Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Gotta say, I do love how GN'R is sort of taking ownership of Slither now, in a sense.

Velvet Revolver is over, and in an ideal world would have never existed anyway. I think it's great that Guns fully embraces it to the point where it's not only being played, but being used to promote the current band.

Imagine thinking of that in 2014!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Yes please!

No, please...!

I mean, the original is much, much better than GNR's live cover IMHO. Besides, Slash and Duff already play on the original, and I doubt Frank is going to add anything to it, so it would only serve to answer the question "How would Axl sound singing this song instead of Scott?". And we know the answer to that... which is: "Surprisingly, not too good". And I doubt he's going to change his singing approach or sound much different in the studio on this one.

Just my two cents. If they decide to do studio covers (which is what fans and the general public want from GNR, of course — that's why TSI was such a huge, huge, huge... succeess?), I think there are more interesting or fitting choices out there.

That being said, I do think it's pretty cool that Axl has embraced Slash and Duff's legacy outside GNR to this extent.

Edited by El Nono Pololo
Typo
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I'm sure this isn't the first time we've seen them, but Axl really has custom bottles of Don Julio... wonder if he just gets crates of the stuff before each tour kicks off? :lol:

NYPICHPDPICT000023471857.jpg?resize=1152