"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah not sure why people assume the day the vinyl starts shipping is the day you get to hear it:lol:

I called this weeks ago and I'm sticking to the theory that The General will be released to Youtube with a full music or lyric video on Halloween, aswell as come out everywhere else digitally like Spotify, Apple music etc. on the 31st.

Because it happens to be a Friday. 27th it is (at the latest).

Then of course, this is GNR, so plans might change.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

The 9 mixes leaked in 2008 were of demos mixed years prior, my guess is they are from 2003, give or take a year. So they sat around for a while before they came to light. 

Oh no doubt, I definitely think if anything does leak, it will be from the early-mid 2000s. Complete speculation, of course.

Edited by CAFC Nick
  • PERHAPS 1

37 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah not sure why people assume the day the vinyl starts SHIPPING is the day you get to hear it:lol:

I called this weeks ago and I'm sticking to the theory that The General will be released to Youtube with a full music or lyric video on Halloween, aswell as come out everywhere else digitally like Spotify, Apple music etc. on the 31st.

This would be a nice move!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazednDazed said:

I’m going to see Tommy Stinson at a super small venue tonight. If I get the chance to ask him any gnr related questions is there anything I should be asking?? 

Besides GNR and Replacement stuff? Ask about getting his other solo stuff out on vinyl. Especially Village Gorilla Head and the Perfect album/EP

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HazednDazed said:

I’m going to see Tommy Stinson at a super small venue tonight. If I get the chance to ask him any gnr related questions is there anything I should be asking?? 

What our man said above, if there's any plans on getting Village Gorilla Head out on vinyl. Could probably ask how he feels about Slash and Duff reworking the songs he helped create and if Axl ever recorded a lead vocal for Going Down. Just a few suggestions, be sure to have a blast!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HazednDazed said:

Some good suggestions for questions already. You could also ask him if he intends to release Going Down (or any other track he wrote during his time in GN'R) at some point, since he has registered it on ASCAP as his own song. (You don't need to mention the ASCAP thing - probably better not).

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Some good suggestions for questions already. You could also ask him if he intends to release Going Down (or any other track he wrote during his time in GN'R) at some point, since he has registered it on ASCAP as his own song. (You don't need to mention the ASCAP thing - probably better not).

I thought Tommy was asked about going down on an interview and said that Axl won't give it to him or something along those lines

19 hours ago, HazednDazed said:

What was the reason GN'R didn't release a follow up to Chinese Democracy after 2008 until he left in 2014, with songs like Absurd, Hard School, Perhaps or the upcoming The General? Did the label reject any follow up album plans?

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I thought Tommy was asked about going down on an interview and said that Axl won't give it to him or something along those lines

He told a fan that he wished he could take it back or that he would try to take it back (it wasn't on a interview). That was two or three years ago.

But meanwhile he took it back, as it seems, since he registered it on ASCAP along with another one of his demos from the locker leaks, "10%er".

14 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Hell yeah! My holy grail would be a pre-Bumblefoot vault leak.

I dont mind bumble as much as alot of people on the forum. I rather enjoy some of his work on the album and I really enjoy the Omg demos I've heard with him on it. I prefer Buckethead tbh but I'd love to get anything from 2002 to 2014. 

Also ive been thinking...with the locker leaks I've always read two conflicting stories... one with 19 cds one with 20 cds....which is it? Because if there were 20 only 19 were leaked so what/where is the last one?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

I dont mind bumble as much as alot of people on the forum. I rather enjoy some of his work on the album and I really enjoy the Omg demos I've heard with him on it. I prefer Buckethead tbh but I'd love to get anything from 2002 to 2014. 

Also ive been thinking...with the locker leaks I've always read two conflicting stories... one with 19 cds one with 20 cds....which is it? Because if there were 20 only 19 were leaked so what/where is the last one?

I liked some of Ron’s work too. But prefer Bucket.

There was a rumored disc, sympathy for the devil I think, but I believe it was BS. 

• Like 1

I've done Tommy meet and greets and Q/As before. I don't mean this as a dig, but he's very much showing his age and lifestyle. I loved seeing him and would go again. But anything Guns related was meant with generic answers or very appreciative/complimentary answers towards Axl and the project as a whole. I've heard he doesn't care for some of the former band members, but he never mentioned that. Couple tour stories and stories about his audition. That was all we got. The way I took it was he talked about Guns like how any other mid-50s guy would talk about a job he had 20 years ago. There weren't a lot of details. Would be awesome to hear him comment more on the intricacies of the recording process and the unreleased material. But again, not to sound like an ass, I don't think he has a ton of insight that people from this forum would find fascinating. 

Edited by bumbleslash69
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1