"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

I did some analysis of the "Final Master" version of the song.

It's just someone combining the songs, badly (added distortion, cuts off the highs by about 3k). Clips as well. Prob a ruse to get people to join discord.

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

Might actually be, but then Me and my Elvis is a complete different song

Which wouldn't be surprising.

Fan speculation turned into "fact" is how Me and My Elvis became Soul Monster. There was never a single word from anyone in the know that made the claim. It was simply an assumption based on the various working titles we heard about.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Yep. People also trying to promote their own crap channels by taking credit for shit they had nothing to do with.

Well the version that's claiming to be mixed and mastered sounds incredible. Way better than the first leak.

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Is this definitely the Slash/Duff version? I don’t get Slash vibes from it.

Absolutely love Monsters!

Monsters is def Slash. Parts of The General sound like him, too. Only the solo in The General trips me up. Sounds like Bucket. If it’s Slash, he’s playing really fast and clean

Love Slash’s work on Monsters

The General is growing on me, I love hearing that orchestral backing they we all heard during the CD tours so long ago. Somewhat feels like a blast from the past but the vocal choice/effect during the chorus is a bit jarring for me, maybe that will grow in time too

37 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

This band itself is a bi-polar disorder diagnosis.

Pathetic self promotion for a shitty discord channel.

There is no new leak, other than the real tracks we're listening to tonight.

This geek put together an edit and trying to pretend it's something else to get people to join his server.

Ignore the grift.

Edited by janrichmond
removed link
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, D4NNY said:

The General is growing on me, I love hearing that orchestral backing they we all heard during the CD tours so long ago. Somewhat feels like a blast from the past but the vocal choice/effect during the chorus is a bit jarring for me, maybe that will grow in time too

Reminded me of Matt Bellamy of Muse's vocals

To the mods, is nonstop plugging of one's own discord channel within the rules? Because this poster is getting pretty inistent about it and I can't be the only one seeing them going full-on clickbait (final master leaked, etc) to lure folks in

• Like 3

Just now, AtariLegend said:

Pathetic self promotion for a shitty discord channel.

There is no new leak, other than the real tracks we're listening tonight.

This geek put together an edit and trying to pretend it's something else to get people to join his server.

Ignore the grift.

Whatever he did to the song makes it sound a lot better, at least until we get an official version.

Monsters has a really simple structure for Axl. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus. I guess Hard Skool does too, but at least Monsters has more lyrics.

I also think it’s possible that Monsters = Soul Monster and Me and My Elvis was scrapped. The bridge matches up to what Axl alluded to, and the title would make for a wild coincidence 

17 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Yep. A 90s album. All of it.

It was all simply hyped too much. They didn't know when to stop and they were getting high on their own supply.

The CD sessions have some really good songs along with some turds but you're right. There's no massive song that was going to blow the world's mind.

Having said that, both these songs should've been on the album. Remove Scraped and Street of Dreams.

I love Street of Dreams and Scraped.

2 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Which wouldn't be surprising.

Fan speculation turned into "fact" is how Me and My Elvis became Soul Monster. There was never a single word from anyone in the know that made the claim. It was simply an assumption based on the various working titles we heard about.

something was said like: me and my elvis = elvis presley and the monster of soul = soul monster

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

To the mods, is nonstop plugging of one's own discord channel within the rules? Because this poster is getting pretty inistent about it and I can't be the only one seeing them going full-on clickbait (final master leaked, etc) to lure folks in

I blocked him awhile back. Worst poster I've ever seen here. Just pure incessant drivel.

• Like 2