Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

22 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

That's why they broke up!!! It wasn't who spilt the beans...it was who was fucking stealin 'em!

Can you link it please? Does anyone save and post these elsewhere, not on IG anymore 😒

Insta stories disappear after 24 hours so I cannot link it. Whatever show that was when I commented is what performance I was talking about. I haven't listened to any other live performances of Perhaps but I'm sure he's singing them all the same - What I heard (the chorus) was fucking awesome

37 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Insta stories disappear after 24 hours so I cannot link it. Whatever show that was when I commented is what performance I was talking about. I haven't listened to any other live performances of Perhaps but I'm sure he's singing them all the same - What I heard (the chorus) was fucking awesome

Yea...it's a mixed bag....a bunch, probably yourself included thought he'd never go near most of that chorus....he is and some of them have had decent hints of rasp! Haven't been able to see the latest live one but actually it's evolved each night...he's still figuring out how to sing certain parts, so it's not been the same at all!! He's definately into it though and trying and that's alway a good sign! 

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea...it's a mixed bag....a bunch, probably yourself included thought he'd never go near most of that chorus....he is and some of them have had decent hints of rasp! Haven't been able to see the latest live one but actually it's evolved each night...he's still figuring out how to sing certain parts, so it's not been the same at all!! He's definately into it though and trying and that's alway a good sign! 

I dont even care about the rasp. I've always been a fan of his high clean ChiDem era voice. It's when he goes real low in the chorus is what I really think is awesome because he sounds great.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Does he say anything noteworthy? Site is trying to get me to subscribe to read.

3 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Does he say anything noteworthy? Site is trying to get me to subscribe to read.

2 hours ago, Dummy said:

“The General,” which he calls the B-side to “Perhaps,” also was long in progress and could join the show soon.

they might play the general soon live.

And something like they wanna get rid of the music they have to concentrate on new music.

Basically the same thing Slash said.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

this:

“We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music," he says.

interesting choice of words. he didn't say "before writing new music"...

Edited by DeNfr
  • Like 1
  • PERHAPS 2

11 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

interesting choice of words. he didn't say "before writing new music"...

Like you said, it could be just the words he chose. I wouldn't read to much into that sentence other than they wanna release new music at some point. But then again, it could be the typical pre reunion Fortus interview.

• Like 2