Jump to content

GN'R Survivor: Singles and Unreleased (1999-2021) ROUND 1


Singles and Unreleased (1999-2021)  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.


Round 1 - ???
Round 2 - ???
Round 3 - ???
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???

 

This I Love is the only remix that had new vocals, so it's the only remix that's included. (Blood In The Water had new vocals but it's not included because it was just 'Blood in the water' repeated for 30 seconds.)

SCOM '99 was just a partial recording and KOHD 2001 didn't seem meant for release, so they were left out. Ten Percenter was a much rougher demo than the others, and obviously Quicksong and Nothing weren't as finished as the other demos. At some point there could be a 'rarities' survivor which could include those, if people want to do it.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to GN'R Survivor: Singles and Unreleased (1999-2021) ROUND 1
17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The released Hard Skool sounds ass compared to the original, so I voted that

The more I listen to both versions, the more I think the Village mix is vastly superior. Even the RM1 Silkworms sounds better than Absurd, even from purely a mixing standpoint. 

I really hope they put some care into future releases. I'd rather have 2008 style overproduction than super loud guitar tracks, quiet drums, and old Axl vocals with little to no collective cohesion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who has never heard any of the Village leaks, I had to choose between OMG, Absurd and Hard skool, so I obviously went with Absurd.

I still haven't recovered from the moment I clicked on the link to the first GNR single in so many years and it turned out to be such an absurd song. 

I was sitting in a hotel room in Hamburg, Germany and I vividly remember being in a state of shock with my girlfriend peeking out of the bathroom and going "What is this? Any why are you looking like this? What is happening?" 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've waited for this poll for what feels like half a year since all this madness started - just to say fuck you Silk Worms Absurd and fuck you to all the hypocrites.

Have a lovely day! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Least favourite and there's people not voting eye on you??? Well ok🤣 eye on you is right beside my world and  Absurd as the worst gnr songs. Not even a question!

Edited by Tom2112
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Least favourite and there's people not voting eye on you??? Well ok🤣 eye on you is right beside my world and  Absurd as the worst gnr songs. Not even a question!

 

They both have terrible choruses and repetitive verses, but at least the chorus in Eye On You is funny and the vocals are better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.


Round 1 - ???
Round 2 - ???
Round 3 - ???
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???

 

This I Love is the only remix that had new vocals, so it's the only remix that's included. (Blood In The Water had new vocals but it's not included because it was just 'Blood in the water' repeated for 30 seconds.)

SCOM '99 was just a partial recording and KOHD 2001 didn't seem meant for release, so they were left out. Ten Percenter was a much rougher demo than the others, and obviously Quicksong and Nothing weren't as finished as the other demos. At some point there could be a 'rarities' survivor which could include those, if people want to do it.

What’s Ten Percenter?

Also fwiw I voted for Eye On You.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

They both have terrible choruses and repetitive verses, but at least the chorus in Eye On You is funny and the vocals are better.

As a comedic number, eye on you is probably in the running for a comedy grammy

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

When did we start calling it Ten Percenter and why?

 

A few months ago someone asked Tommy about the song and he said that was the title. I can't remember who originally posted the info, though.

edit: It was Rick who asked about it.

 

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...