Your Concerts in 2023

opalho

Saw KISS for the last time in Fort Worth TX last night and it was one hell of a show.

Everytime I see KISS I'm amazed. Great songs and what a stage show.

I have to remember Paul and Gene are both over 70 but from what they do on stage you would never know it.

Just one great night.

Can't believe it's really the end of the road.

They end their tour in December in MSG in NYC which is very fitting for KISS.

Will miss this band a lot.

• Like 2

I saw Sir Paul McCartney recently in Australia. Hearing songs by The Beatles by the person who sung them is something I never thought would happen. I knew the most of the setlist beforehand so I had an idea of what he was going to play. That night he switched things up slightly and opened with Hard Day’s Night, which just happens to be my fave Beatles song. Such an unexpected and surreal moment for me. Singing along with 40,000 others during Hey Jude was an experience in itself as well. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, username said:

Last Friday I saw the criminally underrated guitar magician Bombino from Niger. Amazing gig with great energy. His blend of African and western styles is second to none. I even got a chance to meet him afterwards and get some vinyl signed. 

May be an image of 6 people, guitar, saxophone and lighting

May be an image of 10 people

May be an image of 8 people

image.png.0dfba7c3ab09729fc1577457e4696be2.png

image.png.7e94bcb859683b4d538224a9937f8b79.png

Dude awesome! You still gotta see Mdou Moctar and I have to see Bombino! These Tureg guitar players are amazing 

7 hours ago, Twist Of Lime said:

I saw Sir Paul McCartney recently in Australia. Hearing songs by The Beatles by the person who sung them is something I never thought would happen. I knew the most of the setlist beforehand so I had an idea of what he was going to play. That night he switched things up slightly and opened with Hard Day’s Night, which just happens to be my fave Beatles song. Such an unexpected and surreal moment for me. Singing along with 40,000 others during Hey Jude was an experience in itself as well. 

That is awesome! I'd love to see him, again. It has been a while! Still, I am lucky I saw McCartney once in 2011. It was a great gig. He played around 3- hours and did a lot of my favorite songs- A Day in the Life, parts of The Abbey Road medley, Let it Be, Hey Jude, all the other big songs. He was so good. 

• Like 3

On 10/28/2023 at 8:54 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw KISS for the last time in Fort Worth TX last night and it was one hell of a show.

I have to remember Paul and Gene are both over 70 but from what they do on stage you would never know it.

Just one great night.

I wish I got to see KISS more times. Saw them twice. First time was amazing, one of the best concerts of my life. Second time was back when Paul was really weak vocally and Gene had to sing most of the setlist, so it wasn't that good. Plus the venue sucked. But man, love this band.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2023 at 2:54 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just one great night.

KISS is a guilty pleasure of mine, for sure.

I saw this lineup 3 times. 2009 was amazing. I was a teenager still and it was their last show at Cobo Arena- which, of course, is a very important place for KISS (They recorded the bones of Alive, there). I went with my good buddy, we wore makeup, sat in the back, and just took it all in. In the back of my head, I was of course bummed not to have Ace and Peter, but they really put on a special show. It was a very long set and they went all- out. Cobo also felt like a time capsule to the 70s and 80s which really added to the vibe.

I saw them a year or two later and it was fun, but it just felt like another concert. We did get to go see them up close for the encore, though. Finally, I saw them for the last time in 2014 with Def Leppard. Also fun, but those shows don't compare to that Cobo gig. I was thinking of going to see them a week or two ago for old time's sake at their supposed last Detroit show, but I knew it wouldn't compare to Cobo and the tickets were kind of expensive for half the band. They really should have found a way to make it work with at least Ace up there for the final tour. I'd have gone for sure, then. 

They all seem insufferable, but it would be good to have Ace and Peter for the last hurrah. Tommy and Eric are great sidemen, but they are still just that. I did see Ace play a free show a while ago in a Harley Davidson parking lot. That show gets the award for "Most Spinal Tap- esque gig I have been to". He wasn't very good, but it was still fun :lol:

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Dude awesome! You still gotta see Mdou Moctar and I have to see Bombino! These Tureg guitar players are amazing 

Definitely seeing Mdou Moctar next time he's anywhere near me! I've put him on all my watchlists :D

Bombino was just amazing! Humble, but absolute fire. Fantastic bassplayer and drummer as well. Rhythmically really impressive stuff. I was with my dad who's seen him before and with a friend who wasn't familiar with him at all. He was really impressed too. Great gig! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

KISS is a guilty pleasure of mine, for sure.

I saw this lineup 3 times. 2009 was amazing. I was a teenager still and it was their last show at Cobo Arena- which, of course, is a very important place for KISS (They recorded the bones of Alive, there). I went with my good buddy, we wore makeup, sat in the back, and just took it all in. In the back of my head, I was of course bummed not to have Ace and Peter, but they really put on a special show. It was a very long set and they went all- out. Cobo also felt like a time capsule to the 70s and 80s which really added to the vibe.

I saw them a year or two later and it was fun, but it just felt like another concert. We did get to go see them up close for the encore, though. Finally, I saw them for the last time in 2014 with Def Leppard. Also fun, but those shows don't compare to that Cobo gig. I was thinking of going to see them a week or two ago for old time's sake at their supposed last Detroit show, but I knew it wouldn't compare to Cobo and the tickets were kind of expensive for half the band. They really should have found a way to make it work with at least Ace up there for the final tour. I'd have gone for sure, then. 

They all seem insufferable, but it would be good to have Ace and Peter for the last hurrah. Tommy and Eric are great sidemen, but they are still just that. I did see Ace play a free show a while ago in a Harley Davidson parking lot. That show gets the award for "Most Spinal Tap- esque gig I have been to". He wasn't very good, but it was still fun :lol:

Ace still has problems and Peter is no where near the drummer Eric is. I think this lineup is the best yet for Kiss.

Their show is always amazing and they do give it their all everytime. I've seen them 3 times in the past 2 years. Different show each time.

• Like 1

Had a pretty great year for concerts in 2023 where I finally crossed off some bands I've had on my list for a while: 

April:

Vision Video at a local venue, went on a whim and had a blast, was really impressed with them.  

Enslaved with support in Atlanta

May: 

Coheed & Cambria / Deafheaven in Columbus 

July: 

Creeping Death / Saint Peeler at a local venue - a friend invited me and had an absolute blast, they blew me away.

September: 

Caught the first day of Riot Fest in Chicago, caught a lot of great acts but the Foo Fighters were the biggest draw and was glad to finally get to see them after being a fan for two decades.

Caught the last day of Louder than Life in Louisville the following weekend, mainly making the trip for Queens of the Stone Age and Run The Jewels - great show. Caught the first half of Green Day's headlining set before dipping out to beat traffic and had fun with that too. 

• Like 1

My entire concert budget for the year went to the Boss. Saw him in Philly in March, Wrigley in August, and 2 out of the 3 MetLife Stadium shows in NJ, including what stands for now as his last show until he gets back out on the road next year. Still the undisputed greatest to ever do it. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, username said:

Yay! Teskey Brothers tickets are in! ^_^ August 31 at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. Now let's see how the Springsteen presale will go tomorrow. 

Springsteen on-sales fucking SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED this time around. I didn't even bother trying after getting shut out on the first round of US shows and just waited. Got some tickets from drops closer to the show, and some from other fans on message boards etc. Just can't be bothered with TicketMaster's whole gimmick. Hope you have good luck! The shows this tour are more expensive than before but still worth every penny.

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Springsteen on-sales fucking SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED this time around. I didn't even bother trying after getting shut out on the first round of US shows and just waited. Got some tickets from drops closer to the show, and some from other fans on message boards etc. Just can't be bothered with TicketMaster's whole gimmick. Hope you have good luck! The shows this tour are more expensive than before but still worth every penny.

I know, I already saw him in May this year in Amsterdam. ;) Its not the unpredictable marathon it was during the 2008-2013 shows I saw, but it's still incredibly good. 

I also share your deep hatred for the ticketmaster ticket lottery. I have 2 chances - the presale tomorrow at 9 and the general Friday at 10. It's an outdoor venue, so the only options are front section and GA standing. I'm going for the latter as I find 200 euro ridiculous. GA is 120 euto. Wish me luck! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, axlslash said:

Things went relatively smoothly! My friend had tickets instantly and managed to get 4. I got put tenthousand-something in their stupid digital waiting line but still managed to get through and get the other 3 tickets. :D 

So now my 2024 (so far) looks like this: 

2024-02-03 - DeWolff @ EM2, Groningen
2024-03-10 - K3 @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
2024-06-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen
2024-08-31 - The Teskey Brothers @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

17 hours ago, username said:

I know, I already saw him in May this year in Amsterdam. ;) Its not the unpredictable marathon it was during the 2008-2013 shows I saw, but it's still incredibly good. 

I also share your deep hatred for the ticketmaster ticket lottery. I have 2 chances - the presale tomorrow at 9 and the general Friday at 10. It's an outdoor venue, so the only options are front section and GA standing. I'm going for the latter as I find 200 euro ridiculous. GA is 120 euto. Wish me luck! 

It's a totally different experience for sure. The 09-16 run of just sheer bonkers audibles may never be matched. I was at the '09 show to close down the Philly Spectrum where they broke out Higher & Higher on an audible and blew the roof off, and the second of three MetLife shows in 2016 with Lost In The Flood, Tom Joad with Morello, a proposal in the middle of Jersey Girl.... absolute magic.

But I find it hard to argue with the current set. Those every-night standards are, by and large, perfect. And it makes you appreciate the little changes even more. The last MetLife show this year is a top 3 all time Bruce show for me. Some real gems from the rarity heap - Something In The Night, Detroit Medley, and while it isn't "rare" I will absolutely never say no to Jungleland. 

Glad you were able to get your tickets painlessly this time! I have a pit ticket for the rescheduled Philly show in August, and expecting to drop some more cash when they inevitably add some more MetLife dates later.

• Like 2

And now they announced Green Day. I've never seen them and when they played my home town last year I skipped because I thought meh. Then I heard the whole gig from our attic and really regretted not being there. Now they're playing 2 hours away from me, but I really need to set this right. So I'll probably go into the big Ticketmaster lottery again and try to get tickets for them too. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 8:59 PM, username said:

And now they announced Green Day. I've never seen them and when they played my home town last year I skipped because I thought meh. Then I heard the whole gig from our attic and really regretted not being there. Now they're playing 2 hours away from me, but I really need to set this right. So I'll probably go into the big Ticketmaster lottery again and try to get tickets for them too. 

YAY! Got those too! This time Ticketmaster gave me no shit at all and I only had to wait a minute or so to buy tickets. 

2024 now looks like: 

2024-02-03 - DeWolff @ EM2, Groningen
2024-03-10 - K3 @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
2024-06-19 - Green Day, The Hives, The Interrupters @ Gelredome, Arnhem 
2024-06-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen
2024-08-31 - The Teskey Brothers @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Just bought tickets to see Metallica and Pantera tomorrow. I'll probably miss MammothWVH, but I saw them with GNR once before. 

I got pretty good seats for a good price. I decided to only do one of the Metallica shows. I was looking at the setlists, and they aren't as exciting as I would have thought with the 2- day, different setlist concept. It does not help that I didn't think the new album was anything special. I am sure it'll still be a fun concert. I haven't seen Metallica in over 10- years!

• Like 1

Saw Queen + Adam Lambert in Dallas last Thursday. I saw them in 2014, but this show was so much better. My buddy and I were in the third row right in the middle. I swear I made eye contact with Brian, Roger, and Adam. At the VIP party before the concert, my buddy won a sixpence used by Brian at the Chicago tour. I was hoping he'd give it to me since I bought the tickets, but oh well, he won it fair and square.

• Like 3

Metallica was solid!

22 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Saw Queen + Adam Lambert in Dallas last Thursday. I saw them in 2014, but this show was so much better. My buddy and I were in the third row right in the middle. I swear I made eye contact with Brian, Roger, and Adam. At the VIP party before the concert, my buddy won a sixpence used by Brian at the Chicago tour. I was hoping he'd give it to me since I bought the tickets, but oh well, he won it fair and square.

Damn he should have given it to you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't frequent this part of the forum much, so sorry for responding to older stuff...

I saw Kiss this year and was massively disappointed. Third time seeing them on this tour and the worst by a long way. Forget the talk of Paul using backing tracks, the pyro has them! Seriously, where there was once fireworks in the set, they now just play 'bang' sounds over the PA. You go to see Kiss to see a spectacle, not some half-assed crap like that.

In other news I saw Greta Van Fleet (twice) and Queens of the Stone Age last week. Greta was fun both times, but the excessive 20 minute guitar solos were a tad annoying. QotSA were good – first time seeing them, was persuaded to go by a mate

• Like 1