Justin Hawkins on Perhaps

I’ve been following Justin Hawkins Rides Again for some time.  Not really a Darkness fan, but his insights on his channel are entertaining, and he has a cracking sense of humour.  Anyway, he’s put up his reaction to Perhaps.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • PERHAPS 1

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

he’s actually lived the life. He’s had records in the charts, he’s toured his wheels off… genuine article, unlike a lot of self-congratulatory YouTube guitar bros … cough cough… Rick Beato… 

This. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

You can tell Justin is a true blue pop and rock fan. He’s one of the few YouTube content-warriors I can stomach, as he’s actually lived the life. He’s had records in the charts, he’s toured his wheels off… genuine article, unlike a lot of self-congratulatory YouTube guitar bros … cough cough… Rick Beato… 

‘Last Of Our Kind’ is a tune too. 

What is a content-warrior

9 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

What is a content-warrior

Just a sarcastic term for this new breed of YouTuber/social media persona than pumps out this kind of content at a dizzying rate.

It’s less fun when you have to explain the joke. 

Edited by Billy Cundy

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Just a sarcastic term for this new breed of YouTuber/social media persona than pumps out this kind of content at a dizzying rate.

It’s less fun when you have to explain the joke. 

If it's not on Urban Dictionary, it's not enough of a "term". Hehe.

In other words a youtube-churner. Haha. :)

And yes, he's less of a "WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO FREELY MAKE MONEY OFF THE PROPERTY YOU OWN AND I DON'T!!!"-dude than Beato.

8 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

I like his channel, fun stuff to watch on my lunch breaks. Always a reasonable take, aside from his Chili Pepper hate....

I don't he hates RHCP, he just think Frisciante is a great guitarist... Although he doesn't argue that he's made some good songs, it's just the solos that are meh in his (and my) opinion. Although Scar tissue is a great solo 

Guess the discussion should be about his song analysis but... I also love the darkness! One of the only bands I support by buying their cds and they release albums pretty regularly. Not a jab at GNR but it's why lack of material doesn't bother me as much as some because bands like the darkness fill that need for me

• Like 1