"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, timoteo said:

Not always. I stated that I bought tickets to a show in 2002 and they pulled the plug on the tour. 

this is habitual and coming from someone who is quite literally the definition of a double talker. 

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
While they be payin' their hard earned money”

Yeah understand your point and I would be frustrated if I had tickets to a show that was cancelled, but it's probably fair to say that since 2006 it would be in excess of 90% of advertised shows have gone ahead... 

With regards to releasing of songs - we had an official release of CD for March 2007 that came and went (with no update), secret releases of Absurd and Hark Skool, Perhaps release date leaked and delayed, then this delay. So currently they have not managed to hit one single date of any original music release since TSI.

10 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Because incompetence is such a recurring theme now and most of us have had enough of it

Then stop setting yourself up for disappointment by LOWERING YOUR EXPECTATIONS. You cannot make the band change, not by pathetic boycotts, but you can change how you react to the band, how you emotionally react to the band's behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How is the delay of the vinyl, which most likely is sue to pressing issues as people more knowledgeable about this than me have explained, an indication of "utter contempt"? 

You don't think the band would have been aware of these pressing issues more than 1 day before release? The band have people's money and have given not a single shred of an update. Behave.

11 minutes ago, timoteo said:

That’s why I’ve been screaming for fans to stop buying tickets. Let the market correct the behavior. 

And that's not going to happen when 95% of the audience goers are "casuals" who doesn't care about new music or how the band functions as long as they get to hear Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain once every few years.

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah understand your point and I would be frustrated if I had tickets to a show that was cancelled, but it's probably fair to say that since 2006 it would be in excess of 90% of advertised shows have gone ahead... 

With regards to releasing of songs - we had an official release of CD for March 2007 that came and went (with no update), secret releases of Absurd and Hark Skool, Perhaps release date leaked and delayed, then this delay. So currently they have not managed to hit one single date of any original music release since TSI.

You know what’s funny, I spent hundreds of dollars I earned on those tickets and not a word about the cancellation. We were supposed to just accept the non answer. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

And that's not going to happen when 95% of the audience goers are "casuals" who doesn't care about new music or how the band functions as long as they get to hear Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain once every few years.

Always have something don’t ya 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It's not just this 1 delay though. 

CD took years and years to come out and by all accounts Axl still didn't want it to. 

They apparently had lots of material for a follow up but 15 years later we still haven't heard it. 

Perhaps was delayed by a week and eventually we all heard it first as a leak from the Jukebox. 

The General is the most anticipated song of the last 15 years or so and its a vinyl only b side that gets delayed. 

If there is a CD or a digital release coming, just announce it now 

Yeah, I get all this. It is a bummer. But it doesn't explain why cancelling the order makes sense. That just seems like you sabotage yourself, especially if you really want that song.

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

You don't think the band would have been aware of these pressing issues more than 1 day before release? The band have people's money and have given not a single shred of an update. Behave.

They were for sure aware. 

25 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

At first I asked about the changed delivery date, which is now still November 3rd, which they confirmed but couldn't give any reason, why or why I didn't get an automated update. Now I asked about the further delay til the 8th of December and I haven't gotten a response yet.

Thanks! Please update us on this, if possible. I won’t be home for the intirety of december, I won’t be able to physically receive the record if it arrives in december

3 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I would think so. What difference would it have made it you had known about the delay a week earlier, or two weeks earlier? You still have the option to cancel and get your money back. It is not like they have stolen your money :lol:

Just now, timoteo said:

This is pretty cavalier even for their already standards 

but oh yeah we aren’t responding the “correct way”

By all means, boycott the band and cancel your orders. I just don't get the rationale behind it. To me it seems like impulse reactions from people so disappointed they don't think clearly. Lashing out but only hitting themselves. It reminds when of when Perhaps was delayed by a week and people went all nuts over that, too, then when the video came out the same people were over the moon. Just chill. It is just a song. It will come out when it comes out, and if it doesn't come out you will have your money refunded. Keep your expectations at a minimum and you won't get hurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Is it possible that people in other countries other than the US will still receive their copies? They’d have to be getting pressed in each country individually.

Thanks again, Team Brazil. Lol. 

I placed my order in August! How ridiculous is this?! It's soooo saaad... 

Seems like murphy's law is still all around with them. Or us....  Oh this band/management🤦‍♂️

Just now, SoulMonster said:

See, this is an example of emotions running wild. Take a breather. It is just a song being delayed. No reason to act like a little child over it. 

Emotions running wild? You replied to THREE posts without me responding. It's weird. People's emotions are valid, regardless of how your mind may or may not work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fucking Fan Boy pussys . Get a Life . 
as i Said before … who cares at what Point it is released? We will still be old and so will be Axl . We will not conquer the World again , it will Not be 1996 again … you will still be fat and balled working for UPS. You will Not get the hot Girls because you have a copy of … the General … 
So let U.S. enjoy what we have and Fan Boy pussys can suck dick

Edited by dirtyballs

2 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Emotions running wild? You replied to THREE posts without me responding. It's weird. People's emotions are valid, regardless of how your mind may or may not work

Emotion are always valid. But I think it is possible to temper emotions by going into GN'R fandom with the right attitude. And the most important lesson I have learnt is to always set expectations as low as possible because you can be certain there will be delays, cancellations, non-communication, etc.

Again, the band is still to some extent dysfunctional and there is NOTHING we can do about that. We cannot possible change the band. But we can not set ourself up for disappointment by tempering our expectations accordingly. We cannot change them, but we can change ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, timoteo said:

SM is the biggest bootlicker I’ve ever seen. Holy shit I’m actually laughing 

The funny thing is that me questioning peoples' expectations here is misconstrued as me defending the band. I question why people get so upset that they cancel the order of the very song they are upset at not getting when they expected to get it, I don't defend the delay nor the people involved. But I suppose it is easier to brand me as a TB defender that can just be disregarded than to actually accept and internalize my criticism of you.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Emotion are always valid. But I think it is possible to temper emotions by going into GN'R fandom with the right attitude. And the most important lesson I have learnt is to always set expectations as low as possible because you can be certain there will be delays, cancellations, non-communication, etc.

Again, the band is still to some extent dysfunctional and there is NOTHING we can do about that. We cannot possible change the band. But we can not set ourself up for disappointment by tempering our expectations accordingly. We cannot change them, but we can change ourselves. 

Expectations are deep underground by now, but don't falsely advertise things and it won't be an issue. It's fucking BORING