Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 4:33 PM, Blackstar said:

Looks like Richard Fortus made some new friends :D

This does feel like a goodbye though. Unless they start releasing music now, things will get really quiet.

I do hope they will still release The General, Monsters and Atlas Shrugged.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Seems like another hiatus is here

I hope just take a breath now and keep going some time later. The physically most demanding jobs on stage (vocals and drums) are clearly exhausted and Melissa is so sick she couldn't even go on stage for the last show anymore. They need a break.

8 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

This does feel like a goodbye though. Unless they start releasing music now, things will get really quiet.

Yes. And if it's a goodbye (for now) it means that they won't attempt to write new music any time soon.

• Like 2

I view it as something positive. Slash always told they'll enter the studio when they finish the tour. Everytime the tour seemed to end, they announced new tour dates and the tour never really ended. Of course they were forced to have a break during covid and Slash used the breaks in between tour legs for 4, but now they finally finished the tour. Slash said several times they will enter the studio after the tour's over and now they have some time off, they can fulfill their solo projects but then ... Action speak louder than words. They can proof that there's still something in the tank. 

At the end of the day it depends on Axl, I guess. Duff and Slash would visit a studio immediately. Hopefully Axl is ready. In the meantime they can release the rest of the reworked CD era songs. Release Perhaps and TG in December before you announce an EP for the next winter which includes the already released songs in addition to Monsters and another one.

Either way, I don't say they will go into the studio but they could. And even if they don't do it, they won't retire. It's a goodbye for now, imo, not forever.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Don't think that Richard will be quiet, sure he will get another work.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. And if it's a goodbye (for now) it means that they won't attempt to write new music any time soon.

i think the opposite. if gives them time to actually write a proper album

3 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

What’s been the longest hiatus/break in the past 7 years?

pandemic era

On 11/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, Ratam said:

Don't think that Richard will be quiet, sure he will get another work.

It's not Richard I'm worried about.

If given the chance he would be in the studio tomorrow to record new songs for GNR. Together with Duff and Slash.

Axl disappearing is the scary part. And Axl expected to be working on an album even more so lol. Part of me keeps thinking he'll retire soon. Quit while you're still ahead. His voice giving out is a warning sign.

Baritone Axl could still kick ass, if he wants to. If...

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

well, take it as a tour ending.

they will take care of their respective solo projects for some months, take some time for themselves, and since Axl has no solo project he'll have some time to (continue to) write and record lyrics to some of the new stuff Duff & Slash and the other guys has cooked over these 7 years of touring. 

meanwhile in 2024 they'll release the last CD songs Slash & Duff worked on, and by 2025 we'll have the new album. 

that's my plan. 

Axl ? sign here 👇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1