Slash on Eddie Trunk (Oct. 19) - Full Interview

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's not really going to sound all that different it's SMKC music lol no matter what producer records his guitars, it'll sound close to AL because that's exactly recorded the same way.

every album that SMKC released sounds different to me and I'm into it cause it's the only way I'm going to consistently get new music from Slash and there are always tunes I like in every Conspirators album. I guess time will tell.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

every album that SMKC released sounds different to me and I'm into it cause it's the only way I'm going to consistently get new music from Slash and there are always tunes I like in every Conspirators album. I guess time will tell.

LTD and WOF are complete clones sonically you could interchange tracks on both without noticing, but 4 sounds different yes..because it sounds shit lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

25 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

What stuck out to me is Slash's claim to know EXACTLY what the CD songs mean, because of how tight (obviously) his relationship with Axl has been. That's a bold statement to make imho. 

I'd be interested what his interpretation of SOD is exactly. :lol: @RussTCB

Slash knows most of the CD songs are about him!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lilacmess said:

What stuck out to me is Slash's claim to know EXACTLY what the CD songs mean, because of how tight (obviously) his relationship with Axl has been. That's a bold statement to make imho. 

I'd be interested what his interpretation of SOD is exactly. :lol: @RussTCB

Wasn't Sod about Dylan? 

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Please not Dave Cobb again. He did the new Sammy Hagar & the Circle album and that also doesn't sound that great (mix and the overall songs). Slash should team up with Andrew Watt and get some fresh ideas (just don't let Andrew play any guitar on it).

First gig I ever went to was SMKC and Watt was playing in one of the support bands

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 9:35 AM, Blackstar said:

It's the same interview where he talked about new music (transcript of that part here).

The rest is mostly about his guitar collection book and his guitars, but also about the GN'R tour, playing CD songs and Axl singing Slither, the Capital One commercial and the impact/popularity of Sweet Child O' Mine. He also talked about the next SMKC tour (confirmed that it's going to be in 2024) and about plans to write a new SMKC album during that tour (good news for SMKC fans, I guess).

Sweet thank you. I only saw the Guns stuff.

I actually like SMKC so I'm excited to see there are more plans for them down the road :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1