"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Then why only some of the titles supposedly in this list were shared in public (e.g. Tonto, Going Down) and not all of them? Perhaps, Nothing and S.O.G. had not been talked about in public or mentioned in rumoured track lists before 2019.

Let's say I buy that "Perhaps" was overlooked because people didn't consider it to be a song and same with "Nothin'", but why S.O.G. wouldn't be talked about if it was in another version of the screenshot?

I wasn’t the one that recoded or released the video so I can’t answer those questions. If I were to guess, they named the songs that they knew were certainly songs. I bet they did it for attention. 
Back in the day I too assumed Perhaps was not a song and a reference to another title next to it. 
State Of Grace was never on that list. Not by that name at least. 
The “4 Heavens”, for years I assumed it was a song, not realizing it was probably a reference to multiple versions of KOHD. The same pool of documents that CD2 list came from also had at least one email talking about different versions of KOHD, before we knew they even did that with the Village leaks. 

3 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Can I borrow your laptop for a bit?

It’s Windows 7, so probably easy to hack in! 😆 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Then why only some of the titles supposedly in this list were shared in public (e.g. Tonto, Going Down) and not all of them? Perhaps, Nothing and S.O.G. had not been talked about in public or mentioned in rumoured track lists before 2019.

Let's say I buy that "Perhaps" was overlooked because people didn't consider it to be a song and same with "Nothin'", but why S.O.G. wouldn't be talked about if it was in another version of the screenshot?

I distinctly remember seeing a screenshot of an email like this about 10 years ago. I misremembered SOG being on there, but I believe this is snippet is what I saw. MSL was cagey and had his own agenda, so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't release the full list of song names or the actual screenshot. But this may well have been his source file. I feel like I saw it a year or two after he revealed those song names 

It's been so long though, and there was so much BS floating around back then, it's hard to remember definitive details 

• PERHAPS 1

32 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wasn’t the one that recoded or released the video so I can’t answer those questions. If I were to guess, they named the songs that they knew were certainly songs. I bet they did it for attention. 
Back in the day I too assumed Perhaps was not a song and a reference to another title next to it. 
State Of Grace was never on that list. Not by that name at least. 
The “4 Heavens”, for years I assumed it was a song, not realizing it was probably a reference to multiple versions of KOHD. The same pool of documents that CD2 list came from also had at least one email talking about different versions of KOHD, before we knew they even did that with the Village leaks.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. From the way you worded it, I thought you were implying that S.O.G. was in the longer version of the screenshot that you have in computer.

OK about Perhaps, but what about "Nothin'"?

34 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I'm getting skeptical about The General sounding like Sabbath :lol:

Nobody has said that The General sounds like Sabbath so don't expect that.

Axl once said that the bridge in Soulmonster is "our most Black Sabbath moment". But then he continued: "Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree".

Probably cause he knows that you can't really compare these songs to anything else cause then people will start expecting these songs to sound exacly like Sabbath or exactly like doom metal etc...

1 hour ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

MSL mentioned Cuban Skies, Going Down, Tonto among others if I remember correctly. At least two of those were confirmed to be real. But the email screenshot surfaced some time after that, with a few additional song titles listed 

He 100% mentioned Tonto and Cuban Skies. Gives me hope a complete Tonto May exist

49 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

I distinctly remember seeing a screenshot of an email like this about 10 years ago. I misremembered SOG being on there, but I believe this is snippet is what I saw. MSL was cagey and had his own agenda, so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't release the full list of song names or the actual screenshot. But this may well have been his source file. I feel like I saw it a year or two after he revealed those song names 

It's been so long though, and there was so much BS floating around back then, it's hard to remember definitive details 

This was the tracklist that was talked about on the forums after MSL's blackmail video - no Perhaps, Nothing and S.O.G.:

2011_g10.jpg

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11088

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure I buy the fist fight story. Would be hilarious if true though.

I imagine them all in the rehearsal room and everytime Duff's trying to say something Pitman does some random noise with his keyboard.

"Guys, maybe we should...BLEEP!!....listen, can we try....BLÖÖÖÖP!!"

"AlRIGHT, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!"

bare knuckle fight starts

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

But then you've got also songs like Riad, IRS, If The World and Scraped on CD which are an even bigger departure from the classic GNR sound. I mean, it's really just Axl left and even his voice and his style changed in comparison to the UYIs.

But I totally agree with the rest. It's personal preference for hardcore fans. For one it's Axl who is the most important guy in GNR, for the other it might be Slash. But if viewed objectively everybody has to admit that it's both, Axl and Slash, who defined the GNR sound. It's those two why the stadiums are packed again. Everybody else is exchangeable. 

I.R.S. not so much. It's mainly the more modern production that gives the impression that it's a big departure. That one and Hard School were probably written when Axl was trying to write on guitar.

Rhiad, Scraped, Shackler's Revenge, as well as most of the instrumentals in the Village leaks were indeed heavily influenced by popular late '90s' trends (that I'm not particularly a fan of). I guess how big a departure they are may depend on the extent to which My World is considered a legitimate part of the GN'R classic catalogue :lol: If The World is an interesting blend of styles but the result doesn't quite work.

21 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It is interesting that over the years various things have leaked and yet The General and SOG are never on the same list. 

S.O.G was never in any lists (whether they included The General or not).

• Like 1

I’m probably not being helpful whatsoever & I want to preface this with the fact that this is 100% me going off memory but I could’ve sworn I once saw a “leaked CDII track list that had “Grace” listed on it. Once again this probably just the Mandela affect in full swing but it still bugs me lol.

• PERHAPS 1

2 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

I’m probably not being helpful whatsoever & I want to preface this with the fact that this is 100% me going off memory but I could’ve sworn I once saw a “leaked CDII track list that had “Grace” listed on it. Once again this probably just the Mandela affect in full swing but it still bugs me lol.

There was a list with S.O.G. on the Steve Hoffman forum but it was posted after the locker leaks. The person who posted it claimed to be an insider, but it turned out it was another troll. The posts were later deleted.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, thanks for clarifying. From the way you worded it, I thought you were implying that S.O.G. was in the longer version of the screenshot that you have in computer.

OK about Perhaps, but what about "Nothin'"?

Nothin was also on the list from 2008 that some folks had back in 2011. Just like Perhaps, I didn't realize it was a song until the locker leaks, but I'm sure it was referring to Nothing, the song. 

2 hours ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Would not be surprised if this was the source document MSL used when he dropped Tonto and Going Down as unreleased song titles

Going Down wasn't, I'm 100% sure. Everyone found out about this song when the Rio 2011 setlist leaked, and back then people thought it was Ain't Going Down or a cover. After that, MSL came up with that list.

I was the one who talked to MSL back then about it because I heard from sources I had how the song was (kinda mid-tempo with Tommy sharing vocals with Axl). I didn't trust him, but I figured if I talked to him, it would help to find out more info about the song. He didn't seem to believe in me, but after the actual demo leaked in 2013, he and darknemus thought I would have more information about it, which I didn't. 

Funny thing is that I also had information about "Checkmate" from the one of the sources that turned out to be untrue. Not sure if the person told me that just to see if I would leak this information or not. Still, like I said, about Going Down, I had double checked with two different sources. 

2 hours ago, Amir said:

Yeah I remember "Monstrosity" and "Light my Fire" and thought they were bullshit at the time, and I think someone added "Perhaps" to the list and pretended it was from that original bullshit list to show that we knew about the song before 2019 (which we didn't).

tl;dr: lists are all bullshit

I feel the same. Don't remember the list with Perhaps, but people were talking about it when it leaked, so I just thought that it was my memory that wasn't so good.

Can't say for certain that I've ever saw that Blackberry screenshot before 2019 too. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

This was the tracklist that was talked about on the forums after MSL's blackmail video - no Perhaps, Nothing and S.O.G.:

2011_g10.jpg

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11088

Yeah, I remember that. Thought Tonto was a fake title made up by MSL.

• Like 2

001. Sheng Tang Music Festival PDF

002. DJ Ashba's contract

003. June 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR

004. December 2009 Axl email dissolving GNR

005. Doc's 2011 plan powerpoint

006. Better_Gone.mp3

007. January 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks

008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot

009. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 1)

010. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 2)

011. Chinese Democracy band member payments and recoupment

012. Chinese Democracy band producer charts

013. January 2010 Axl email complaining about Dr. Dre

014. October 2009 Axl email to Bumblefoot about Duff rejoining

015. December 2009 Brain email submitting Better remix to Fernando

016. Better video treatment v1

017. Chinese Democracy World Tour Income & Expenses

018. 2009 Band Rehearsal Expenses

019. Tour Income & Expense Summary Production rehearsals (11/09)

020. Chinese Democracy video treatment

021. 2010 Europe Leg #2 Budget Summary

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

024. January 2009 email discussing possible replacements for Robin

025. January 2010 email discussing new versions of Knockin' on Heaven's Door

026. January 2011 Caram Castanzo email complaining about back pay

027. July 2010 email outlining 2011 tour plans, including co-headliners

028. Better video treatment v2

029. June 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks & second album

030. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 1)

031. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 2)

032. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 3)

033. July 2008 Axl letter to Robin about leaks

034. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 1)

035. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 2)

036. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 3)

037. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 4)

038. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 5)

039. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 6)

040. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 7)

041. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 8)

042. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 9)

043. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 10)

044. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 11)

045. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 12)

046. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 13)

047. January 2008 Shanghai and Beijing festival offers

048. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 1)

049. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 2)

050. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 1)

051. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 2)

052. December 2006 letter threatening to sue Zakk Wylde

053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer

054. April 2006 Axl Rose tour rider

055. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 1)

056. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 2)

057. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 3)

058. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 4)

059. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 5)

060. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 6)

061. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 7)

062. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 8)

063. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 1)

064. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 2)

065. June 2008 Brain email about which producers deserve credit

066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram

067. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 1)

068. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 2)

069. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 3)

070. January 2008 Fernando email listing Axl enemies / Slash allies

071. January 2008 Sebastian Bach email about entering rehab

072. February 2010 Axl email making NY plans

073. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 1)

074. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 2)

075. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 1)

076. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 2)

077. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 3)

078. October 2009 Beta/Dizzy conversation about everyone wanting Tommy out

079. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 1)

080. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 2)

081. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 3)

082. February 2007 Unpaid studio and producer invoices

083. March 2009 email outlining the tour dates with Van Halen

084. March 2006 Band and crew rehearsal payroll

085. August 2009 Dizzy email begging for update from Beta

086. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 1)

087. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 2)

088. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 1)

089. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 2)

090. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 3)

091. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 1)

092. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 2)

093. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 3)

094. April 2010 DJ Ashba email to Doc about Axl wanting to fire DJ

095. April 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR and insisting DJ Ashba be sued

096. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 1)

097. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 2)

098. January 2008 Axl letter detailing his uncensored thoughts on Slash

099. January 2008 Axl email about which songs should be on second album

100. "The Honor of Thieves 2" - Axl book about the break-up of GNR

101. December 2010 Doc email about Tommy refusing to play in Abu Dhabi

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

001. Sheng Tang Music Festival PDF

002. DJ Ashba's contract

003. June 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR

004. December 2009 Axl email dissolving GNR

005. Doc's 2011 plan powerpoint

006. Better_Gone.mp3

007. January 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks

008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot

009. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 1)

010. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 2)

011. Chinese Democracy band member payments and recoupment

012. Chinese Democracy band producer charts

013. January 2010 Axl email complaining about Dr. Dre

014. October 2009 Axl email to Bumblefoot about Duff rejoining

015. December 2009 Brain email submitting Better remix to Fernando

016. Better video treatment v1

017. Chinese Democracy World Tour Income & Expenses

018. 2009 Band Rehearsal Expenses

019. Tour Income & Expense Summary Production rehearsals (11/09)

020. Chinese Democracy video treatment

021. 2010 Europe Leg #2 Budget Summary

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

024. January 2009 email discussing possible replacements for Robin

025. January 2010 email discussing new versions of Knockin' on Heaven's Door

026. January 2011 Caram Castanzo email complaining about back pay

027. July 2010 email outlining 2011 tour plans, including co-headliners

028. Better video treatment v2

029. June 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks & second album

030. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 1)

031. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 2)

032. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 3)

033. July 2008 Axl letter to Robin about leaks

034. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 1)

035. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 2)

036. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 3)

037. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 4)

038. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 5)

039. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 6)

040. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 7)

041. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 8)

042. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 9)

043. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 10)

044. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 11)

045. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 12)

046. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 13)

047. January 2008 Shanghai and Beijing festival offers

048. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 1)

049. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 2)

050. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 1)

051. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 2)

052. December 2006 letter threatening to sue Zakk Wylde

053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer

054. April 2006 Axl Rose tour rider

055. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 1)

056. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 2)

057. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 3)

058. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 4)

059. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 5)

060. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 6)

061. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 7)

062. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 8)

063. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 1)

064. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 2)

065. June 2008 Brain email about which producers deserve credit

066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram

067. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 1)

068. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 2)

069. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 3)

070. January 2008 Fernando email listing Axl enemies / Slash allies

071. January 2008 Sebastian Bach email about entering rehab

072. February 2010 Axl email making NY plans

073. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 1)

074. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 2)

075. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 1)

076. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 2)

077. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 3)

078. October 2009 Beta/Dizzy conversation about everyone wanting Tommy out

079. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 1)

080. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 2)

081. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 3)

082. February 2007 Unpaid studio and producer invoices

083. March 2009 email outlining the tour dates with Van Halen

084. March 2006 Band and crew rehearsal payroll

085. August 2009 Dizzy email begging for update from Beta

086. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 1)

087. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 2)

088. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 1)

089. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 2)

090. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 3)

091. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 1)

092. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 2)

093. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 3)

094. April 2010 DJ Ashba email to Doc about Axl wanting to fire DJ

095. April 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR and insisting DJ Ashba be sued

096. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 1)

097. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 2)

098. January 2008 Axl letter detailing his uncensored thoughts on Slash

099. January 2008 Axl email about which songs should be on second album

100. "The Honor of Thieves 2" - Axl book about the break-up of GNR

101. December 2010 Doc email about Tommy refusing to play in Abu Dhabi

And how much of that actually leaked?

If this was all true, MSL would be in jail. 

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

And how much of that actually leaked?

If this was all true, MSL would be in jail. 

Not necessarily. He didn't leak anything. You can't stop someone from providing you with something they obtained, no matter the means.

The emails are at least semi true since he had then-unknown titles. It’s possible he had the Village sessions and made up the rest. As annoying as MSL could be, I would bet these were all real. Right at that time he became a TB and Axl apologist to the nth degree and started appeasing Warchild. Probably indicates a payoff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Not necessarily. He didn't leak anything. You can't stop someone from providing you with something they obtained, no matter the means.

Not sure how it is the US law regarding data privacy, or even how it was back in 2011, but even if someone had sent him this willingly, he did leak not only the email subjects, but also the supposedly CD2 list that we are discussing here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Not sure how it is the US law regarding data privacy, or even how it was back in 2011, but even if someone had sent him this willingly, he did leak not only the email subjects, but also the supposedly CD2 list that we are discussing here.

The law would have to prove intent, assuming they wanted to charge him anyways, it's a lot more complicated than if something is illegal or illegal. Out of all of the crimes that are reported, law enforcement can only look into so many, and of those, only a fraction are prosecuted, and even in those cases, can be settled out of court, according to the desires of the victims.