My Top 5 Concerts of All Time

That's actually a really cool topic, GNR or not.

Michael Jackson would be in my top 5 too. Saw him on the Dangerous tour in 1992, front of stage, just two people in front of me and about 50.000 behind me lol. Unreal energy, best overall live performer I ever saw in person.

Best GNR show....they were all good and all different, but Nijmegen 2006 holds a special place in my heart as the atmosphere in that park was just magic and I got to see Izzy perform in person at least once in my life, plus one of my fav bands (Alice In Chains) was opening for them that night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A Top 5 is very hard to pick Russ, yours is pretty cool. Can you give us a list of your worthy mentions or near misses! Preferably a top 20 :lol:

Mine Today are (could be different tomorrow) 

Guns N Roses - UYI Tour 92

Alice In Chains - Dirt Tour 93

Nirvana - Nevermind Tour 92

Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge Tour 95

The Jesus Lizard - Shot Tour 96

Black Sabbath - European Tour 99 (club show Astoria London)

The Ramones - Adios Amigos 96

The Sex Pistols - Filthy Lucre Tour 96

Oasis - Definitely Maybe/Morning Glory tours 95-96. (I saw them 4 times  over both tours)

Shane MacGowan - Solo in an actual shed in the middle of rural Ireland on the summer solstice back in the 90s 

There’s five great gigs I’m leaving out for every one I put in. 

• Thanks 1

I'd been to multiple GNR shows since 2006 but since I'm so pissed at the current state of this clownfest nostalgia act (& people who pay to see that sh*t and hallucinating that everything's ok with the band), I'm not mentioning them here.

So my top five are as following:

Metallica (Slane Castle, Ireland 2019)

Mayhem (Brutal Assault Festival, Czech 2017)

Arch Enemy (Tokyo 2008)

Rammstein (Berlin 2019)

David Gilmour (Royal Albert Hall, London 2006)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I'd been to multiple GNR shows since 2006 but since I'm so pissed at the current state of this clownfest nostalgia act (& people who pay to see that sh*t and hallucinating that everything's ok with the band), I'm not mentioning them here.

So my top five are as following:

Metallica (Slane Castle, Ireland 2019)

Mayhem (Brutal Assault Festival, Czech 2017)

Arch Enemy (Tokyo 2008)

Rammstein (Berlin 2019)

David Gilmour (Royal Albert Hall, London 2006)

Mayhem were a big one for me to catch. I’d had Deathcrush before Myseteriis came out. Saw them in 2007 finally, but Dead was the best of the singers for me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Nijmegen 2006 holds a special place in my heart as the atmosphere in that park was just magic

It really, *really* was. At that time seeing Axl live was like seeing a freakin unicorn. There was something mythical about it. He had this magical aura/presence. And at the same time it felt like messing with a powder keg that could go off at any second, a real sense that anything could happen at any time. Great experience! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, adamsapple said:

That's actually a really cool topic, GNR or not.

Michael Jackson would be in my top 5 too. Saw him on the Dangerous tour in 1992, front of stage, just two people in front of me and about 50.000 behind me lol. Unreal energy, best overall live performer I ever saw in person.

Best GNR show....they were all good and all different, but Nijmegen 2006 holds a special place in my heart as the atmosphere in that park was just magic and I got to see Izzy perform in person at least once in my life, plus one of my fav bands (Alice In Chains) was opening for them that night.

I know I said this in the video, but I always wanted to see MJ at least once more. I'm really glad I got to see the tour I saw though. 

16 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

A Top 5 is very hard to pick Russ, yours is pretty cool. Can you give us a list of your worthy mentions or near misses! Preferably a top 20 :lol:

Mine Today are (could be different tomorrow) 

Guns N Roses - UYI Tour 92

Alice In Chains - Dirt Tour 93

Nirvana - Nevermind Tour 92

Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge Tour 95

The Jesus Lizard - Shot Tour 96

Black Sabbath - European Tour 99 (club show Astoria London)

The Ramones - Adios Amigos 96

The Sex Pistols - Filthy Lucre Tour 96

Oasis - Definitely Maybe/Morning Glory tours 95-96. (I saw them 4 times  over both tours)

Shane MacGowan - Solo in an actual shed in the middle of rural Ireland on the summer solstice back in the 90s 

There’s five great gigs I’m leaving out for every one I put in. 

Thanks for watching and oh jeez, I'll do my best to throw some other amazing shows I've seen out there. These are just some off the top of my head:

U2 - Pontiac Silverdome, 1992 

Prince - the other 3 times I saw him

Black Crowes - all 20+ times I saw them

GN'R - Hammerstein 2006, first show

Tesla - private acoustic show, Detroit, 2002

Depeche Mode - 1994, Songs of Faith and Devotion tour 

The Lone Bellow - coming up on 20 shows now, but the first was absolutel magic 

Ozzy - 1991

Nirvana - In Utero tour 

Simon & Garfunkel - 1998, I think? 

Page / Plant - both tours

Garth Brooks - Detroit several times, Las Vegas intimate show

Jack White - Fox Theater & Masonic Temple shows, same week

.....the list goes on. I know there's not a lot of details on each of them here, but I did a lot of prep for the ones in the video and these are just off the top of my head. 

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1

Those Vegas 2016 shows weren't the best I've seen from GNR, but the energy in that arena was unmatched, especially the first night. Also, Alice In Chains was a great opener.

Off the top of my head, my top 5 would be:

GNR, Calgary 2010
Foxy Shazam, Bumbershoot 2012
Buckethead w/ Brain & Brewer, Seattle 2017
Aerosmith & Motley Crue, Vancouver 2006
Slipknot & Deftones, Victoria 2009

Honorable mentions to GNR & Loaded in Seattle 2011, Sebastian Bach in Victoria 2016, and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats in Vancouver 2018.

• Like 1