New Limited Edition Greatest Hits. Clear/Gold Vinyl.

• janrichmond changed the title to New Limited Edition Greatest Hits. Clear/Gold Vinyl.

Well... at least they're all originals 😄 2LP version has 15 songs but 5 of them are covers. With Civil War and Yesterdays it would be the original 2004 CD version minus the cover songs. But then the runtime probably would make it too long for vinyl. 

Aerosmith has a another new Greatest Hits out now with options 1LP, 2LP and 4LP versions. This 1LP version reminds me of their 1LP version that's very bare-bones, only 10 songs.

Too bad there's no 4LP version of GNRs Greatest Hits. 

Edited by tboneman
  • Like 2

It's available on the US site as well.

In the states, it ships on September 29th, so only two weeks from today. Like the banned AFD cover that started shipping last week, this vinyl version is limited to 3,000 copies.

https://gnrmerch.com/products/greatest-hits-exclusive-numbered-color-lp

I preordered cause I’m a vinyl addict lol.

Interesting choice with “Hard Skool.” You would think since Greatest Hits is about the singles, they’d slip in “Chinese Democracy.” But if it’s a new mix, that’ll be cool. (Hell, “Perhaps” should’ve been a good contender for a “greatest hit” if we’re going by their logic :lol:)

5 hours ago, quikspade said:

It’s a cool piece but $50? I could see 20 for a single LP, 30 would be pushing it. Side note, the label on the vinyl itself has the AFD tracklist listed, not the GH.

I caught that too… and yeah, the price is admittedly bonkers. Hopefully the quality of the pressing/packaging blows me away… the Use Your Illusion colored vinyl set I got last year was fantastically done, so my expectations are high. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

They reduced the number of tracks, made it 1 LP instead of 2, and are charging $11 more for the lesser version. The 2LP version is still in their store for $44. That's some great Fermanagement.

Oh gosh, not you got me worried how much they will sell this supposed “Atlas” EP for. 

Nothing says “happy holidays” like a wallet full of cobwebs! :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Oh gosh, not you got me worried how much they will sell this supposed “Atlas” EP for. 

Nothing says “happy holidays” like a wallet full of cobwebs! :lol:

I don't know why people are going with this Atlas EP rumour, but even if they release an album/EP, we'll still get less than 10 songs for about $50 :lol:

• Haha 1

This band really has some of the worst merchandising of all time. Everything is so incredibly overpriced and low quality. I bought a vip ticket for the second Vegas show in 2016. It came with a limited edition litho which was decent but not great and a bunch of the cheapest made merch you could ever imagine. 

Hard Skool should not be on that album. It already got its own EP and is an extremely average GNR song. It’s going to be so jarring listening to those other iconic tracks and suddenly hard Skool starts with its incredibly cheesy school bell. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, tboneman said:

Well... at least they're all originals 😄 2LP version has 15 songs but 5 of them are covers. With Civil War and Yesterdays it would be the original 2004 CD version minus the cover songs. But then the runtime probably would make it too long for vinyl. 

Aerosmith has a another new Greatest Hits out now with options 1LP, 2LP and 4LP versions. This 1LP version reminds me of their 1LP version that's very bare-bones, only 10 songs.

Too bad there's no 4LP version of GNRs Greatest Hits. 

I had the same optimistic observation regarding a compilation with zero covers

• Like 1

Jesus 😂

They're following the rolling stones by re releasing a tweeked greatest hits for the 63rd time 

Let's hope Hard Skool is a new mix

They should do a best of, not a hits ! Stick perhaps and the general on and make it a seller , slash versions of the Chinese stuff they play and their biggest hits ...it's simple unless you're a useless turd called Fernando 

• PERHAPS 1