"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

He had a fallout with Duff at the rehearsals and he would constantly make "noise" with his synthesizers. They got into a fist fight after the tweets. Duff won, Pitman was out.

Is there a source for that? I do remember some rumors about Pitman not getting along with them. 

18 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

It Will be released on streaming services too Right?

I would hope so. I still haven't heard the live tracks from the Hard Skool EP cuz they aren't in streaming services. Now obviously those don't hold the grandeur of The General so I don't have as much a desire to seek them out. But General better hit streaming services. 

My opinion, as it's seemingly been on a setlist, it's gotta be available when it releases. 

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Many rumours about what transpired there.

But regarding the timeline, there was a near two-month gap between his passive-aggressive tweets (about being told by management to not mention Coachella) and his "nostalgia money grab" post. The "money grab" post was in late February 2016 and he apologized for it about a week later. Brain said that he got the call from Caram about Melissa right after Pitman was fired. According to Melissa, that happened in March and as a result she had little time to learn the songs. So I believe there were ongoing issues with Pitman and he either had been fired right before the "money grab" post or that post was the last straw that got him fired.

It's not a stretch of the imagination to see where he was coming from though. 16 years with the band and suddenly Axl goes down the nostalgia cash grab route. 

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Many rumours about what transpired there.

But regarding the timeline, there was a near two-month gap between his passive-aggressive tweets (about being told by management to not mention Coachella) and his "nostalgia money grab" post. The "money grab" post was in late February 2016 and he apologized for it about a week later. Brain said that he got the call from Caram about Melissa right after Pitman was fired. According to Melissa, that happened in March and as a result she had little time to learn the songs. So I believe there were ongoing issues with Pitman and he either had been fired right before the "money grab" post or that post was the last straw that got him fired.

From what I remember Pittman also claimed he wasnt being paid for previous work and sued Axl the same year.

I'm looking forward to hearing this one but I actually sympathise a bit with the song. 

The expectations are huge. It has been described as epic and linked to Estranged by people with great intentions but possibly a little over excited. 

The title itself sounds epic but I believe it's actually linked to Chinese food :lol: Was maybe a working title that kind of stuck when it leaked. I don't believe it's about a General at all. 

If it is really about child abuse and some of the rumoured lyrics are true... It's going to be very heavy and not so relatable for a lot of people.

Doesn't mean it won't be a good song though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Doesn't look like a CD is coming does it?

Anyone seen/heard anything? Gutted if it doesn't. I want The General in CD quality! 

I take it as a good sign for more new music (Atlas) coming soon.

Absurd didnt get a physical release until Hard Skool was announced. Probably same here.

Vinyl for Perhaps / The General. Then release Atlas Shrugged with either a live track as the vinyl b-side or even a 4th new song. Then release a ep on cd with all the new stuff.

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses. It was always the type of band where every classic member was a piece of the puzzle, of the sound and personality of the band. Even after Steven left it sounded different.

So true and sad that hardcore fans forget it. Together they were greater than the sum of their parts. 

After 93 but definitely 96 Guns became more just Axl and have struggled as a creative entity ever since. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

So true and sad that hardcore fans forget it. Together they were greater than the sum of their parts. 

After 93 but definitely 96 Guns became more just Axl and have struggled as a creative entity ever since. 

I don't know if they struggled as a creative entity as a whole. Maybe it was more Axl overthinking it cause judging by the 2019 leaks, they had enough quality material (imo) that they could have released not long after the lineup with Sorum was over.

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

It's not a stretch of the imagination to see where he was coming from though. 16 years with the band and suddenly Axl goes down the nostalgia cash grab route. 

It wasn't that sudden though. NuGN'R 2011-14 was a nostalgia touring band but without the original players. And the reunion probably wasn't so sudden either. Although in late 2014-first half of 2015 Axl was supposedly planning on releasing CD2, it's hard to say that it would have been indeed released in 2016 if it weren't for the reunion - I strongly doubt it, personally.

What was probably "sudden" and unpleasant for Pitman was that his leverage and position in the band's hierarchy changed as soon as Slash and Duff were back, and the focus was only on the "big three". He was one of the longest serving NuGN'R members and suddenly had to deal with the fact that Slash and Duff were now his "bosses", too.

"This is a nostalgia tour. Please don't mention those who are there the last 20 fucking years ... oh god no!! ... (a money grab) FU."

So I think that the bolded part was his main problem and not nostalgia. Richard, Frank and even Dizzy adjusted and took it for what it was, Pitman didn't.

1 hour ago, vloors said:

From what I remember Pittman also claimed he wasnt being paid for previous work and sued Axl the same year.

Yes, he sued Axl later that year.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, agustingloger said:

It Will be released on streaming services too Right?

I believe Fernando implied it would be. Someone asked on Reddit and he said “Perhaps”. My guess is it will be released still like how Absurd and Hard Skool were.

• Like 1