Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

It's probably fake, yeah. But my one question still remains about where the artwork is from. That would be the first good looking cover art I've seen from them in 20 years, if it was real. 

Maybe they made it themselves. If they did, I wish they would make all the covers from now on lol.

Edited by meadsoap

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'll say 100% trolling. All that about The General and the Hollywood strike sound like total bs.

Yep but quite plausable....GNR have a history with movie soundtracks, even as recently as "If The World" and Body of Lies....so with movies all getting pushed back and rescheduled and The General sounded really filmic, it could be awesome for a film! However, it's a likely story and a smartish one to pull us in...what insider is gonna bother posting that shit on Reddit...not worth your job, eh!  

2 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

It's probably fake, yeah. But my one question still remains about where the artwork is from. That would be the first good looking cover art I've seen from them in 20 years, if it was real. 

Maybe they made it themselves. If they did, I wish they would make all the covers from now on lol.

Don't know why they don't just get Slash to make some, he's a decent artist and at least it would be personal touch and all....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yep but quite plausable....GNR have a history with movie soundtracks, even as recently as "If The World" and Body of Lies....so with movies all getting pushed back and rescheduled and The General sounded really filmic, it could be awesome for a film! However, it's a likely story and a smartish one to pull us in...what insider is gonna bother posting that shit on Reddit...not worth your job, eh!  

Don't know why they don't just get Slash to make some, he's a decent artist and at least it would be personal touch and all....

Yeah. I would have been pumped if they could get a new song in a movie, like Axl did with Oh My God. Axl said he loves movie soundtracks, so we know he's passionate about it too. Maybe we'll see it someday!

To your second point, Slash did make the original artwork for the one of the gnr logos. I would be interested in what he would draw now. He's clearly talented.

Edited by meadsoap

6 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

There is a lot of fanmade artwork out there and now with AI it's easier for someone to make it if they know what to do. And the fact that it doesn't come up on google image search, doesn't mean that it's original, e.g. I don't think Instagram posts are included in the google results.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

That's what I mean. It looks like they have taken elements from GN'R's past history and added a "dispute with the label" bit to make the story convincing.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is a lot of fanmade artwork out there and now with AI it's easier for someone to make it if they know what to do. And the fact that it doesn't come up on google image search, doesn't mean that it's original, e.g. I don't think Instagram posts are included in the google results.

The art looks wayyy better than what AI usually makes imo. You could be right about the IG thing.

I think a talented artist did make it, but no way to know if the poster didn't steal it from someone's fanpage.

11 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Yeah. I would have been pumped if they could get a new song in a movie, like Axl did with Oh My God. Axl said he loves movie soundtracks, so we know he's passionate about it too. Maybe we'll see it someday!

To your second point, Slash did make the original artwork for the one of the gnr logos. I would be interested in what he would draw now. He's clearly talented.

There's actually a drawing Slash did of the whole Aerosmith band in their last LP liner notes...that may or not be well known....pretty well know here probably ...

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That's what I mean. It looks like they have taken elements from GN'R's past history and added a "dispute with the label" bit to make the story convincing.

Those couple of fucktards in that earlier video have reawoken the trolls! And to think I thought they were just an animated movie that Timberlake soundtracks these days! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

There's actually a drawing Slash did of the whole Aerosmith band in their last LP liner notes...that may or not be well known....pretty well know here probably ...

Yeah, but that sketch was done when Slash was a child. It was a pretty cute gesture by Aerosmith to include Slash's childhood drawing of them in the liner notes :)

I'm curious if Slash as an adult does any art though. If he does, i guess it's something he likes to keep to himself.

Edited by meadsoap

7 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

The art looks wayyy better than what AI usually makes imo. You could be right about the IG thing.

I think a talented artist did make it, but no way to know if the poster didn't steal it from someone's fanpage.

Arian Buhler did the artwork for the recent releases (where there was actual artwork and not just graphics), like the AFD and UYI boxsets, so it's almost safe to assume that it would be him again if that thing was real. Maybe someone should ask him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Has anyone seen this reddit post. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/15oow3l/atlas_was_supposed_to_be_next/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=2

I know the last one was bogus, so this should be taken with a huge grain of salt. The only thing that made me pause is that someone in the comments pointed out that the artwork seems to be original (no pre-existing images of it online). So if that's true (I did not check myself) it's either officially made.... or it's a troll who spent a lot of time making it themselves.

Both possibilities are bizarre enough to keep me entertained lol

The picture and the user's comment are taken straight from a 4chan post that didn't take off:

https://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/117759348/guns-n-roses-plans

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Thanks 1

If this is true, the most interesting tidbit is that it’s nearly 15 seconds shorter than the leaked demo. There goes the dream of additional verses/vocals haha!

Edited by veon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

IMG-2961.pngIMG-2962.png

apparently Perhaps is on TouchTunes jukeboxes lol 

This is legit, I just downloaded the app and it’s there… but I’m not near a bar so I can’t select it. Anyone going for brewskies tonight? :lol:

• Like 1