"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

32 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Both fucking retarded.

But threatening to kick someone's ass on the internet because a vinyl with 2 songs was delayed is the most psychotic, pathetic and ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed online 

No, it’s not. Lower the hyperbole. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

This whole situation has brought us all together. some of us from the old NewGnr days. Is that the most important thing? pretty crazy how shit works out. ok im done being sappy IM FRACKIN PISSED

Newgnr was my first go to site, blast from the past 

15 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

If that was the case then it would be done that was live too, right? 

Well, that's your opinion that you're entitled to 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now don't talk down to me you condescending little shit.

I’m tired of people perpetuating the silly notion that it’s a mistake in “Absurd.” It wasn’t a “lazy” mistake they didn’t feel like fixing. All it takes is dragging the track with your mouse to sync it how you want.

Also, I’m not being condescending. I straight up called you out for your dog shit opinions.

Edit: Also, they sing a lot of stuff different live versus the studio album. But you know who helps recreate what you hear on the studio tracks? Melissa.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

This would actually be extremely upsetting if it wasnt all so boringly predictable,

Anybody else just assume that this band are gonna F it up just to soften the blow for when it inevitably does?...because lets face it, they ALWAYS do!...has any band or it's management consistently dropped the ball as much as GNR? 

The apathy they seem to treat their loyal and dedicated fanbase (which to be honest they are lucky to have at times) is kinda sociopathic (state of bliss ;-) ) at times.....they dont even acknowledge our existence, how hard is it to just let us know whats happening and keep an open dialogue, EVERY other band of this size (Metallica, Foos, Green Day etc) are all brilliant in updating their fans and doing awesome stuff to keep things fresh, I've accepted Guns arent always that way, but they could at least let us know when stuff like this is gonna go down and not treat us as they burden they have to endure...in an "Oh no, my fans want us to address them"

Would love if (as other bands would do) they could just be cool as F and just post it on streaming services for all of us tomorrow....but we ALL know that will never happen. ...and around and round we go on this GNR merry-go-round. 

• Like 1

Just now, GnR Chris said:

I’m tired of people perpetuating the silly notion that it’s a mistake in “Absurd.” It wasn’t a “lazy” mistake they didn’t feel like fixing. All it takes is dragging the track with your mouse to sync it how you want.

Also, I’m not being condescending. I straight up called you out for your dog shit opinions.

Why, are you the one who edited it? 

3 minutes ago, beardedranga said:

Newgnr was my first go to site, blast from the past 

Thats awesome man. crazy to be feelin' this all over again xD its like that really abusive but fun relationship you had with that one girl in your early 20s. Fond memories of the fun times but GAWD was it a struggle xD

Edited by Miden34

1 minute ago, Miden34 said:

Thats awesome man. crazy to be feelin' this all over again xD its like that really abusive but fun relationship you had with that one girl in your early 20s. Fond memories of the fun times but GAWD was it a struggle xD

Amen!..LOVED that place, had a cool downloads section on the site too that had live version of 'The Blues' etc etc.  Awesome and exciting times!

2 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Why, are you the one who edited it? 

I edited the first one for a typo when I meant to say “over and over.” The second one above was edited because I forgot to respond to your comment about the way they perform it live. 

Personally, I’m enjoying how we’re all melting down over this the moment those emails hit our inboxes. This band is such a fuckin’ joke.

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I edited the first one for a typo when I meant to say “over and over.” The second one above was edited because I forgot to respond to your comment about the way they perform it live. 

Personally, I’m enjoying how we’re all melting down over this the moment those emails hit our inboxes. This band is such a fuckin’ joke.

Im melting down like baby oil on bare ass in 90 degree sun

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I was asking whether you edited Absurd itself, seeing as how defensive you were getting over it.

And me, as frustrating as it is, it's fun to watch unfold.

26 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

GNR uploaded a San Antonio insta post 50 minutes ago and every single comment is 'Release The General'... this is going to play right into their hands when it's released isn't it...🤦🏻‍♂️

Why are those dumbasses posting bullshit about a concert that was literally  a month ago?? They deserve being called out of for their ineptitude and general douchebaggery. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I almost think GNR management has had enough with our side of the fanbase and is trying to just get rid of us. A lot of the hardcore fans seem very burned over this, and I don’t think I’m really going to be supporting the band anymore myself. People will write this off as a conspiracy, and it may be, but there’s almost no other explanation that makes sense. It really feels like the hardcore fans are just hated and something management and the band would rather be without.

It is a conspiracy theory as was the theory that the digital release of Perhaps would be postponed out of spite only because we found out about the placeholder countdown page.

There are a few explanations that make more sense than this: e.g. poor planning and being late to send it for pressing so the release date wasn't met.

imagine this.... someone, with no IQ, ACCIDENTALLY made ALLLLLLL the vinyl with a Pre-reunion version of the general. thus, they need to delay. obviously, i dont even believe what i say most of the time so i dont expect you to. BUT STILL.. Think. :max:

im scared of one thing. and ole lemmy quote. its an old quote he used a lot. "The chase is better than the catch." i hope that isnt whats gonna happen here. the build up is getting immense