THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

9 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

So why were the tracks separated? 

Also like we ALLLLLL keep saying, the registration came out for "The General and Monsters" 5 days before we got the leak. On a legal document, the two entities would need to be listed as sperate. "the General" and "Monsters". not "The General and Monsters". if its registered as one phrase, its one song. thats just legal fact. 

5 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Isn't it easier to listen to just 1 song? 

no. i dont wanna listen to all of the general to listen to monsters. i dont .like the general half much

Edited by Miden34

I really like both songs, but The General is growing on me the more I listen to it. I think all the different varying parts of the song are really interesting and in every listen there's something new that get's me excited. The end of The General where you can´t always know if it´s Axl screaming or guitar playing is awesome. It's like vocals and guitar melting in to one.

1 minute ago, Slugworth said:

No he didn't.

Those two vinyl experts said it was impossible to put the songs on a 7".

Ive seen you on Hoffman unless that's someone else using the same username.

CDs exist now.

Jesus Christ.

I have to move on from this idiocy. You win. It's impossible to put this on 7", no one had standards in the 90s, this leak hasn't had a mix, and his vocals aren't compressed.

I bow down to your vinyl and audio expertise.

Actuallly it's my job. If you can't recognize a rough mix from a real mix that's not my problem. 

4 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

Also like we ALLLLLL keep saying, the trademark came out for "The General and Monsters" 5 days before we got the leak. On a legal document, the two entities would need to be listed as sperate. "the General" and "Monsters". not "The General and Monsters". if its trademarked as one phrase, its one song. thats just legal fact. 

no. i dont wanna listen to all of the general to listen to monsters. i dont .like the general half much

Lol but if the artist made the song like this you have to respect the way its made, why splitting the song

• Like 1

Just now, kitstuai said:

Lol but if the artist made the song like this you have to respect the way its made, why splitting the song

the only reason i dont mind, is i dont wanna listen to all of the general before hearing monsters. and when i go on walks i just wanna push play and go not fuddle around with fast forwarding all the way to monsters

1 minute ago, kitstuai said:

i do appreciate your respect for the song though 

Just now, kitstuai said:

You do realise what we have is an illegitimate leak, right? It's never going to be perfect; split or not, compressed or not, a second or two too long etc.

You're literally debating the merits of dodgy files we aren't supposed to have when there's official, legal documentation proving they're two halves of the same piece

• Like 2

i always enjoy a lil passive aggression it fuels me xD lul :bitchfight:

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

You do realise what we have is an illegitimate leak, right? It's never going to be perfect; split or not, compressed or not, a second or two too long etc.

You're literally debating the merits of dodgy files we aren't supposed to have when there's official, legal documentation proving they're two halves of the same piece

your debut album should be "When Level Heads Prevail" xD

9 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

The more I listen to the general, the more I think the voice is heavily distorted and filtered cause it was recorded in different periods. 
It would make sense and to be honest some part of it do sound a little like Mickey axl 

Like most of the early Chinese demos...

Edited by colonizedmind

4 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

i always enjoy a lil passive aggression it fuels me xD lul :bitchfight:

your debut album should be "When Level Heads Prevail" xD

It's just common sense 🤷‍♂️ 

Too many people on here put two and two together and get five 😂

16 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

No he didn't.

Those two vinyl experts said it was impossible to put the songs on a 7".

Ive seen you on Hoffman unless that's someone else using the same username.

Same user, yes. 

We're splitting hairs whether it's impossible or inadvisable.  Either way, there was a lack of nuance on either side of this "debate."   I would wager that neither side making an argument had knowledge of the exact limitations of the format prior to posting.

In any case, the Guns camp clearly realized this, as well, as the initial pressing wasn't up to the standard they wanted to offer.

Edited by oneway23

Just now, oneway23 said:

Same user, yes. 

We're splitting hairs whether it's impossible or inadvisable.  Either way, there was a lack of nuance on either side of this "debate."   I would wager that neither side making an argument had knowledge of the limitations of the format prior to posting.

In any case, the Guns camp clearly realized this, as the initial pressing wasn't up too the standard they wanted to offer.

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

It's just common sense 🤷‍♂️ 

Too many people on here put two and two together and get five 😂

2+2= potat xD

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Yes, or it's proving it's just a song called The General and Monsters which will be a mix between the 2 leaks and just not those 2 songs following each other. We don't know, it's just my theory

Not to throw my hat into the "whose playing guitar" discussion... but to my ears it's Buckethead in the outro of the General, Slash throughout Monsters, and Fortus at the tail end of Monsters.

The General outro is pretty consistent with Bucket's wah sound/tone, fast picking, and half bends he does. I'm surprised so many people are 100% convinced it's Slash (which it very well could be)

• Like 1

After listening to the General a handful of times the second half of it is up there with some of the best stuff on Chinese. Especially from the orchestra bridge onward. I could have done without the whole daddy don’t part. 

Monsters (Soul Monster) fits seamlessly into the CD canon. The Bridge is so angry it’s almost cathartic to listen to. 

7 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Not to throw my hat into the "whose playing guitar" discussion... but to my ears it's Buckethead in the outro of the General, Slash throughout Monsters, and Fortus at the tail end of Monsters.

The General outro is pretty consistent with Bucket's wah sound/tone, fast picking, and half bends he does. I'm surprised so many people are 100% convinced it's Slash (which it very well could be)

If that was the case though wouldn't Bucket be listed in the writing credits?