Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I just messaged one of my friends that works in rock radio (I work in a different format), and he confirmed 100% that “Perhaps” will be going to radio tomorrow morning and his station is playing it once an hour all day. 

I’ll be damned. 

Damn i can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So it wasn't cancelled for good? That's so weird.

I’ll give them credit that a surprise drop to radio is unexpected. 

If that was the pivot in their promotional plan, I’ll tip my hat to them and give them credit for pulling it off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lethalis said:

Genuinely think this will NOT be released this friday. If plans have changed, plans have changed... it makes no sense to cancel the release if you want to release it a week later anyway.

It's going to take (much) longer.

I still check this forum because I want to be wrong, I want to be surprised and see it being released... but I'm losing hope that it will.

It's simply not happening anytime soon, we should just shut up about it now....we're all gonna go TOTALLY insane beyond the last sanity we probably had. There is almost no good reason to delay by one week....for what? It wasn't a delay, it was an indefinite postponement for whatever reason that won't make sense to us....as in, pretty sure this will just come when ever Ax's feeling takes, like he has mostly always been....until then we're running around in circles and wearing our sneakers out!

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What do you think happened to mellow Axl towards us since he was intent on not releasing it to "punish us"? Was it all my non-sucking up to him that did the trick? 

If a surprise drop to radio is the marketing strategy that they shifted to, then I’ll give credit where it’s due for pulling it off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I just messaged one of my friends that works in rock radio (I work in a different format), and he confirmed 100% that “Perhaps” will be going to radio tomorrow morning and his station is playing it once an hour all day. 

I’ll be damned. 

Well my last post didn't age well if the case....let's see! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

If a surprise drop to radio is the marketing strategy that they shifted to, then I’ll give credit where it’s due for pulling it off.

Credit to you. 

Here's what I think happened: They did intend to release last Friday but before they went public with this date they realized that everything wasn't ready, there was some minor snag between the label and streaming platforms, so they decided to wait one week to have it all sorted. No problem, really. Although, two minor problems: TouchTune still made the song available and it took to Monday to stop that, and the initial deadline was discovered. "Oh, well, so the world will now know a release is coming", but little did they know this one week delay would be the straw the broke the camel's back for all the poor fans here who have been tortured by the band for so many years. 

This thread is a great example for why the band and management detest us. At a time when we are actually getting new music, a celebratory thread devolves into a barrage of rage, complaints and conspiracy theories. We are absolutely bonkers and keeping us at arm-length's distance makes perfect sense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

Both sides of this argument are incredibly annoying to read lol

I wonder what both sides of the eventual Perhaps audio cassette will have. My guess, is they will wait until after The General is dropped. So side G (A) will be The General, and side R (B) will be Perhaps. 

Maybe they will include Atlas, but I don't think only Atlas and Perhaps should be paired, but the three would be welcome on an EP if they include a rocker like Zodiac 13 or Oh My God with them. 4 "new" songs. I could dig that, given the circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Credit to you. 

Here's what I think happened: They did intend to release last Friday but before they went public with this date they realized that everything wasn't ready, there was some minor snag between the label and streaming platforms, so they decided to wait one week to have it all sorted. No problem, really. Although, two minor problems: TouchTune still made the song available and it took to Monday to stop that, and the initial deadline was discovered. "Oh, well, so the world will now know a release is coming", but little did they know this one week delay would be the straw the broke the camel's back for all the poor fans here who have been tortured by the band for so many years. 

And I think that we all want nothing more than this band to rule the world again. Seriously - it’s been painful watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again for 30 years now. 

Like you said - this was the straw that broke the camels back. The internal release date ended up not happening, and it just seemed like business as usual for this band to get something wrong. 

But whoever said “you know what? Let’s really shock them and give it to radio first” was a genius. Whether that was Axl, Team Brazil, the label, or some combination of them, I’ll tip my hat, applaud them, and apologize. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Credit to you. 

Or in fact....this whole ramshackle rouse is TB's idea of "edgy" promo.....hook us and all the rock media and then throw us a tadpool! 😒I'm still excited for the tune......just I feel like we've been totally messed about here....one ONE single tweet could of killed the last 100 pages....ONE

Edited by colonizedmind

Just now, SoulMonster said:

This thread is a great example for why the band and management detest us. At a time when we are actually getting new music, a celebratory thread devolves into a barrage of rage, complaints and conspiracy theories. We are absolutely bonkers and keeping us at arm-length's distance makes perfect sense. 

True, but it's such a tiny bunch of us. I think we often forget that. We are talking dozens realistically. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sweersa said:

I wonder what both sides of the eventual Perhaps audio cassette will have. My guess, is they will wait until after The General is dropped. So side G (A) will be The General, and side R (B) will be Perhaps. 

Maybe they will include Atlas, but I don't think only Atlas and Perhaps should be paired, but the three would be welcome on an EP if they include a rocker like Zodiac 13 or Oh My God with them. 4 "new" songs. I could dig that, given the circumstances. 

Honestly I have always thought Atlas would be next, it is looking like it could be The General from recent happenings, though.

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

And I think that we all want nothing more than this band to rule the world again. Seriously - it’s been painful watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again for 30 years now. 

Like you said - this was the straw that broke the camels back. The internal release date ended up not happening, and it just seemed like business as usual for this band to get something wrong. 

But whoever said “you know what? Let’s really shock them and give it to radio first” was a genius. Whether that was Axl, Team Brazil, the label, or some combination of them, I’ll tip my hat, applaud them, and apologize. 

Please stop wanting them to rule the world again. It is an unrealistic pipe dream that they aren't trying to make happen. Their continued half-hearted efforts will then just continue to disappoint you. When the band has thrown in the towel, you should, too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Or in fact....this whole ramshackle rouse is TB's idea of "edgy" promo.....hook us and all the rock media and then throw us a tadpool! I'm still excited for the tube....just I feel like we've been totally messed about here....one ONE single tweet could of killed the last 100 pages....ONE

No, I am confident there was an issue that needed sorting out. 

They might not even have known the emotional distress this cause a few dozen fans here. And if they did, they might not have cared. 

Edited by SoulMonster