New Limited Edition Greatest Hits. Clear/Gold Vinyl.

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I wonder who except collectors buys a GNR greatest hits in any form or shape? They got four albums and an EP, five if you count TSI which is a cover album. You can basically get their entire catalogue on Ebay for less than half the price of a new CD and make your own best of.

Reminds me of The Doors. They have a ton of greatest hits compilations, but only nine studio albums. It's like going to the cinema and see only trailers instead of full length movies. GNR needs to be experienced live and through their full length albums.

The album sold over 10 mil to be fair.  It's one of the top 250 selling albums of all time iirc 

5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I wonder who except collectors buys a GNR greatest hits in any form or shape? They got four albums and an EP, five if you count TSI which is a cover album. You can basically get their entire catalogue on Ebay for less than half the price of a new CD and make your own best of.

Guns N' Roses has 6 studio albums.

I get it though, some Star Wars fans say there's only 6 movies, others say 3. Some say 9. Some count ALL of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Maybe it has Robin and Bucket pats intact 

Maybe my grandma shits rainbow sherbet.

3 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

would've been a great idea to include Better or This I Love, maybe There Was a Time or Madagascar even, but nah it wouldn't make any sense to shine spotlight on Chinese Democracy to get casual fans interested, nah, lets just let them hear SCOM again again again again again again again again, and maybe one more time again after doing it again, again.

Its like this band just wants to be a one-hit wonder lmao

It's like some people don't understand the concept of "greatest hits".  I always thought the title gave it away.  Not much room for interpretation.

Is this a GNR thing or across the board? Does anyone want a Chicago greatest hits that excludes the 1970s-80s material?

7 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Maybe my grandma shits rainbow sherbet.

It's like some people don't understand the concept of "greatest hits".  I always thought the title gave it away.  Not much room for interpretation.

Is this a GNR thing or across the board? Does anyone want a Chicago greatest hits that excludes the 1970s-80s material?

The concept of a greatest hits album not including any of the greatest hits certainly is an idea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slugworth said:

People always confuse Greatest Hits with Best Of or The Essential etc. 

GNR should do what Cheap Trick did when their record company released The Greatest Hits without any of bands input on the tracklist. They then some years later released their own version called Authorized Greatest Hits. 

They must have some kind of internal metrics/sales figures to justify this release, i.e. ~3000 people who will buy anything Guns N' Roses if it has "Limited Edition" slapped on it. Think I paid £3 at a charity shop for the "Strictly Limited Edition" VHS of the Garden of Eden music video which I think I've since lost in a move :P

4 minutes ago, tboneman said:

GNR should do what Cheap Trick did when their record company released The Greatest Hits without any of bands input on the tracklist. They then some years later released their own version called Authorized Greatest Hits. 

There were plans for that around 2006: http://www.troccolitm.com/CDVol2Great.html

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Guns N' Roses has 6 studio albums.

I get it though, some Star Wars fans say there's only 6 movies, others say 3. Some say 9. Some count ALL of them.

AFD, UYI 1, UYI 2, CD = 4 albums

Lies = 1 EP (technically it was two 4-track EP's combined into one 8-track EP)

TSI = cover album

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

AFD, UYI 1, UYI 2, CD = 4 albums

Lies = 1 EP (technically it was two 4-track EP's combined into one 8-track EP)

TSI = cover album

Lies is debatable, but many people consider it a studio album.

The Illusion albums are definitely two studio albums, they were marketed and sold as such.

A covers album is still considered a studio album, just obviously not featuring new material.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Amir said:

They must have some kind of internal metrics/sales figures to justify this release, i.e. ~3000 people who will buy anything Guns N' Roses if it has "Limited Edition" slapped on it. Think I paid £3 at a charity shop for the "Strictly Limited Edition" VHS of the Garden of Eden music video which I think I've since lost in a move :P

There were plans for that around 2006: http://www.troccolitm.com/CDVol2Great.html

Loved the cover and disc art on this one. Too bad it never came out. 

I'd be willing to bet, though, in a few years there will be a set similar to this that runs through the entire catalog.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, Spike Killer said:

Speaking of vinyl, has Lies been re-released recently?  Is it only available in the big box?

Greatest Hits was my first purchase.  What makes it unique now is Sympathy for the Devil, which didn't have a wide release.

Lies will never be reissued because of One in a Million.  All the other tracks were remastered and released in the locked and loaded box though.

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Lies will never be reissued because of One in a Million.  All the other tracks were remastered and released in the locked and loaded box though.

They could always reissued it without One in a Million. Maybe even with Move to the City (1988 Acoustic Version) added instead. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nintari said:

Must be for the uber casual fan who's just discovering the band.

An 'uber casual' fan won't bother with a vinyl to discover a popular band like GNR. He'll check them out on Youtube. This is not the 70s.

So I believe the target for this rather pointless release is the die hard fans who are collectors as well.

• Like 1