"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Weird as break in the middle then....there's no blend or link...unless that'll be fixed on the new mix ...

So Marco is on both songs...they are linked musically in that way right?

Slash's guitar work in Monsters is his best work in GNR since '91....fair?

Sounds like Locomotive to me, but yeah, the break is what don't support this idea.
There's an archive of the two songs in one, and it makes sense with the lyrics...

I don't know. When its out, we will know.

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Totally his best work for GNR since '91. Not too hard but has to be said....some amazing guitar on these tracks....Slash absolutely can contribute to dark as fuck "epic" tracks as he said... pleasantly surprised 

Not sure if it's better than Snakepit's stuff. I really liked some of that. 

But it's by far better than his last 5-6 years solo albums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Not sure if it's better than Snakepit's stuff. I really liked some of that. 

But it's by far better than his last 5-6 years solo albums.

Oh same....Snakepit is great but from people's recent critisisms of him, this is for sure a fuck you, I can still do it....last couple of minutes of Monsters gave me chills...Never thought I'd get that again with him and Axl together on a track...

I like Monsters. Not so impressed by The General.

I think it makes complete sense now that these/this is being released as B/R side to Perhaps. They're far removed from what casuals and the general public considers classic Guns N' Roses. Perhaps, on the other hand is much closer to UYI era GN'R, plus it's much catchier.

It also looks like both The General and Monsters share the same theme in the lyrics - which seems to be really child abuse.

• Like 2