09/24/22 - Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

alfierose

44 minutes ago, Mickey said:

It is an "ego-ramp". A lot of musicians use them...

No. It's not. Look at the pic again. It's an empty space, where some securities are located, which makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

That’s not an ego ramp it’s a gap on the audience..probably a security decision.

An absolutly idiotic one that serves no purpose, other than create more crappy spots.

47 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

47 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. It's not. Look at the pic again. It's an empty space, where some securities are located, which makes no sense at all.

An absolutly idiotic one that serves no purpose, other than create more crappy spots.

It is a safe space in the event of an emergency or if the crowd  push forwards. In the past this space was created between the stage and barriers but this design allows people to be moved laterally or taken from the side inside of being removed at the front as thats often the pressure point. 

Edited by kiwiguns
Mistake
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

It is a safe space in the event of an emergency or if the crowd  push forwards. In the past this space was created between the stage and barriers but this design allows people to be moved laterally or taken from the side inside of being removed at the front as thats often the pressure point. 

That's idiotic. It just creates more space where you can get pushed against. And this halfmeasure of only a couple of metres makes no sense at all. It would make more sense if it would go all the way through. But really, it's not needed at all. There are thousands of concerts without a ridiculous corridor in the middle. Without any issues.

• Like 1

Bear with me on this one, guys!

I was at last night's concert and what I saw was mind boggling.

Let me start with Axl's voice, it sounded right (better that RIR) for the  most part, but as I was maybe two to three meters away from the stage, when he spoke to the crowd it seemed so filtered (like the Locomotive voice).

To me this was THE WORST GNR CONCERT I EVER SAW and let me explain why:

I think this is my seventh GNR concert, and I've never seen a major lack of effort from Slash and Duff in my life.

It seemed like they were too tired, wanting to get it over with soon. They were on time, the show lasted for three whole hours.

BUT:

• Slash was off in most of the songs and I mean most of the times even in the wrong keys.
  • Rocket queen was louzy as fuck
  • The band screw up attitude
  • You can her Ferrer makinh huge tempo mistakes and Duff comming to the riser (not once or twice, but 4, 5, 6 times)
  • Richard not having fun at all, barely moving.
  • Axl screwing up Hard Skool at the last part singing it completely out of tempo.
  • The band teased the SP crowd, hours before the set with a picture of the setlist and the saying "What do You Wanna Ad?" (or somethinh like that) and nothing was added.
  • Why not mix a bit among Attitude, I Wanna Be Your Dog and New Rose?
  • Why not mix a bit among Coma and Locomotive?
  • Why not drop does fillers Blues Jams and just play something else instumentally like they did with Train Kept a Rolling in the 90s.

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

1. Playing COMA instead of LOCOMOTIVE
  2. The same setlist for barely 6 years
  3. The band being off and with a lot of mistake, nothing compared to 2016 our 2917.

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

• 1. One to two/three songs - Chi Dem reworked versions (Within the next years)
  • 2. This last run and no tour for I think forever
  • 3. Maybe a new new song with the five Alummini
  • 4 Chi Dems box set with the remixed album and maybe some of Slah's and Duff's inputs in it

AND THAT'S IT

They came, the won, they conquererd, they did that same triangle until its complete depletion and know they play to sand, zombies, die hard and cute little bimbos saying "Oh I Love November Rain, is that the video with the marriage? I would love to get married to Dirk someday!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, Legendador said:

Let me start with Axl's voice, it sounded right (better that RIR) for the  most part, but as I was maybe two to three meters away from the stage, when he spoke to the crowd it seemed so filtered (like the Locomotive voice).

I think this is my seventh GNR concert, and I've never seen a major lack of effort from Slash and Duff in my life.

It seemed like they were too tired, wanting to get it over with soon. They were on time, the show lasted for three whole hours.

BUT:

• Slash was off in most of the songs and I mean most of the times even in the wrong keys.
  • You can her Ferrer makinh huge tempo mistakes and Duff comming to the riser (not once or twice, but 4, 5, 6 times)
  • Axl screwing up Hard Skool at the last part singing it completely out of tempo.
  • The band teased the SP crowd, hours before the set with a picture of the setlist and the saying "What do You Wanna Ad?" (or somethinh like that) and nothing was added.
  • Why not drop does fillers Blues Jams and just play something else instumentally like they did with Train Kept a Rolling in the 90s.

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

3. The band being off and with a lot of mistake, nothing compared to 2016 our 2917.

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

• 4 Chi Dems box set with the remixed album and maybe some of Slah's and Duff's inputs in it

AND THAT'S IT

They came, the won, they conquererd, they did that same triangle until its complete depletion and know they play to sand, zombies, die hard and cute little bimbos saying "Oh I Love November Rain, is that the video with the marriage? I would love to get married to Dirk someday!"

I noticed too in Milan last july that fortus was looking tired.

Duff was professional but It seeemed he was not having fun.. Just "working"..

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

BUT:

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

AND THAT'S IT

That's sad af... Slash was motivated in RIR but maybe gave up after Axl's performance drowned everything. 

Btw, at what hour did you arrive to the stadium to be so close to the stage?

4 hours ago, Legendador said:

BUT:

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

AND THAT'S IT

Yes, there were some mistakes. But I didn't go there to watch Dream Theater. The rest of your analysis is pure nonsense. How do you know if the guy is happy on stage or not? Your analysis of Slash and Duff is completely personal and without any basis. In the end it's a job for everyone there. You can't be special in every show. It was 3 hours of a good show. Better than RIR 2011 and 2022. The regular fan goes there to listen to NR. I would love for them to play Breakdown but it won't happen. And ok. That's how it is with 99% of the big bands.People went nuts during Coma. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Legendador said:

BUT:

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

AND THAT'S IT

This is such a bummer, I feel bad for you. I'm sure you're like many of the rest of us where you're more or less rooting for GN'R to do great when you see them. 

It's such a bummer when you go see a band and you can just tell they don't care. I'm glad there were a few bright spots for you though. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

So far we've had reviews from two members who attended the show. @THEronthalthought it was great and that Fortus was very energetic, whereas @Legendadorthought the opposite and felt that Fortus was bored. I guess it's a matter of perception and different expectations :)

No.

One guy was deaf and blind and the other guy wasn’t. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Legendador said:

BUT:

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

AND THAT'S IT

Musicians are human beings too bro. You try playing three hour shows every night year after year and never getting tired. Everyone has off days or nights at work. You know that GN'R are only obligated to play 90 minutes each show but regularly play three hours. Plus they did Coma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This is such a bummer, I feel bad for you. I'm sure you're like many of the rest of us where you're more or less rooting for GN'R to do great when you see them. 

It's such a bummer when you go see a band and you can just tell they don't care. I'm glad there were a few bright spots for you though. 

Both nights in London I found to be the exact same. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So far we've had reviews from two members who attended the show. @THEronthalthought it was great and that Fortus was very energetic, whereas @Legendadorthought the opposite and felt that Fortus was bored. I guess it's a matter of perception and different expectations :)

I was there, and I felt the band was great. Didn’t see anything wrong with how happy or sad any of the members were, but I did noticed the mistakes. Still, it happens all the time, so I got over it. 

One thing I strongly disagree with Legendador was the setlist. Of course it wasn’t totally different from 2016, but it had Shadow, Reckless, Absurd, Hard Skool and Sorry, and that’s a lot in GNR terms. It was my first time hearing those tracks live and I loved it. 

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

I read that the Stadium sound was bad.

This is true. I tried several different spots on the floor, but the reverb was all over the place. The first three songs were a struggle to grasp what it was going on.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Legendador said:

BUT:

GREAT POINTS

• Reckless Life
  • Shadow of Your Love
  • Sorry

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT

WHAT COULD BE NEXT IMO

AND THAT'S IT

Ah, and the award for the most dramatic post goes to....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

i guess it's because fortus has a certain look on stage and you could interpret it as him being bored. i'd just say he's trying to look ultra cool. but i wouldn't say he's bored

• Like 1