New Limited Edition Greatest Hits. Clear/Gold Vinyl.

“Limited” vinyl cash grab. They threw on Hard Skool to make it different than the normal GH. I personally don’t own GH on any format and won’t start now. It’s funny because every member had problems with its release back in 2004 

They haven’t sold out of the AFD banned cover yet (which actually looks great and it’s foiled which the description doesn’t tell you). If you want something a little unique, grab that one. It displays well 

This one will probably sit for a while 

I'm not even sure if a better mix and master will help 2021 Hard Skool. My guess is they didn't make any changes to it. The whole song would need to be rearranged or restored to a previous version prior to NITL, with their additions more carefully brought into it, if at all. Terrible drums, dumb cowbell, mostly uninspired Slash guitars, etc. At least Absurd had the framework of Silkworms and fairly fitting new guitars, though poorly mixed and mastered.

I hope future re-worked CD-era material is treated more like Perhaps was, or better yet, not touched at all by NITL members.

• ABSUЯD 2

5 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

“Limited” vinyl cash grab. They threw on Hard Skool to make it different than the normal GH. I personally don’t own GH on any format and won’t start now. It’s funny because every member had problems with its release back in 2004 

They haven’t sold out of the AFD banned cover yet (which actually looks great and it’s foiled which the description doesn’t tell you). If you want something a little unique, grab that one. It displays well 

This one will probably sit for a while 

What do you mean by foil? The lettering being foiled or the whole cover being printed on metallic stock?

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe if it was the 2000 version. This I Love or Better should have been considered before Hard Skool 2021. 

In what universe was the 2000 version of Hard School a hit?

This I Love or Better? When were they hits? Even if we pretend they were, how are they bigger hits than anything from 87-93 and would warrant inclusion on an 8 song GH?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slugworth said:

This I Love or Better? When were they hits? Even if we pretend they were, how are they bigger hits than anything from 87-93 and would warrant inclusion on an 8 song GH?

If Hard Skool 2021 is a "hit" based on the inclusion of it, Better easily should have been there, or in it's place. :D 

I bet Perhaps wasn't ready by the time they pressed those records, otherwise I would imagine it would have been included over Hard Pass. 

Geez, that's bad. 

Amazing that they can release stuff like this, which almost seems like it's been studiously made to ensure I won't give them money......but stuff I want, and would happily pay for music-wise, just never happens. 

Releasing a shoddy 8 track greatest hits album while we're all clamouring for new stuff, or even Perhaps in a decent quality format, is just bewildering.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm not even sure if a better mix and master will help 2021 Hard Skool. My guess is they didn't make any changes to it. The whole song would need to be rearranged or restored to a previous version prior to NITL, with their additions more carefully brought into it, if at all. Terrible drums, dumb cowbell, mostly uninspired Slash guitars, etc. At least Absurd had the framework of Silkworms and fairly fitting new guitars, though poorly mixed and mastered.

I hope future re-worked CD-era material is treated more like Perhaps was, or better yet, not touched at all by NITL members.

Maybe it has Robin and Bucket pats intact 

• GNFNR 1

I wonder who except collectors buys a GNR greatest hits in any form or shape? They got four albums and an EP, five if you count TSI which is a cover album. You can basically get their entire catalogue on Ebay for less than half the price of a new CD and make your own best of.

Reminds me of The Doors. They have a ton of greatest hits compilations, but only nine studio albums. It's like going to the cinema and see only trailers instead of full length movies. GNR needs to be experienced live and through their full length albums.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arnuld said:

This band really has some of the worst merchandising of all time. Everything is so incredibly overpriced and low quality. I bought a vip ticket for the second Vegas show in 2016. It came with a limited edition litho which was decent but not great and a bunch of the cheapest made merch you could ever imagine. 

Hard Skool should not be on that album. It already got its own EP and is an extremely average GNR song. It’s going to be so jarring listening to those other iconic tracks and suddenly hard Skool starts with its incredibly cheesy school bell. 

I bought that VIP package for the first show in Vegas, because it was the only option for pit by the time I was able to buy tickets. The mini litho is kind of cool, and they also sent a duffle bag, a hat, a pack of cards and maybe 1-2 other trinkets that I've never used. Totally not worth the extra $300~ I paid for the tickets, but I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to be in the pit at that show lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I bought that VIP package for the first show in Vegas, because it was the only option for pit by the time I was able to buy tickets. The mini litho is kind of cool, and they also sent a duffle bag, a hat, a pack of cards and maybe 1-2 other trinkets that I've never used. Totally not worth the extra $300~ I paid for the tickets, but I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to be in the pit at that show lol.

I bought it because I wanted floor seats. The only halfway decent thing was the litho. The dob kit, hat, duffel, ect…. was some of the cheapest chinese made shit ever!

• Like 1

would've been a great idea to include Better or This I Love, maybe There Was a Time or Madagascar even, but nah it wouldn't make any sense to shine spotlight on Chinese Democracy to get casual fans interested, nah, lets just let them hear SCOM again again again again again again again again, and maybe one more time again after doing it again, again.

Its like this band just wants to be a one-hit wonder lmao

Edited by Skamos66

If we're still a way off a new studio album why don't they release a new double best of on CD. They could have songs from Chinese Democracy, Oh My God, Absurd, Hard Skool Perhaps, Shadow Of Your Love, Move To The City (acoustic). A remastered version of Ain't Going Down as a previously unreleased track. 

That would be way better than this.

• Like 3