12/10/22 - Auckland, NZ - Eden Park

alfierose

7 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Dizzy always plays piano on it too. I'm guessing Melissa probably recreates the synthetic string parts etc...

Dizzy now plays the string parts, we can see him playing strings on the London 2012 show. Melissa probably plays the other instruments like flute, ambient sounds, sub bass.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Thanks guys, it was a blast. Gotta go to bed now. You can cut the tention in my hospital ward with a knife, some old just trying to beat up this other old dude, and some patients has covid down the hall, good times. Tonight was special for me and a very welcomed distraction. Big thanks to @cineater@BucketEggfor all the links and, until next time. 

I wish you have soon recovery ☺

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:01 AM, BucketEgg said:

I just realised this, :facepalm: but I've never noticed when the piano comes on for November Rain. Is it always on stage, or does it come onstage at a certain time?

If Dizzy is a keyboardist, Melissa is a keyboardist, and Axl plays the piano during November rain,  does this mean the band has 3 keyboardists sometimes?

It used to be on a hydraulic lift under the stage for NITL. For the most recent tour it is off to the side and they roll it over before NR.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:38 AM, twistoflemon21 said:

I didn't expect this show to take place. During both the opening acts, the rain came down something fierce. Probably why the stadium looked pretty empty when they took to the stage at 7pm. Luckily it died down just before then.

This was a really really fun show. I didn't expect to say this but after seeing them in 2007, three times in 2014 then again in 2017, this was easily the best one so far. We all know the band are going to be great but whether or not Axl's vocals will hold up is the true test. He gave it his all and absolutely nailed it that night. There were hints of Mickey from the middle onwards as expected. For whatever reason, his stronger vocals don't really translate well when recorded though. Watching a few videos back, you'd think he sang like Mickey the whole night when really he didn't. All I could think while watching them was 'he didn't sound like that during that song... or that one'. I spoke to one guy that had been to a few of the Australia shows and he said the same thing. Don't judge him based on Instagram videos because they don't do his vocals justice and he sounds a lot different in person.

The crowd were in fine form too. Wichita Lineman got a pretty good reaction, as did Whole Lotta Rosie.

If like myself, you've had doubts about his vocals based on videos online, go see them and you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

And Slash noodling is just on instagram and youtube. When you are there it's just perfect 🤣 It's just Axl that have a voice that no recording equipment can handle 🤦‍♂️

Edited by --DEA--