"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Axl: Nando, no tour groupie tonight, I'm bored"

Nando: Ax....you're such a prankster on the band mic, I've learned your ways! 

Axl: Yea ....how so?

Nando: So it's a 3 pronged attack on the F'N Fans. First we announce the Perhaps Vinyl and dangle The F'N General unannounced as the R Side

Axl: I told you imma not giving you the passcode to that safe! General stays in tortoise formation, he ain't moving!

Nando: Wait!

Axl: Slash F'N tried a manoeuvre that time he set his guitar up in my front room by the Halloween Tree...not happening

Nando: Stage 2 we tell the fuckers day of shipping that it's delayed to December and give them an option to keep the order or bail....

Axl: So it's like a human reaction experimental test....

Nando: Ya ya, see how much punishment they can take!

Axl: Saw 10 just came out, tortures back in vogue I guess! 

Nando: "Wanna play a game...."

Axl: So what do we do on Dec 7th?

Nando: Step 3....We leak it to those mother F'N suckers.at Uni Italy that the whole thing is cancelled unless you get a lifetime subscription to the burger truck

Axl: Shit, yea....that'll get that off my hands...

Nando: Then we log into MYGNR, bounce onto the home cinema screen and Beta will dish the non-stop popcorn up from the barn as the chaos ensues....

Axl: Wow....it's exactly as Yoda said it would come to pass....

Nando: Right imma go feed Bucketheads chickens, don't forget to phone Brain to cancel the GNR Central interview and tell Robin he's gonna have to wait to hear his outro chorus bend but it DID make the mix

Axl: Yea boiiiiiiiii

Edited by colonizedmind

Beatles won't have any trouble pressing that "Now & Then" vinyl in time

Stones put out literally 38 vinyl variants of Hackney Diamonds, no problem

This inbred, midwestern cornshucker with the window-washer and her poolboy parasite son for a management team can't get a  single pressed with eight weeks lead time? a single!?!

Might as well have waited until 12:01AM the morning of to announce the delay you amateur, bushleague banana republic of an operation.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Well, so far we’ve had Absurd, Hard Skool and Perhaps. 3 songs we’ve already heard leaks of. Then the one time they’re supposed to release an ‘unheard’ song it gets delayed by 2 months.

The vinyls clearly aren’t pressed yet which leads me to think the mix isn’t to Axl’s liking and it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it never sees the light of day now. I just don’t think there’s much in the archives we haven’t heard, Axl clearly hates recording.

*edited* to add I HOPE I AM PROVED WRONG.

Yes, but again, even supposing that the delay is because Axl didn't like the mix or whatever, what does this have to do with Pele's theories? Nothing.

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

No, I think it might be State Of Grace

even D-tune could fit the bill. Hell Devious bastard would be great with slash and duff. i LOVE state of grace so honestly i wouldnt be disappointed myself. 

mustache? lul

okla...homa

44 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Buy it and see what happens, lol. This band is so fucking incompetent.

Ha no shit. They forgot Perhaps on the jukebox. Our only hope is a warehouse somewhere actually had the vinyl and will accidentally ship it out to some people. 

15 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

i could see slash turning "billionare" into a wicked stone type riff

And I could see him never touching it

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No. Actually, each and every Village leak that hasn't been released yet is The General.

Yeah The General is a six minute sampler of the Village Sessions.

Talking Heads haven't been an active band for 32 years and had no problem getting Stop Making Sense pressed on time

Wilco - Cousins?  No problem

New Queens of the Stone Age?  No problem

Nirvana In Utero 30? No problem

Replacements Tim box?  No problem

Green Day Dookie 30th?  No problem

Are there still delays throughout the industry?  Sure, but, I put this needless delay down to incompetent management.  They had adequate lead time.

Edited by oneway23

4 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Ha no shit. They forgot Perhaps on the jukebox. Our only hope is a warehouse somewhere actually had the vinyl and will accidentally ship it out to some people. 

It obviously hasn't been pressed yet.

• Like 1

Once again with a single release, I'm not disappointed because a release date wasn't promised. When it comes it comes. I'm only 35 but I got to say, young people today are always in such a rush. Off chasing bullets instead of stopping to smell the roses.

1 minute ago, Miden34 said:

The fact he said "Perhaps" to a digital release is the only thing leaving me hoping for a 12am video est time

Its not getting released yet. Im in Australia and it should have been available 12 hrs 40 mins ago