European Tour 2022 thoughts

On 7/16/2022 at 5:04 PM, Tomek1985 said:

Warsaw. It was great. Long set, a looot more energy, The best show i have ever seen in person in my 37 yrs old life.

I was there too. Band was better than 2018 in Germany. But the sound in the venue was terrible. Echo way too much. Maybe because they had to close the roof. Setlist was crazy. Too bad the sound was so terrible. 

They could change the show a bit more. Pyros would be nice and the screens animations are a bit lame after so many years. 

Edited by Axeli

On 7/21/2022 at 5:16 AM, MaskingApathy said:

The main thing that irritated me was the fact that Dizzy Frank and Melissa looked super bored the whole show (Melissa so much that she's got a barstool to sit on for half the show). I guess Dizzy gets a bit of a pass since he's been there for so long but there's plenty of videos where he's sitting at the piano not even looking at the crowd just lazily tapping the tambourine. For Melissa I get that she didn't come into it as a fan of the band or familiar with the music but now she's gotten to the "it's just a gig" level where it's clear that she's just on autopilot. Up until now I liked her youthful energy but now it's like she would rather be somewhere else. And with Frank I think if he's bored then he should leave and open it up to someone who will actually appreciate the gig and do the material justice, like someone who is actually a fan of the music. That approach is fine for something like Journey but this is different, this is GnR we're talking about. It needs a bit more energy and passion, esp when the singer is finally putting in some effort.

You think they were bored? How does one see that? Then again, I couldn't even tell what they were like, as I didn't even notice them. I'm not at a GNR show to watch the help. :shrugs:

Edited by PatrickS77

8 hours ago, Axeli said:

I was there too. Band was better than 2018 in Germany. But the sound in the venue was terrible. Echo way too much. Maybe because they had to close the roof. Setlist was crazy. Too bad the sound was so terrible. 

They could change the show a bit more. Pyros would be nice and the screens animations are a bit lame after so many years. 

I know what you mean about the lack of pyros. 

The on screen sparkle shower gif during NR (instead of a real sparkle shower like they used to have).

And no flames during LALD. Even Paul McCartney still sets off big flamethrowers when he plays that song, and he is old enough (just about) to be Axl and Slash's dad!

It's a pity that since Slash and Duff returned Dizzy doesn't get a solo spot anymore. I'd love to see him either get to do a piano solo or play something from his brilliant solo album. I know he's not an original band member but he's been there longer than anyone except Axl. He deserves more of a chance to shine. 

Surely in a three hour show that's possible.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

It's a pity that since Slash and Duff returned Dizzy doesn't get a solo spot anymore. I'd love to see him either get to do a piano solo or play something from his brilliant solo album. I know he's not an original band member but he's been there longer than anyone except Axl. He deserves more of a chance to shine. 

Surely in a three hour show that's possible.

He gets his 5 seconds in Estranged, is even mentioned by name. That is more than enough.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1