The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

12 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The only reason he didn't continue live was cause he didn't like touring or got stage fright, is that right? 

My understanding is he didn't like touring. Not sure as to why specifically, but there's a lot of things that make it unappealing to some. It's a big commitment, can be challenging if one has a family/wife/GF and/or pet(s), etc. Stage freight certainly can play a role, it's a lot of pressure to perform, and the traveling, customs/airport security is never fun, lots of temptations in that world as well, I'd imagine. 

58 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Saw that Robin finck has a writing credit on hardskool. According to his wikipedia page anyway. dont know if we knew that or not. the idea that hardskool maybe started as a slash duff matt axl song from 96/97 seems unlikely if finck has a writing credit?

Yes, we've known that for while. Tobias, Stinson and Josh Freese have writing credits as well, but all 4 of them jointly share credits for about 22% of the song (Freese's share is just 1%).

It probably was originally written in 1996, but Slash wasn't involved in writing it, and then developed further during the Nu era.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Dude if someone put together like "Chinese Whispers" but interspersed but new interviews of all the people involved on Chinese Democracy I would buy that in a heartbeat lol

At this point in my GNR fandom I honestly find the whole saga and crazy ride of the making of Chinese Democracy more interesting than how the album actually turned out :lol:

I totally agree. This and Axls years in the wilderness are just so extremely interesting.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, we've known that for while. Tobias, Stinson and Josh Freese have writing credits as well, but all 4 of them jointly share credits for about 22% of the song (Freese's share is just 1%).

It probably was originally written in 1996, but Slash wasn't involved in writing it, and then developed further during the Nu era.

Was it the "Who Am I" Chan movie the song was rumoured for? 

36 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The only reason he didn't continue live was cause he didn't like touring or got stage fright, is that right? 

I don't think the original plan was for him to ever tour. But he probably did those dates to help out, because he'd been around for a long while by then and was helping guide the band. I've always liked him. Good songwriter and musician from what we have to go by. When it was decided 2002 would see a genuine tour he stood down but remained in the studio. 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Well our only hope is of his book comes out hopefully he covers what the fuck he got up to in 95, 96 and 97....

And 2003 to 2006. There's only two pictures from that era. The Led Zep Dvd release party 2003 and 2005 where he has the braids hanging down 2002 style but the 2006 beard. 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I dont understand why these past members can't speak out on their own career history. What would actually happen if they violated their NDAs? Is that really that serious? Tell Axl to go fuck himself and spill the beans. These guys are all approaching or are already over 60 ....

Agreed but if it's not good news...defamation is a big deal in the States...so many cases! Axl must of been sued himself 100s of times! 

20 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Agreed but if it's not good news...defamation is a big deal in the States...so many cases! Axl must of been sued himself 100s of times! 

I don't think talking about the history of certain songs, and other things that may or may not have been recorded, etc can be called defamation 

52 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

So weird how this band soundchecks same shit over and over then bam street of dreams 

Soundcheck are mostly for the members to check if the levels, tone and everything else work. They can play whatever to test, and sometimes they try a new song because they feel like it needed some more practice, but it's not required. 

28 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I dont understand why these past members can't speak out on their own career history. What would actually happen if they violated their NDAs? Is it really that serious? Tell Axl to go fuck himself and spill the beans. 

Robin talked a bit in a guitar magazine interview back in 2009/10, I guess. Brain and Tommy talked a lot about it, even about unreleased songs. 

I think they are just not comfortable in talking about some stuff that feels personal to Axl and because they know TB or whoever else would be a pain in the ass if it somehow clashes with their agenda. But mostly, I guess they rather talk about their current projects and life instead of something they worked on 20 years ago and got a lot of unfair criticism. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Why do you think they did Nice Boys and Michelle first night and then never again this tour (appart from one more Michelle)

Who ‘t ‘f knows.  Nothing about this band makes sense.  And if you try to go down that rabbit hole, you’re gonna wake up crawling out of hedgehogs arse on Christmas Eve during sausage celebrating season. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In last year's show in Seville, Axl said "I wrote this song 20 years ago"