Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Perhaps is a very good song, superior to HS and Absurd. As was true with the Village versions. Preferred the original solo to this version but this holds up well and sounds like continuation of the UYI era,  so it probably will get a better response than the others 

One has to question why it took 7 years into the reunion to release a lightly reworked version of a the 20 year old song, but still. It's good. And combined with the unofficial official confirmation of The General's imminent release, this is the most positive development in some time on Planet GNR

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • PERHAPS 2

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Off topic but who wants to hear the finished version of Se7en? Brains quotes about it makes me anxious to hear it....

"ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!!"

Beltrami also said it was the best song of the lot that he worked on, right?

1 hour ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

No, it hasn't leaked 

Which brings up something I was thinking today....we've had the 3 songs we had a rough idea of from the leaking GNR vault....very shortly we go into uncharted waters, somewhere we won't be starting with where's this part form the demo or why the fuck no Robin and Bucket other than one bend! 😏

Perhaps this will be the start of us getting more stuff Axl knows we don't have...here's hoping 🤞

• Like 1

People forget that demos of a lot of the Appetite and Illusions songs existed long before those albums came out too, with various people playing on them or sometimes just Axl. The old piano demos of november rain and some tracks that never made the albums too.  It's not unusual for GNR to resurrect demos from years ago over a long period of time with different personnel to make an album, it's been their MO from the beginning 

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Which brings up something I was thinking today....we've had the 3 songs we had a rough idea of from the leaking GNR vault....very shortly we go into uncharted waters, somewhere we won't be starting with where's this part form the demo or why the fuck no Robin and Bucket other than one bend! 😏

Perhaps this will be the start of us getting more stuff Axl knows we don't have...here's hoping 🤞

I think Axls doing this on purpose they release the songs we know of. Absurd, hard skool, perhaps etc and then blast us with songs that haven't been leaked like soulmonster, se7en, moustache & probably Cuban skies 

• PERHAPS 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I hope the dubious press release of Axl/Slash/Duff writing Perhaps this year has some truth to it (as it would seem to separate it from the other songs written during the COVID lockdowns).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I hope the dubious press release of Axl/Slash/Duff writing Perhaps this year has some truth to it (as it would seem to separate it from the other songs written during the COVID lockdowns).

I mentioned it earlier today but the description about that has been edited. If you click on the Perhaps vinyl you can read the updated blurb.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/perhaps/products/perhaps-7-vinyl

Guns N’ Roses return with a single entitled “Perhaps” out now via Geffen Records. It stands out as the legendary rock band’s first release since 2021. The 7” includes the R-Side, “The General.”

Tracklist:
Side G: Perhaps
Side R: The General

Limit 4 per customer

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I mentioned it earlier today but the description about that has been edited. If you click on the Perhaps vinyl you can read the updated blurb.

Guns N’ Roses return with a single entitled “Perhaps” out now via Geffen Records. It stands out as the legendary rock band’s first release since 2021. The 7” includes the R-Side, “The General.”

Tracklist:

Limit 4 per customer

Thanks for the notice! I think some new sites were reporting similar based on a press release, but GNR removing the info from the website indicates little confidence.

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Tracklist:

Limit 4 per customer

Side G SHOULD really be The General...I order straight away as soon as it started to sell out...still copies left? I think it'll be a collector's item for sure....The General may never be on any other LP....

16 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

I think Axls doing this on purpose they release the songs we know of. Absurd, hard skool, perhaps etc and then blast us with songs that haven't been leaked like soulmonster, se7en, moustache & probably Cuban skies 

I'm down....for the ride....even if it's a flight to Australia ride....

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thanks for the notice! I think some new sites were reporting similar based on a press release, but GNR removing the info from the website indicates little confidence.

The reports on news sites are still relying on the press release, even though that bit has been removed from the GN'R website since yesterday. One quoted the press release and then added "but a track with the same title leaked in 2019, so who knows..."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hpantazo said:

People forget that demos of a lot of the Appetite and Illusions songs existed long before those albums came out too, with various people playing on them or sometimes just Axl. The old piano demos of november rain and some tracks that never made the albums too.  It's not unusual for GNR to resurrect demos from years ago over a long period of time with different personnel to make an album, it's been their MO from the beginning 

Ya....imagine if there was internet in 1988 sharing all these things ad nauseam....it would just like now! Times have REALLY altered the landscape....earned has been replaced by instant (except if you're a GNR fan - defo earned! 🤟)

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The reports on news sites are still relying on the press release, even though that bit has been removed from the GN'R website since yesterday. One quoted the press release and then added "but a track with the same title leaked in 2019, so who knows..."

Wow....most won't bother to do any research (lazy journalism) so I'm surprised if any actually pick up on it without our help....like everyones a photographer today with a camera in their pocket....all the bloggers and tweeters (x'ers doesn't sound right does it?!?) You'd think that would pressure actual real journalistic into trying harder! 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Wow....most won't bother to do any research (lazy journalism) so I'm surprised if any actually pick up on it without our help....like everyones a photographer today with a camera in their pocket....all the bloggers and tweeters (x'ers doesn't sound right does it?!?) You'd think that would pressure actual real journalistic into trying harder! 

I think in this case they were just being "polite" not wanting to directly question the content of the press release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I think in this case they were just being "polite" not wanting to directly question the content of the press release.

Oh the one you quoted is probably one of the better ones, it's the ones that have no idea at all....biggest part of the job - you don't know everything - research research! 

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, that's my general line of thought too. Someone had to approve the press release, and given it was sent out, I am hoping that there is some truth to Slash and Duff doing their parts this year..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, that's my general line of thought too. Someone had to approve the press release, and given it was sent out, I am hoping that there is some truth to Slash and Duff doing their parts this year..

I'm curious to see if what they were soundchecking in South America last year was The General as some people believe. Those clips, although they sounded more structured than a mere jam (imo), they gave the impression more of a work in progress than a completed arrangement. So if it wasn't The General that would be another indication that they continued working after the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There was a media outlet yesterday reporting that the “Perhaps” 7 inch vinyl was sold out on the merch website. I immediately checked, and no, it was not sold out. So I ordered one, not taking any chances on the possibility that it may sell out, but then again, how can something be sold out when it’s a preorder?

2 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

There was a media outlet yesterday reporting that the “Perhaps” 7 inch vinyl was sold out on the merch website. I immediately checked, and no, it was not sold out. So I ordered one, not taking any chances on the possibility that it may sell out, but then again, how can something be sold out when it’s a preorder?

Since they are indicating a release date of October 23, 2023, the manufacturer may have given them a maximum number of copies they can deliver by that date, given how backlogged the industry is in terms of producing vinyl records. Just speculation but maybe if they hit a certain number of pre-orders, that has to be it for the first pressing 

7 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I think the video is helping a lot, and that’s something nobody here was expecting. It’s a well deserved success, long overdue IMO. 

I also have some decent phones but can’t hear any clipping on Apple Music lossless streaming. 

I have good headphones and there's definitely extreme saturation bordering on clipping. It doesn't sound good whatever it is.