New Limited Edition Greatest Hits. Clear/Gold Vinyl.

On 9/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, jackparker123 said:

Lies is debatable, but many people consider it a studio album.

Which is kinda strange, as Lies' acoustic studio half has only about 20min of length, and an "album" starts at about 25min. Anything under that is basically an EP or a single. Plus. since the other 15 minutes are live songs, they don't really fit into the "studio" part. Yes, I know they're fake live songs, so yeah, that might be where things get really hazy :lol:

On 9/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, Slugworth said:

In what universe was the 2000 version of Hard School a hit?

This I Love or Better? When were they hits? Even if we pretend they were, how are they bigger hits than anything from 87-93 and would warrant inclusion on an 8 song GH?

Better and TIL have both done very well in streaming over the years, tbf.

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

An 'uber casual' fan won't bother with a vinyl to discover a popular band like GNR. He'll check them out on Youtube. This is not the 70s.

So I believe the target for this rather pointless release is the die hard fans who are collectors as well.

If it only comes out on vinyl, sure. But I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about Apple Music and Spotify etc. If it comes out via the normal streaming channels, that's (new casual fans) pretty much the only people it will appeal to.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:17 PM, Slugworth said:

Tracklist

1. Welcome To The Jungle (Side A)
2. Sweet Child O’ Mine (Side A)
3. Patience (Side A)
4. Paradise City (Side A)
5. You Could Be Mine (Side B)
6. Don’t Cry (Original Version) (Side B)
7. November Rain (2022 Version) (Side B)
8. Hard Skool (Side B)

the-golden-girl-laughing-hysterically-gc

"Picture it....Sicily, 2023......still no new album."

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DSTK said:

There won't be 

Nope, you’re right.

Quick first impressions: it’s not a need, it’s a want (for those who actually want it.) 

Hard Skool definitely sounds better on a standard LP, and hearing it play right after the 2022 November Rain is just kind of funny to me. Also, the packaging is great… really sturdy cardboard, metallic finish.

The vinyl design itself leaves a lot to be desired, definitely people are gonna get different variations of the gold within the clear, and mine is not the prettiest. Also am thinking of exchanging it for another copy cause the “R” side label has a ding on it (the “H” in “Hard Skool” is practically non-existent… also funny to note that the song is credited to “GNR,” and not any specific members of the band.)

I’ll post pictures when I have a chance, but this is a solid 7/10. Had it been priced at maybe 30/40 bucks tops, I’d bump it up to an 8.

Edited by GNRRHCP98

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, bmus1 said:

Did anyone get this? :lol:

Poster above clearly did....but I have no idea why anyone would buy it really. A worse version of the Greatest Hits with less tracks for more money? 

I think most people would give it a swerve. 

• Like 1