Taylor Hawking Tribute Concert: Will there be any GN’R members?

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

You don't know he 'refused'. None of us know a single thing about what's going on. Until one of us becomes a fly on the wall or Axl's best friend, we're just assuming and guessing. Personally, I see no need to get frustrated over something I'm never going to know or be involved with.

Some things happened, some things didn't.

Yeah. Whatever. He's Axl Rose. He knew Taylor. There is no reason to believe he wasn't asked/didn't know about it.

Mostly only people very very close to Taylor appeared or played, that's why Stewart Copeland was there, but not Sting and Andy Summers.
Not that hard to understand, i guess some users really likes the attention, for all the wrong reasons, of course.

Edited by Rickodez

11 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I'm so terribly sorry for not being a native english speaker.

Also, what you're doing is slander. You either read my first post completely wrong or you just turned the words around so that they fit the response you wanted to give and now you're calling me an idiot for it.

I was not in a single sentence stating that they should have flown in from Brazil. In fact I stated the opposite by acknowledging that they aren't anywhere near London at the moment. You made it look like I was expecting them to do just that and then being disappointed that they didn't. That's completely wrong. I know how a tour schedule works. I know the distance between Brazil amd London.

Also, the acts for the show have been known for quite some time. I would have expected them to be on there back then (not being fully aware of the SA tour) because of their friendly relationship with the Foo Fighters. I did not expect them to do a surprise appearance. Never did.

You're just completely out of line, calling me an idiot and a twat. Going from 0 to 100 about a post that you simply did not (want to) understand.

Idiot read what you wrote

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rickodez said:

Mostly only people very very close to Taylor appeared or played, that's why Stewart Copeland was there, but not Sting and Andy Summers.
Not that hard to understand, i guess some users really likes the attention, for all the wrong reasons, of course.

What a ridiculous comparison. That band is not currently on tour together. The other 2 guys weren't in the other room, like Axl might have been. In fact, that band was dissolved 14 years ago. So why would anyone expect the other 2 guys from a dissolved band be there because Copeland is there? Is it even known, unlike with Axl, whether the other 2 guys knew Hawkins?

And your last sentence is just as retarded.

Edited by PatrickS77

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

whether the other 2 guys knew Hawkins?

Of course they knew each other, just google Taylor and Sting to see the pictures. Taylor was a big The Police fan, even played in a The Police cover band.

11 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

You don't know he 'refused'. None of us know a single thing about what's going on. Until one of us becomes a fly on the wall or Axl's best friend, we're just assuming and guessing. Personally, I see no need to get frustrated over something I'm never going to know or be involved with.

Some things happened, some things didn't.

This. There can be many reasons why Axl wasn't in that video, it's hilarious people here immediately make up their mind about something they know nothing about.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This. There can be many reasons why Axl wasn't in that video, it's hilarious people here immediately make up their mind about something they know nothing about.

Yeah. Probably the same reason why that band can't debut new songs at the beginning of a tour. Because someone don't give a shit and can't be bothered. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Not that hard to figure out.

First you're speculating that Axl was in the same room as when that video was made, then you're questioning whether Taylor knew Sting and Andy, and a 3 second google search would have given you that answer already. And now you have to pull a straw man because you know you're full of it.

Next idea: Let’s expect Axl to do a live cover of, I don’t know, a Michael Jackson song at RiR and then automatically jump in the "aggravated disbelief" mode when he doesn’t do it. I mean, it makes sense, right? 

God, I miss the bickering about the sound of various leaked versions and stuff.
We need proper news. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Probably the same reason why that band can't debut new songs at the beginning of a tour. Because someone don't give a shit and can't be bothered. ;)

As I have said previously on this forum in other threads. You need to leave the issues you have with the band at the door to this thread. The topic is clear in the thread title. 

Anything other then a discussion on the specific topic at hand, would be disrespectful to the memory of Taylor Hawkins i would have thought. 

There is a time and place for everything in life. This isn't the right time or place... 

Edited by kiwiguns

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

First you're speculating that Axl was in the same room as when that video was made, then you're questioning whether Taylor knew Sting and Andy, and a 3 second google search would have given you that answer already. And now you have to pull a straw man because you know you're full of it.

I'm not pulling anything. You're too dumb to get what I mean or you're playing dumb. Not sure what it is. And you did the Google search for me, so thanks.

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Next idea: Let’s expect Axl to do a live cover of, I don’t know, a Michael Jackson song at RiR and then automatically jump in the "aggravated disbelief" mode when he doesn’t do it. I mean, it makes sense, right?

Another ridiculous comparison. Well done.

6 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

As I have said previously on this forum in other threads. You need to leave the issues you have with the band at the door to this thread. The topic is clear in the thread title. 

Anything other then a discussion on the specific topic at hand, would be disrespectful to the memory of Tyler Hawkins i would have thought.

Whatever. It's a GNR forum, part of GNR was part of that tribute, this is filed under GNR - Discussion and news, so that's what is talked about. Also I don't have an issue with the band or anyone. I'm commenting on what I saw (or didn't saw in that case). You seem to have an issue that people comment on it in a way you don't like. But that is your problem.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

I'm not pulling anything. You're too dumb to get what I mean or you're playing dumb. Not sure what it is. And you did the Google search for me, so thanks.

You had to throw in the speculations about why Axl doesn't release new music and link that to why he wasn't in a video honouring Taylor Hawkins. And now I am the dumb one?

Look, this is nothing personal, but you're a guy from Austria sitting in front of his computer posting at a GnR forum every day making assumptions you know nothing about. When it comes down to insiders stuff, you know as little as 99% of the people on here (me included). Maybe act a little bit more like it? Everyone is allowed to speculate, that's what most folks do on here until the cows come home, but don't act like your assumptions are facts when you clearly have no way of knowing. A little bit of modesty would do you good.

I don't know either, but I can't imagine Axl being asked to be in that video and simply going ''nah, fuck that, I can't be bothered to say a few words on camera for thirty seconds''. There can be many reasons why he wasn't in that video but you immediately assume the worst. Congrats.

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You had to throw in the speculations about why Axl doesn't release new music and link that to why he wasn't in a video honouring Taylor Hawkins. And now I am the dumb one?

Look, this is nothing personal, but you're a guy from Austria sitting in front of his computer posting at a GnR forum every day making assumptions you know nothing about. When it comes down to insiders stuff, you know as little as 99% of the people on here (me included). Maybe act a little bit more like it? Everyone is allowed to speculate, that's what most folks do on here until the cows come home, but don't act like your assumptions are facts when you clearly have no way of knowing. A little bit of modesty would do you good.

I don't know either, but I can't imagine Axl being asked to be in that video and simply going ''nah, fuck that, I can't be bothered to say a few words on camera for thirty seconds''. There can be many reasons why he wasn't in that video but you immediately assume the worst. Congrats.

A) I wasn't talking about new music and

B) yeah, there can be many reasons, but you always find excuses and overlook the most obvious one, the one why most stuff doesn't happen in GNR world or isn't done right and by all acounts, and I'm by far not the only one thinking that, is that Axl Rose can't be bothered. That's why Duff and Slash show up for rehearsals and other stuff expected of them and he doesn't.  And I can't imagine that they asked Slash and Duff, but said "Don't ask that Axl guy to contribute.", if they even have asked them at all and Slash and Duff didn't just offer it by themselves, as would be the decent thing to do, considering they knew the guy.  And Axl's absence wouldn't be that glaring, if they wouldn't just happen to be touring together as it happens.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

A) I wasn't talking about new music and

B) yeah, there can be many reasons, but you always find excuses and overlook the most obvious one, the one why most stuff doesn't happen in GNR world or isn't done right and by all acounts, and I'm by far not the only one thinking that, is that Axl Rose can't be bothered. That's why Duff and Slash show up for rehearsals and other stuff expected of them and he doesn't.  And I can't imagine that they asked Slash and Duff, but said "Don't ask that Axl guy to contribute.", if they even have asked them at all and Slash and Duff didn't just offer it by themselves, as would be the decent thing to do, considering they knew the guy.  And Axl's absence wouldn't be that glaring, if they wouldn't just happen to be touring together as it happens.

Ok, fine, talking about debuting new songs at concerts then, potato-potato.
I'm not saying you're not allowed to have your opinion or your thoughts on why someone doesn't do something, how ignorant it may be to me.
It's about how you present it as if it's a fact. Just read your posts.

As for overlooking the most obvious one. It's so easy to always assume the worst regarding everything Axl does or doesn't do. I just don't think it's that easy. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe all you naysayers have been right about all of it all along. At the end of the day, I know as little as any of you. I just think it's ridiculous people are judging the guy for not being in a video when there are plenty of, in my opinion, more obvious reasons for not being in it. Many people who were great friends with Taylor didn't do a video. Chad Smith, one of his best friends, did a video (and will be at the tribute show in Los Angeles) but what about his bandmates Anthony Kiedis, Flea and John Frusciante who probably knew Taylor way better than Axl. They don't care either like Axl? So yeah, let's agree to disagree. 

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Ok, fine, talking about debuting new songs at concerts then, potato-potato.
I'm not saying you're not allowed to have your opinion or your thoughts on why someone doesn't do something, how ignorant it may be to me.
It's about how you present it as if it's a fact. Just read your posts.

As for overlooking the most obvious one. It's so easy to always assume the worst regarding everything Axl does or doesn't do. I just don't think it's that easy. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe all you naysayers have been right about all of it all along. At the end of the day, I know as little as any of you. I just think it's ridiculous people are judging the guy for not being in a video when there are plenty of, in my opinion, more obvious reasons for not being in it. Many people who were great friends with Taylor didn't do a video. Chad Smith, one of his best friends, did a video (and will be at the tribute show in Los Angeles) but what about his bandmates Anthony Kiedis, Flea and John Frusciante who probably knew Taylor way better than Axl. They don't care either like Axl? So yeah, let's agree to disagree. 

A) after 30+ years of watching this band, there is a pattern emerging. And again, if he cared, he would have contributed. There is nothing that could stop him (and to assume that the FF camp said, that Duff and Slash can say something, but Axl can't is absolutely ridiculous).

B) again, those other guys are not GNR, about whom we are talking about here, they are not on tour together as we speak and do we know if they knew Hawkins... yeah, I could google it, but just like Axl I can't be bothered. ;)

C) let's not act like you don't assume the worst too when it actually does suit you, so respectfully, get off your fucking high horse, just because this involves someone you like.

B) again, those other guys are not GNR, about whom we are talking about here, they are not on tour together as we speak and do we know if they knew Hawkins... yeah, I could google it, but just like Axl I can't be bothered. ;)

I think we have very different opinions about Axl.
I don't see him as a perfect person at all, but I think differently about why he does or doesn't do things compared to what most people on this forum probably think. Or at least the ones who are always very vocal about judging him. But... this is not the right thread for this, and even if it was, I have discussed this way too often on here and it's a waste of time because people won't change their opinion anyway.

(btw, Chili Pepppers are on tour right now too and of course they all knew Taylor, they toured together and all, but whatever)

C) let's not act like you don't assume the worst too when it actually does suit you, so respectfully, get off your fucking high horse, just because this involves someone you like.

Not sure what to say to this. I usually don't assume the worst in people.

Edited by EvanG