Concerts in 2024

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Slash tickets acquired. Will get my Mdou Moctar tickets soon, too. 

Last year was packed for shows, but it looks like this year will be a quieter gig year. I'm pretty pumped for Sting in a small theater, the Slash blues festival, and Mdou Moctar, though. Those are three high- impact shows for me. 

On 2/29/2024 at 2:03 PM, username said:

I really liked that Afrique Victime album. Together with the tour they also announced a new album and launched the first single. That one takes some getting used to for me. Mostly because it feels very busy sonically. Very much going on, fast, all at once. I hope the album isn't that intense as a whole. :lol:

This is the new one: 

I dig it. It is pretty heavy for him. I am sure it was influenced by the current events in Niger. 

• Like 1

I have tickets for:

Sweden Rock Festival 4-days (FFDP, Parkway Drive, Megadeth, Journey, Bruce Dickinson, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, plus many more) June 5-8

Metallica June 16 Copenhagen 

Europe (the band) June 27

Can’t wait for June 🤗

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Got Buckethead tickets. Really interested to see what kind of shows he'll be doing with this band he's assembled...

Buckethead June 5

Rolling Stones July 5

Slash's Serpent Festival July 8

He has a band this time?

Got myself some slash tickets and also some for the war on drugs. It’s shaping up to be a good concert summer:

04.04. Dave Matthew’s Band - Cologne

08.04. SMKC - Dusseldorf

17.05. AC/DC - Gelsenkirchen

17.07. War On Drugs - Horsens, DK

04.08. AC/DC - Hannover

On 3/21/2024 at 5:24 PM, rocknroll41 said:

He has a band this time?

Brewer, likely on bass again. A singer named Madeline who apparently will only sing a few songs with him each night (I guess she's also the opening act?) And someone named Juno/Netlag who plays synths. Not sure about a drummer...

It's almost a year away, but Sum 41 are playing my city so I got tickets for them... was actually on a bit of a nostalgia kick a week ago and listened to their album Chuck, it's better than I remembered...

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Brewer, likely on bass again. A singer named Madeline who apparently will only sing a few songs with him each night (I guess she's also the opening act?) And someone named Juno/Netlag who plays synths. Not sure about a drummer...

It's almost a year away, but Sum 41 are playing my city so I got tickets for them... was actually on a bit of a nostalgia kick a week ago and listened to their album Chuck, it's better than I remembered...

Is there any word on him possibly also touring Europe? 

17 minutes ago, username said:

Is there any word on him possibly also touring Europe? 

I really doubt it, he doesn't even come to Canada anymore, the closest he's coming to me is Seattle... doubt he'll tour outside the US again (maybe at this point insurance is more expensive than it's worth, with his health/heart issues? Idk.)

Saw The Orwells a few nights ago. Great show! Got to also hang out with the band before and after the gig for a bit. They were really nice. I know they’ve made mistakes in the past, but they seem to have grown a lot now.

Seeing Green Day and the Pumpkins in August, and then Weezer in September. Might also see Metallica and Pantera in august too, but that one isn’t set in stone for me just yet.

Last Saturday, I went to a Sunn O))) concert, which was one of the strangest and coolest concert experiences I've ever had. They gave you ear plugs to wear during the concert, as it's hand down the loudest concert in existence. No questions asked. You put the ear plugs and just stand there feeling the guitars through you body. Every chord they struck felt like you were trembling from the inside. Some people just laid down and meditated through the whole concert. It was amazing.

Screenshot2024-04-09at09_06_46.png.05373ffa891952fc01119dd9820af85a.png

Yesterday, went to a Judas Priest concert. Probably the best (or second best, maybe) concert I've been to since I moved to France (not sure if Ghost came before). Fuck, Rob Halford is a GOD. So fucking epic. It's so hard to believe someone can sing this well at this age. Perhaps (and probably) even more than Bruce Dickinson. Amazing concert. Great set. Loved it.

Screenshot2024-04-09at09_06_54.png.dc2646b5bf17dc29d3b85a71f1d4b6e8.png

• Like 1

So far, I've seen (all in Buenos Aires, Argentina):

- Slash

- Mono (post-rock from Japan. Amazing band).

I had tickets for Morrissey but he cancelled.

I also have tickets for Rammstein in Barcelona, Spain.

Planning to see (in Buenos Aires):

- Megadeth

- Interpol

- Twin Tribes

- Jinjer

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 11:31 PM, luciusfunk said:

Just got tickets to see Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, and Rancid in September. It'll be my son's first concert.

Well my friend had to cancel on me, so last minute change of plans and Adam Ant and The English Beat on Tuesday night was my son's first concert. He slept through The English Beat (he's still working on getting into music that's not video game related), but about two songs into Adam Ant, he leaned over and said to me "Ok it's official. I like Adam Ant!"