THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Where’s the post about the meta data being in 2006?

2 hours ago, Miden34 said:

they are both digital leaks, not from the vinyl. someone release the generals original demo, then release the general (and monsters) the finished product with it. 

Edited by Miden34
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

Its was a gentleman  who made a video talking about the leaks and the authenticity of them. So i checked out the song and i could for sure find the 48.1kHz. i didnt see a 2006 date myself. but again, the audio quilty CAN NOT be ripped that high from a vinyl. 

The highest frequency recorded will depend on the track velocity and the size of the needle. Mechanically then, LPs cannot record much beyond 10 kHz without using a smaller-than-standard stylus. In fact the cutoff of frequencies recorded today is around 24 kHz.

they are both leaks, not from the vinyl. someone release the generals original demo, then release the general (and monsters) the finished product with it. 

"Monsters" is soooo different (imo at least) to The General.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

Its was a gentleman  who made a video talking about the leaks and the authenticity of them. So i checked out the song and i could for sure find the 48.1kHz. i didnt see a 2006 date myself. but again, the audio quilty CAN NOT be ripped that high from a vinyl. 

The highest frequency recorded will depend on the track velocity and the size of the needle. Mechanically then, LPs cannot record much beyond 10 kHz without using a smaller-than-standard stylus. In fact the cutoff of frequencies recorded today is around 24 kHz.

they are both digital leaks, not from the vinyl. someone release the generals original demo, then release the general (and monsters) the finished product with it. 

Well, maybe then it’s someone who got the NITL mixes.

There are many people, multiple who are musicians and guitarists, saying they swear on their life and are 1000% sure it’s Slash, etc. I’m inclined to believe them because these are users who have been around awhile and have no real reason to lie. And it doesn’t sound like any other CD guitarist to me. Not Finck, not Bucket, definitely not Bumble or Ashba. Besides maybe the end of Monsters which is probably Fortus. If it’s not Slash, which it’s pretty clear it is, then who?

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

7 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

they are both leaks, not from the vinyl. someone release the generals original demo, then release the general (and monsters) the finished product with it. 

You are confusing frequency range with sample rate 

• Like 2

Just now, Coma16 said:

What about the lyrics?

who knows. all im saying, is the general is an old demo, and monsters is the only song we get on the vinyl. whether they rename it to The General (And monsters) i dont know but everything on their offfcial sites is "The General". So im pretty positive we only get Monsters. cause its the finished general. 

2 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

You are confusing frequency range with sample rate 

its to high to have been from vinyl. enough said. thats just a fact

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Well, maybe then it’s someone who got the NITL mixes.

There are many people, multiple who are musicians and guitarists, saying they swear on their life and are 1000% sure it’s Slash, etc. I’m inclined to believe them because these are users who have been around awhile and have no real reason to lie. And it doesn’t sound like any other CD guitarist to me. Not Finck, not Bucket, definitely not Bumble or Ashba. Besides maybe the end of Monsters which is probably Fortus. If it’s not Slash, which it’s pretty clear it is, then who?

i haze ZERO reason to lie and i was on NewGnr back in the mid 00s so i know my shit. 

1 minute ago, Miden34 said:

who knows. all im saying, is the general is an old demo, and monsters is the only song we get on the vinyl. whether they rename it to The General (And monsters) i dont know but everything on their offfcial sites is "The General". So im pretty positive we only get Monsters. cause its the finished general. 

Or we get an updated The General, and we get this version of Monsters on the next 7" / EP / LP

I don't think the possibility of these being vinyl rips can be ruled out based on them being 44.1kHz. It's technically very possible. When a vinyl is ripped the output file format will be whatever the user chooses. There is nothing preventing a vinyl rip being saved as a 44bit/96kHz FLAC, in fact it's quite common. 

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-digitise-your-vinyl-collection

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miden34 said:

i haze ZERO reason to lie and i was on NewGnr back in the mid 00s so i know my shit. 

I’m not saying you have any reason to lie at all. I apologize if it came off that way. However, more people than not who also had no reason to lie are saying in mass that it’s Slash, versus a handful of people who disagree, so it’s easier to trust the majority opinion here.

If you’re right, you’re right, but I’m not seeing the proof currently. But I will at least say if you’re correct about the quality then it’s an internal leaker and not a vinyl rip.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not saying you have any reason to lie at all. I apologize if it came off that way. However, more people than not who also had no reason to lie are saying in mass that it’s Slash, versus a handful of people who disagree, so it’s easier to trust the majority opinion here.

If you’re right, you’re right, but I’m not seeing the proof currently. But I will at least say if you’re correct about the quality then it’s an internal leaker and not a vinyl rip.

I appreciate that i didnt take your comment before the wrong way you're all good my friend. 

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I don't think the possibility of these being vinyl rips can be ruled out based on them being 44.1kHz. It's technically very possible. When a vinyl is ripped the output file format will be whatever the user chooses. There is nothing preventing a vinyl rip being saved as a 44bit/96kHz FLAC, in fact it's quite common. 

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-digitise-your-vinyl-collection

I 1000% confident in what i said and that the leaks ARE NOT from vinyl and we DO NOT EVER get the general in the form we got. we get monsters as the general

9 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

its to high to have been from vinyl. enough said. thats just a fact

The facts? Sample rates (44.1 / 48 / 96 etc) are used during the digital to analog convertion process

Vinyl is 100% analog, what do you want to sample? 

you can "rip" a vinyl to 48Khz, but the default setting for every audio unit is 44.1 because 48 is mostly used with sound + image, so there's no chance the vinyl is ripped to 48Khz

anyway there are no vinyl noises or crackle and that's enought to say it's not from it

Edited by kitstuai
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kitstuai said:

The facts? Sample rates (44.1 / 48 / 96 etc) are used during the digital to analog convertion process

Vinyl is 100% analog, what do you want to sample? 

you can "rip" a vinyl to 48Khz, but the default setting for every audio unit is 44.1 because 48 is mostly used with sound + image, so there's no chance the vinyl is ripped to 48Khz

anyway there are no vinyl noises or crackle and that's enought to say it's not from it

I 1000% confident in what i said and that the leaks ARE NOT from vinyl and we DO NOT EVER get the general in the form we got. we get monsters as the general

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m no expert on guitarists at all either, but if you played the original intro to Hard Skool to me back in the day, the bluesy metal sound I would 100% thought it was Slash, but maybe that’s just me

1 minute ago, Wabby said:

I’m no expert on guitarists at all either, but if you played the original intro to Hard Skool to me back in the day, the bluesy metal sound I would 100% thought it was Slash, but maybe that’s just me

i said the same thing about devious bastards. the bass is also very duff