"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

14 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

well i'll reword it from "final master" to "mastered version but it might not be official"?, and i cant link directly to the songs so i put a discord so its within the rules as far as I'm aware.

Can you PM the version you are referring too. I have the combined version on mp3, is this what you are meaning?

43 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Are you 100% sure it's not a RIP of the bad quality vinyl  that they have rejected 

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's not. Why the registered title would be "The General and Monsters" it doesn't make any sense, except if both songs are following each other. Both songs with different BPM and key signature? I doubt. And even if it was the case, why they would have been separated and renamed in the leak? There's only one song on Side B. Also, the cellphone clip contains some guitar harmony things during the chorus but these are not in the leaks. If someone ripped the vinyl, why only 1 people got it? Doesn't make any sense too. 

Then we have the tweet "The General is a monster" because The General and Monsters are one. 

What we have are the first recordings of 2 songs which later became 1 song.

This is just my guess obviously. 

Edited by kitstuai

14 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

Gotta say I'm kinda baffled that after probably a decade of abstinence from here and lots of lurking the last few months I managed to spend exactly this evening on here. Amazing.

We're a happy family, aren't we?

Did you have a Burt Reynolds avatar back in the day?

45 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Is this definitely the Slash/Duff version? I don’t get Slash vibes from it.

Absolutely love Monsters!

I definitely hear Slash on there, he sounds fucking great, but it sounds very nugnr to me overall, which i'm really pleased about.

-10                               11-10        -

-      6     8-9                                  -

-                      8-7                         -                      6-7-8-7

-                                                    -       4-5-6-5                 6-7-8-7-6-0

-                                                    -                                                          8-9-10

-                                                     -                                                                      ---slide---15

repeat The general intro tabs for4 those interested. worked them out a few mins after i heard the song

Edited by Miden34
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's not. Why the registered title would be "The General and Monsters" it doesn't make any sense, except if both songs are following each other. Both songs with different BPM and key signature? I doubt. Also, the cellphone clip contains some guitar harmony things during the chorus but these are not in the leaks. If someone ripped the vinyl, why only 1 people got it? Doesn't make any sense too. What we have are the first recordings of 2 songs which later became 1 song. 

Then we have the tweet "The General is a monster" because The General and Monsters are one. 

This is just my guess obviously. 

But it is clearly slash on the leaks. And they have all been taken down now on YT

2 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

-10                               11-10        -

-      6     8-9                                  -

-                      8-7                         -                      6-7-8-7

-                                                    -       4-5-6-5                 6-7-8-7-6-0

-                                                    -                                                          8-9-10

-                                                     -                                                                      ---slide---15

repeat The general intro tabs for4 those interested. worked them out a few mins after i heard the song

gonna work on monsters soonish

4 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

Anyone else think the distorted vocals in the chorus of general are very recent vocals? Ik Axl did falsetto in Chinese era but it sounds like his weak present day falsetto to me but it could just be the distortion. 

sounds like its from 2011-2014 era then also some from 2001 or 2002 imo

3 minutes ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

@Skamos66 Love the isolations thanks for that! Do you have a JPG of that sick album art on your soundcloud?

I can't link the discord or the soundcloud i was just informed.
Sorry to those that pissed off, just was trying to help 🤷, but if it is against the rules I will of course oblige.
also whoever the hell is continuing the WR account conspiracy from like 2021 please quit lol.

Edited by Skamos66