My dream: Lies II Acoustic featuring Axl, Slash, Duff and Richard

They do a great version of Wichita Lineman and both Axl and Slash really shine on it. I'd have loved for them to have hit the studio and drop a recording of it for purchase/raise money for Alzheimer's etc not long after it was first unveiled but it wasn't to be. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I would love hear such an album.

Slash & Richard on the acoustic guitar, Duff on the acoustic bass, Brain on the drums, Axl & Dizzy on the piano, Mel on the percussions.

Two oiginals (new or old) and two covers. That would be a perfect EP.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

I agree that another Lies type of release would make sense for where the band is it today. That said, they probably wouldn’t do any naming conventions or artwork associated with Lies itself, as they’re clearly trying to distance themselves from One In A Million as much as possible now.

• Like 4

That would be amazing.  Wichita Lineman and maybe a few originals.. A semi acoustic cover of one of their own songs.. How hard can that be? Axl using his low voice... Or the mid range rasp he seemed to be able to find on "I feel Good".. That voice was very similar to some of the stuff on LIES.. 

• Like 4

On 11/4/2023 at 3:27 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I would love it

Gotta be said....from note one to note end Axl.is perfect on this and I love his vocal on this. His long notes are always great on it....last one is killer. I wish Patience was put in a 3 song mid show sofa acoustic set in future resigned shows....it would be both a throwback but also a play to strength!! We'd love it, right? 

How about this?

Lineman

Used To Love Her (Unplugged)

Crazy (Unplugged)

Nice Boys (Unplugged)

Patience

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Gotta be said....from note one to note end Axl.is perfect on this and I love his vocal on this. His long notes are always great on it....last one is killer. I wish Patience was put in a 3 song mid show sofa acoustic set in future resigned shows....it would be both a throwback but also a play to strength!! We'd love it, right? 

How about this?

Lineman

Used To Love Her (Unplugged)

Crazy (Unplugged)

Nice Boys (Unplugged)

Patience

You're Crazy 

You Ain't The First 

Patience

Wichita Lineman 

Knockin On Heaven's Door 

That would be my ideal acoustic set. It would also be cool as a first encore, cut the main set a little short then follow that with maybe SOYL and PC.

8 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

As long as it’s all original material I’m in for Lies 2.

I also still think they need to release a 2016 live album and blu-ray. 

I'd take a 2023 live over 16 all day long, longer & better setlist ..the only 2016 they should release is the troubadour show 

Release Glastonbury if it can be mixed properly, the BBC made a mess of it big time

On 11/4/2023 at 11:45 AM, rocknroll41 said:

I agree that another Lies type of release would make sense for where the band is it today. That said, they probably wouldn’t do any naming conventions or artwork associated with Lies itself, as they’re clearly trying to distance themselves from One In A Million as much as possible now.

IMG_2383.thumb.jpeg.e5b08b481209c392d88b54d6ab5d93c7.jpeghttps://gnrmerch.com/collections/music/products/lies-cd

3 hours ago, DSTK said:

I'd take a 2023 live over 16 all day long, longer & better setlist ..the only 2016 they should release is the troubadour show 

Release Glastonbury if it can be mixed properly, the BBC made a mess of it big time

I dunno man, Axl sounded way better in 16

Yeah I just would really love to hear a few new acoustic tunes. Maybe 3 new acoustic songs plus studio Wichita on side 1, then 4 live deep electric cuts on side 2. Wouldn’t be too much to ask? Just fun little acoustic songs like I Used to Love Her… the heavy industrial Chinese stuff with depressing topics has now been officially covered and that well is dry. Let’s get back to the roots…

• Like 1