special in every show. It was 3 hours of a good show. Better than RIR 2011 and 2022. The regular fan goes there to listen to NR. I would love for them to play Breakdown but it won't happen. And ok. That's how it is with 99% of the big bands.People went nuts during Coma. 

You're so on point here even being passive-agressive with no reason at all. THIS IS MY F' PERSONAL OPINION and you added nothing new.

But it's completely idiotic just to defend anything the band does just for the sake of it. But I guess if one of them pissed inside your mouth you'd take it without any complaints. IMPO I wouldn't take that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This is such a bummer, I feel bad for you. I'm sure you're like many of the rest of us where you're more or less rooting for GN'R to do great when you see them. 

It's such a bummer when you go see a band and you can just tell they don't care. I'm glad there were a few bright spots for you though. 

That's it! There were great moments! It was GNR for God's sake! I was meters away from Slash, you could feel the energy, but...

It was worth it, but 2010 was "emotional", 2011 was "méeeeeeh", 2013 was "great and fun",  2016 was "superb", 2017 was "angry", 2022 was a "fade away" sensation.

• GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So far we've had reviews from two members who attended the show. @THEronthalthought it was great and that Fortus was very energetic, whereas @Legendadorthought the opposite and felt that Fortus was bored. I guess it's a matter of perception and different expectations :)

It is, and also I don't know where @THEronthalwas standing, I was three to four meters away from the stage. Also I don't know how many concerts, from the tour, THEronthal attended, maybe I just grew tired, but I experienced something I've never had: the audience (the Brazilian audience) going numb between some songs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Musicians are human beings too bro. You try playing three hour shows every night year after year and never getting tired. Everyone has off days or nights at work. You know that GN'R are only obligated to play 90 minutes each show but regularly play three hours. Plus they did Coma.

WHAT??? I don't agree with you, bro!

Starting with COMA: its not a plus, they have played it in almost every show, a must would be swap it with Locomotive / Breakdown / Get In The Ring / Don't Damm Me / Dead Horse.

If they feel tired they should shorten the setlist. I saw 5 concerts of the tour, plus two rock in rios on TV (2016 and 2022), it was nothing compared to the SP gig, the band was off.

6 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ah, and the award for the most dramatic post goes to....

Of course, because I heard people in Austria are as cold as ice, at least most of them, right Arnold? Here in Brazil we like warmth, we are very passionate people, actually we like people, we don't bully them.

When I grow up I want to be as macho as you! Or not.

FYI: reading your past posts you just come across as a bully. Now I feel so sad, hope 77 is not the year you're born, and you're a 45 year old man playing macho behind a computer screen. So, so, sad.

6 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

i guess it's because fortus has a certain look on stage and you could interpret it as him being bored. i'd just say he's trying to look ultra cool. but i wouldn't say he's bored

Maybe, but I saw him more psyched in past concerts. The band was off and that's ok, but it seemed off.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Of course, because I heard people in Austria are as cold as ice, at least most of them, right Arnold? Here in Brazil we like warmth, we are very passionate people, actually we like people, we don't bully them.

When I grow up I want to be as macho as you! Or not.

FYI: reading your past posts you just come across as a bully. Now I feel so sad, hope 77 is not the year you're born, and you're a 45 year old man playing macho behind a computer screen. So, so, sad.

Ooh, the irony. ;) As once again, one feels deathly offended by what, actually?? That I think that these highly dramatic posts, which we get after almost every gig, since years, proclaiming that this and that and the other wasn't into it, crap and lost all abilities and that he witnessed the imminent end of GNR or that the show they've just attended was so much better than the one they attended the year before and that now all involved finally are enjoying the shows they are playing, are highly comical? And yet, at each and every one of those gigs, despite the naysayers, we have 30.000 to 50.000 cheering people, with some claiming the band was on fire and that it was the best night ever.

And no, they did not play Coma at almost every show. Out of the 25 shows this year, they only played it 16 times. I managed to see 2 of the shows this year where they didn't play it. And also last year, they only played it 5 times out of the 25 shows they played.

Edited by PatrickS77

On 9/25/2022 at 5:13 PM, PatrickS77 said:

There are thousands of concerts without a ridiculous corridor in the middle. Without any issues.

Did the bands who played at those shows have an early gig in there career where several people were trampled to death? 

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Did the bands who played at those shows have an early gig in there career where several people were trampled to death? 

How many hundred shows did GNR do since that incident 35 years ago?? Nowhere did they have this strange thing in the middle of the crowd. This is a local thing and has nothing to do with GNR. And that incident has nothing to do with GNR either.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Lame, just like that other creepy stalker of mine...

Nobody is stalking you. But everyone is remembering how you've made a fool of yourself by pretending to have a "source". You can admit that you were just full of it and people will let it go. Otherwise this will go on as long as you're here

8 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Nobody is stalking you. But everyone is remembering how you've made a fool of yourself by pretending to have a "source". You can admit that you were just full of it and people will let it go. Otherwise this will go on as long as you're here

Or I can double down!

23 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

How many hundred shows did GNR do since that incident 35 years ago?? Nowhere did they have this strange thing in the middle of the crowd. This is a local thing and has nothing to do with GNR. And that incident has nothing to do with GNR either.

Oh I see, well if your right and it's a local thing for Brazil it shouldn't really bother you then should it.:).

GN'R took sensible steps to try and help in that incident years ago but your right of course I should ignore all the people I have known throughout the years who were actually there and just agree with you.