Taylor Hawking Tribute Concert: Will there be any GN’R members?

It was a great show.

Was Queen’s segue into the fast version of We Will Rock You supposed to be like that? It sounded like something went wrong.

As for Axl. Someone just lost their job for filming him. For whatever reason he still hates cameras. No interviews, no TV performances, nothing. Well, apart from Selects on YouTube with various shots of him edited out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

It was a great show.

Was Queen’s segue into the fast version of We Will Rock You supposed to be like that? It sounded like something went wrong.

As for Axl. Someone just lost their job for filming him. For whatever reason he still hates cameras. No interviews, no TV performances, nothing. Well, apart from Selects on YouTube with various shots of him edited out.

The girl wasn't fired because of Axl. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

It's like you guys talk about a different Axl from the one I know. Whenever has he really been doing this kind of stuff? He's a social-media recluse, always has been, always will be. A video message? Are you crazy? When was the last time he's done something like that when even way more famous and older musicians died? Get real. This dude doesn't bend backwards according to the public's will, I thought we all knew this. 

Does that even justify it? No.

It's an ugly thing to do. It's the life of a person.

Some Team Brazil and Axl buttlicker has said in the las post that other musicians from other bands didn't appeqr and that was a normal thing.

Do you really think Axl was busy or something? You know he wasn't, he just didn't want to.

By the way, just reminding you that this "recluse" attitude has a lot to do with no promoting shit, not yalking about his work and releasing zero music. Keep licking his butt guys.

Go Axl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, swishtz said:

Totally clueless, seriously give your head a wobble. What about the current tour they are on , you don't just dip out with your entourage, equipment and pop over to London or LA for ten minutes then nip back again. Ps ever heard of the word rehearsals, when would they have been able to do those too ?

Can you fucking read? 

57 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Does that even justify it? No.

It's an ugly thing to do. It's the life of a person.

Some Team Brazil and Axl buttlicker has said in the las post that other musicians from other bands didn't appeqr and that was a normal thing.

Do you really think Axl was busy or something? You know he wasn't, he just didn't want to.

By the way, just reminding you that this "recluse" attitude has a lot to do with no promoting shit, not yalking about his work and releasing zero music. Keep licking his butt guys.

Go Axl.

I can assure you that I basically call them like I see them, definitely not a buttlicker here. But just because you'd think it's something he should do doesn't mean he's automatically an ass if he actually doesn't do it. He's never done these things, and there are famous people dying all the time. Just because you have Twitter doesn't mean you're obligated to engage in this extent. The fact that someone can be surprised - and even aggravated - about this all of a sudden, that's beyond me. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I can assure you that I basically call them like I see them, definitely not a buttlicker here. But just because you'd think it's something he should do doesn't mean he's automatically an ass if he actually doesn't do it. He's never done these things, and there are famous people dying all the time. Just because you have Twitter doesn't mean you're obligated to engage in this extent. The fact that someone can be surprised - and even aggravated - about this all of a sudden, that's beyond me. 

I said, "Does that justify it? No"

Nothing else to add

15 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I said, "Does that justify it? No"

Nothing else to add

But it doesn't need any justification, that's the problem. He might as well condole to every famous person's family every time someone like that dies. Did he make a video about Lemmy? Bowie? There would have been entire films necessary, made by Axl! There's no obligation to do anything of the sort whatsoever. You don't sign any terms and conditions on Twitter stating this is what you must do unless you want to be considered a jerk. Your expectations are your business only, it's that simple. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

But it doesn't need any justification, that's the problem. He might as well condole to every famous person's family every time someone like that dies. Did he make a video about Lemmy? Bowie? There would have been entire films necessary, made by Axl! There's no obligation to do anything of the sort whatsoever. You don't sign any terms and conditions on Twitter stating this is what you must do unless you want to be considered a jerk. Your expectations are your business only, it's that simple. 

Yes, it's that simple. Slash and Duff do this stuff all the time. Axl doesn't.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Big deal, he didn't appear! There's nothing to read into that. Nothing. Flea and Anthony Keidis didn't appear alongside Chad Smith, Vince Neil and Tommy Lee didn't appear alongside Nikki Sixx, and I bet there are several other friends that didn't do videos either. Are we going to call them out too? No, of course not...

Good point!! He wasn’t the only one who didn’t appear. 

would’ve been good to see him, but he’s pretty much been on a media embargo since… 1993??

I honestly believe TB just keep him as sheltered as possible.. why risk derailing his emotional state by opening him up to more ‘botched surgery’ headlines and the kind of internet tabloid silliness that follows high profile appearances. 

or maybe he’s just a bit of an arse and thought ‘yeah I cba’ haha! I’m sure he was in the vicinity as they’re on tour atm. Maybe he’s actively trying to preserve the ‘mystique’ (something that slash and duff gave up years ago)..

Paul McCartney was there, so he couldn't have been worried about ‘upstaging’ anyone with an appearance..  that was Maccas job. Imagine being backstage with all those legends and still being the alpha! 

6 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

I honestly believe TB just keep him as sheltered as possible.. why risk derailing his emotional state by opening him up to more ‘botched surgery’ headlines and the kind of internet tabloid silliness that follows high profile appearances. 

Yeah the cow shouldn't have stress to milk better. Absolutely right. Otherwise farmer and kids have to work in McDonald's.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3

When I saw Duff and Slash in their video message in front of the  drum kit with the gn’r emblem on it, I immediately thought “no Axl, figured as much- all he had to do was stand next to those guys for 2 minutes and he obviously couldn’t be bothered.”   It’s kinda sad actually.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Yes, that's why I said you're an id*ot and many others agree 😂

8 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Can you fucking write coherently? You are just a negative moaning twat. Be a good boy and jog on.

Dude, you're asking me if I can write coherently - but you're replying twice to the same post like you're two different persons.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Dude, you're asking me if I can write coherently - but you're replying twice to the same post like you're two different persons.

How does that make any sense?
By the way the plural of person is people in this context.
As I stated previously, you are in fact an id*ot.
Best you just be quiet.

Edited by swishtz

26 minutes ago, swishtz said:

How does that make any sense?
By the way the plural of person is people in this context.
As I stated previously, you are in fact an id*ot.
Best you just be quiet.

I'm so terribly sorry for not being a native english speaker.

Also, what you're doing is slander. You either read my first post completely wrong or you just turned the words around so that they fit the response you wanted to give and now you're calling me an idiot for it.

I was not in a single sentence stating that they should have flown in from Brazil. In fact I stated the opposite by acknowledging that they aren't anywhere near London at the moment. You made it look like I was expecting them to do just that and then being disappointed that they didn't. That's completely wrong. I know how a tour schedule works. I know the distance between Brazil amd London.

Also, the acts for the show have been known for quite some time. I would have expected them to be on there back then (not being fully aware of the SA tour) because of their friendly relationship with the Foo Fighters. I did not expect them to do a surprise appearance. Never did.

You're just completely out of line, calling me an idiot and a twat. Going from 0 to 100 about a post that you simply did not (want to) understand.

Edited by TheGeneral

10 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

The negative reactions to Axl not being in the video in this thread are so damn stupid. And people wonder why the band and its management are sometimes reluctant to engage with the fanbase – I'm not surprised with the attitudes of some, I'd keep a wide berth too!

Big deal, he didn't appear! There's nothing to read into that. Nothing. Flea and Anthony Keidis didn't appear alongside Chad Smith, Vince Neil and Tommy Lee didn't appear alongside Nikki Sixx, and I bet there are several other friends that didn't do videos either. Are we going to call them out too? No, of course not...

Frickin' ridiculous.

We're a GNR forum. Why would I care what these other people do? Who's to say that these other people didn't get called out elsewhere? It's just odd that the guy who fucking dedicates a tour to someone (and needs to sing and bore us with fucking tribute songs whenever someone dies) and just needed to step into the room (assuming that video was recorded either at rehearsals or actually in South America) with his band mates (which also would have been the first time all 3 of them appeared together on video outside of a concert in, I don't know, 30+ years), refuses to do that. And don't give me the only close people to Taylor. Obviously he knew Taylor and no one would say no to Axl Rose if he wanted to participate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surforia said:

When I saw Duff and Slash in their video message in front of the  drum kit with the gn’r emblem on it, I immediately thought “no Axl, figured as much- all he had to do was stand next to those guys for 2 minutes and he obviously couldn’t be bothered.”   It’s kinda sad actually.

Yep. That's pretty much it. No anger, not even really surprised, just some kind of mild disappointment, as really, it would have been the smallest effort to just take part in it to honour a supposedly good guy, to whom HE dedicated a tour. And that sets it apart from all the other occasions, where he didn't do anything like that. But I guess it's way easier to just send out a tweet.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

refuses to do that

You don't know he 'refused'. None of us know a single thing about what's going on. Until one of us becomes a fly on the wall or Axl's best friend, we're just assuming and guessing. Personally, I see no need to get frustrated over something I'm never going to know or be involved with.

Some things happened, some things didn't.

• Like 1