"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

that's just a mashup of evader's version and the 2006 orchestral piece lol that can't be the actual song

That would be amazing banter if Axl released Evaders 'Remix' on a 'B' side for Perhaps!! Be the biggest bait & switch of all time. 

Just imagine:

Axl: 'Yeah, we had a song called the General which was kind of a moody epic but then I was on the fan boards & came across Evaders remix. Needless to say - put our version to shame so we scrapped the original & had to release the Evader Remix & get out to the fans as quick as we could. This is my true creative vision realised for the General.'

What date did the Atlas leak say for November? Ya know, the rumour one?

1 minute ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Listening to Evader's version is always  a great way to build up expectations... It's hard to believe we're only 12 days away (probably) from listening to The General

Is the probably in there as you STILL don't truly believe it? :tongue2:

That one someone just posted actually sounds legit!.... is this definitely the Evader one then? ..because this (the intro) sounds like just what I heard in 2006 before they came out and I really hope the actual version has a way better transition from the intro to the song...I imagined it being way different. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, mister mosh said:

That one someone just posted actually sounds legit!.... is this definitely the Evader one then? ..because this (the intro) sounds like just what I heard in 2006 before they came out and I really hope the actual version has a way better transition from the intro to the song...I imagined it being way different. 

Yeah dude its the Evader version mixed with the 2006 intro.

I’ve seen this dude doing ASMR about the general for the last 4-5 months.  He always puts in style of.  Wonder if he’s heard it.  Or is this one of you guys?

always wondered if the general was an entirely different song than we are thinking.  What if Elvis/soul monster is what we’ve known as the general and maybe the real general is something entirely different.  I don’t remember at that party where evader version came/developed from was it ever said “this is called the general before it was played at that party?”

3 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

I’ve seen this dude doing ASMR about the general for the last 4-5 months.  He always puts in style of.  Wonder if he’s heard it.  Or is this one of you guys?

always wondered if the general was an entirely different song than we are thinking.  What if Elvis/soul monster is what we’ve known as the general and maybe the real general is something entirely different.  I don’t remember at that party where evader version came/developed from was it ever said “this is called the general before it was played at that party?”

The General and Soul Monster were listed separately on the leaked CD2 song list from 2008, and Axl also mentioned both separately during the forum chats. 

1 hour ago, UYI4 said:

No, he's just playing whatever and using key words for clickbait. There's also a Atlas Shrugged video that has nothing to do with the actual song. 

16 hours ago, Tio Didi said:

I guess I can say two things about The General:

1. It will be a great song, for sure.

2. There is no way it is gonna live up to our expectations.

When the 2000 mix of Jackie Chan (Hardschool) leaked in 2019, it exceeded my expectations from what I was expecting the song to sound like based on the "Checkmate" clip that leaked years prior.

Now, if the 2000 mix hadn't leaked, and if the only version we got was the released 2021 Hard Skool, I'm not sure if I would say the same, though I do like the chorus and Axl's performance of it, which is a highlight of the song to me, but the other highlights were removed from the released version, which is Josh's drums, and Robin's leads. :( So to me, it sounds like a half cocked mess. 

10 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I am so not looking forward to reading the usual suspects here rip apart the solo and demand the restoration of Robin/Bucket's solos, swearing that their solos were better without ever even hearing them.

They absolutely will, too. 🙄

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I am so not looking forward to reading the usual suspects here rip apart the solo and demand the restoration of Robin/Bucket's solos, swearing that their solos were better without ever even hearing them.

I think that will be a given based on Slash's performances playing CD solos live, and his playing on Hard Skool and Perhaps. I do like his solos on Absurd, compared to the leaked version with Buckethead and Bumblefoot. I'll give him that. He's capable!