Rock N' Roll Aint Easy

On 9/2/2023 at 2:47 AM, Gunner Gilby said:

I really like it. This Don't Look Like Vegas, I Celebrate and Dirty Bomb are my favourite tracks. Dizzy's got a surprisingly good voice. The albums both melodic and hard rocking. I like to listen to this and Gilby's The Gospel Truth album back to back. Both great fun albums.

I agree, I love both albums. The Gilby one is one of his best ones every imo.

• Like 2

I decided to give this a listen after reading this thread and... I didn't hear anything great on it.

I mean, it's not terrible, but aside from some nice piano that kind of differentiate it from being just bland hard rock, it's, well, bland. But good on Dizzy that he makes and releases music, I guess.

The voice was a surprise and, for some inexplicable reason, I can't picture it coming from Dizzy :lol: Maybe GN'R should use his background vocals more.

22 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

I really like Crestfallen and Fragile Water. Who plays guitar on these?

Fortus and Alex Grossi on both, Bumblefoot also on Fragile Water:

https://www.discogs.com/release/12182165-Dizzy-Reed-Rock-N-Roll-Aint-Easy

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:23 PM, Martin Riggs said:

Was there one called “Air” on his MySpace back in the day? I recall liking that. Does anyone know if that turned into a different song?

don't know if it turned into a different song, but I remember Air being on Dizzy's myspace. I like this tune, very Bowie inspired. Dizzy is a good singer.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:23 PM, Martin Riggs said:

Was there one called “Air” on his MySpace back in the day? I recall liking that. Does anyone know if that turned into a different song?

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

don't know if it turned into a different song, but I remember Air being on Dizzy's myspace. I like this tune, very Bowie inspired. Dizzy is a good singer.

According to Dizzy here, The Air turned into Fragile Water:

https://wallofsoundau.com/2018/02/14/dizzy-reed-nearly-crestfallen-but-sticking-to-his-guns-audio-interview/

• Thanks 3

On 9/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

You think every Slash & Myles album, and every Izzy album, are better? No way dude. 

Yes I do think that Believe in Me is a mess. And all of Izzy’s albums are better than anything Slash has put out. Only Contraband and It’s 5 O’Clock come close IMO. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This is a discussion about Dizzy Reed's solo album, not Izzy vs Slash's albums 

No shit, thanks for the heads up. I’ll repeat it for those in the back: Dizzys album is the second worst of all the Guns related solo albums IMO. The worst being Believe in Me