"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Would that also be the case if it was a single track that was 2 songs combined with inserted silence?

Is it possible 2 songs could be in one single track and all the credits for both songs are combined into a single listing for registry? Especially with how long it took some tracks to show up on the registry? Could it be possible that at a later date there could be 2 separate entries made?

Legit questions though. I was only spitballing ideas 

I don't think so, unless it's a case of two songs combined into one in the writing process and become one cohesive song, like, e.g. Rocket Queen that someone mentioned earlier, but that's a whole other thing.

Do you have any examples of two songs combined as you describe it from other bands/artists, so we can look into it? For GN'R we have the different cases of Buick Makane/Big Dump Sex and I Don't Care About You/Look At Your Game, Girl but these don't count because they are covers of songs by different artists and writers, so they were already registered separately.

31 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I can't find any trace of it now, and memory is foggy, but several years ago was there not some leaked artwork for a 'Monster' single? I think we are going back maybe even a decade here. I think there was an image of a CD, along with it's case, which had Monster Energy drink associated colours etc.. 

Small chance I have gone wrong and dreamt this up 

c0t3xfp6trcw04y6e.jpg

c0t3xym661vhrep6u.jpg

From the album legend of the red

*** panda ***

😱

Edited by Axls_Moustache_Rules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think so, unless it's a case of two songs combined into one in the writing process and become one cohesive song, like, e.g. Rocket Queen that someone mentioned earlier, but that's a whole other thing.

Do you have any examples of two songs combined as you describe it from other bands/artists, so we can look into it? For GN'R we have the different cases of Buick Makane/Big Dump Sex and I Don't Care About You/Look At Your Game, Girl but these don't count because they are covers of songs by different artists and writers, so they were already registered separately.

From a quick search. 

Green Day - F.O.D with All By Myself

Stone Temple Pilots - Kitchenware & Candybars with Second Album

Then I guess this could be checked: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_containing_a_hidden_track:_A

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Crazy that in 5 days we’ll be living in a post The General world. 

Still fully expecting something ludicrous to happen.
They made a bolox of things at the pressing plant and the "R" side of the vinyl is blank,

Can you imagine the outrage :lol:

• Haha 2

How is it possible no forum people work in a record store? They wouldn't even have to leak the thing, just confirm it's ready to be put on the shelves by Friday. Maybe take a pic of the record of both sides.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That was obviously fanmade, based on a track titled "Monstrocity" being in an alleged leaked track list for "CD2".

The alleged track list dated from January 2008, more than a year before Ashba was in the band :lol:

I like how it has a Monster Energy Drink "support" :rofl-lol:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

How is it possible no forum people work in a record store? They wouldn't even have to leak the thing, just confirm it's ready to be put on the shelves by Friday. Maybe take a pic of the record of both sides.

Most folk on here are big enough marks of the band to know the significance of this tune.
Even if they work somewhere that already has it physically instore, they'll also be aware what management are like...

Not worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

From a quick search. 

Green Day - F.O.D with All By Myself

Stone Temple Pilots - Kitchenware & Candybars with Second Album

Then I guess this could be checked: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_containing_a_hidden_track:_A

Okay, I looked into it. In the case of STP there seems to be registration only for Kitchenware & Candybars (Second Album is not included in the registered title, but there's no separate registration for it either).

In the case of Green Day, the two tracks are registered separately. I also looked for Blur's Chemical World/Intermission and Resigned/Commercial Break, and the tracks are registered separately in this case, too.

29 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think it won't be on record stores though, right? It's exclusive to GN'R and UMG online stores.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Okay, I looked into it. In the case of STP there seems to be registration only for Kitchenware & Candybars (Second Album is not included in the registered title, but there's no separate registration for it either).

In the case of Green Day, the two tracks are registered separately. I also looked for Blur's Chemical World/Intermission and Resigned/Commercial Break, and the tracks are registered separately in this case, too.

So basically it’s possible Monsters could be a hidden track that could later be registered separately later on. But potentially unlikely. 

So no closer to knowing. 

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it won't be on record stores though, right? It's exclusive to GN'R and UMG online stores.

Oh, sorry, I got that idea with the 56 pages of conditions that were mentioned a few pages or so ago :lol:

It seems they are set on selling as little as possible. Only vinyl and only online from three webshops.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Oh, sorry, I got that idea with the 56 pages of conditions that were mentioned a few pages or so ago :lol:

It seems they are set on selling as little as possible. Only vinyl and only online from three webshops.

Yeah, the "record stores" part in the yt comment about the 56 pages document is an instant giveaway for bullshit/troll alert :lol:

• Like 3