Live and Let Die 7” - Original UK pressing

Since I Don’t Have You 7” - Original UK pressing

I have a few bootlegs here not many maybe 4-5 

What I have in storage:

(That I can remember) 

Patience 7” - Original UK pressing

Sweet Child 10” - Original UK pressing

Yesterday's 12” Picture Disc - Original UK pressing

6-8 bootleg vinyls of gigs from the 80s & 90s. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Got my Perhaps/General 7" today, Perhaps sounds fine but I can't believe they released the General with the clipping bass drum... :facepalm:

I looked through my other 7" records, I've got a Fall To Pieces/Slither promo and a Loaded split single. Anyone remember this song?

Yea, I have that 7” as well. The song is decent enough to have been an album track. 

you all are making me want to make a list of all my Guns vinyl!

• Like 1

I started collecting vinyls this black friday when I bought UYI Boxset for 120 euros! Since then I bought Appetite for Destruction UK 1988 pressing and a few Tom Petty albums.

Two days ago I bought an used Pioneer PL-2 record player. Its from the 80s and nothing fancy but wow! For me it was a great experience listening to UYI live records on vinyl. I thought they sounded much clearer than trough Deezer with max settings.

Next I would need to invest to a proper record player. Byebye money :D vinyl is an expensive hobby even if you buy second hand.

On 12/24/2023 at 3:46 AM, ZoSoRose said:

I’d kill for a 3-4 LP set from 2016 or even 2017 NITL. Can’t believe none exist- official or unofficial. :(

There's plenty of soundboard & IEM shows from 16 onwards, best you'll get is flac burned onto cd though 

28 minutes ago, DSTK said:

There's plenty of soundboard & IEM shows from 16 onwards, best you'll get is flac burned onto cd though 

Well, only a couple from 2016, which means most of what we have sucks :lol:

I'd love a live record from 2016 but I'd pass if it was from 2018 onward... they couldn't release just Houston 2016 (because of November Rain) but a compilation of Houston/Arlington, or even the NA leg in general, would be great.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd love a live record from 2016 but I'd pass if it was from 2018 onward... they couldn't release just Houston 2016 (because of November Rain) but a compilation of Houston/Arlington, or even the NA leg in general, would be great.

I think the only IEMs from 2016 are the first two Vegas shows. Better than nothing

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think the only IEMs from 2016 are the first two Vegas shows. Better than nothing

Of course. I was at those shows and I'm glad to have such a high quality recording of them, but the NA tour was another level. At least we got a couple songs from Houston, Coachella, Mexico, etc.

But a compilation with WTTJ from Detroit, RQ from Houston, This I Love from Seattle, OTGM and My Michelle with Steven... they could release a legitimately great live album from that leg if they wanted to.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Of course. I was at those shows and I'm glad to have such a high quality recording of them, but the NA tour was another level. At least we got a couple songs from Houston, Coachella, Mexico, etc.

But a compilation with WTTJ from Detroit, RQ from Houston, This I Love from Seattle, OTGM and My Michelle with Steven... they could release a legitimately great live album from that leg if they wanted to.

I agree. I was at the first Vegas show and then I caught 2 stadium shows on the NA leg. Vegas was awesome and the stadium gigs were even better

i agree, I’d be very hyped for a 2016 compilation album called NITL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I suppose the best of what we have is LA Forum 17, both Vegas 16 are played at a million mhp, too fast ic a tempo , the selects were shit upto a point , Apollo NY mixed by a child & the IEM of San Diego is ok , Iceland tragic & milan we only got 10 tracks 

Japan's xavel iems are OK but the forum show rocks for me, 4 hours & a killer set 

On 12/22/2023 at 9:55 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Got my Perhaps/General 7" today, Perhaps sounds fine but I can't believe they released the General with the clipping bass drum... :facepalm:

I looked through my other 7" records, I've got a Fall To Pieces/Slither promo and a Loaded split single. Anyone remember this song?

Not a 7 but I have Loaded’s Wasted Heart EP. Killer record 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Since last posting here, I have tracked down,

"Appetite for Destruction : 1986 Sound City Session N' More" (official)

"Live at Castle Donnington 1988"- Donnington Castle- Donnington, England 1988 (vintage bootleg)

"Riffle Totin' Florists"- Perkins Palace- Pasadena, California 1987, and The Marquee- London, UK 1987 (vintage bootleg)

"Live at the O2, Vol. 1"- The O2 Arena- London, England 2012 (modern bootleg)

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

I recently picked up a sealed live like a suicide.  It’s been on my want list for a while and I’ve never seen one. I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it listed.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 1987b said:

I recently picked up a sealed live like a suicide.  It’s been on my want list for a while and I’ve never seen one. I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it listed.  

That’s awesome! I went to a record show a few weeks back that had an OG cover AfD for $300 and a Live Era for $400. Hurt to pass on them but that’s too much for me. I go for bootlegs more, anyways.

Im about to pull the trigger on another vintage one called “Fun in the Danger Zone” which I believe is the complete 1987 Hammersmith UK show. I’ll be looking forward to that one.

Edited by ZoSoRose

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2023 at 9:12 PM, DSTK said:

I suppose the best of what we have is LA Forum 17, both Vegas 16 are played at a million mhp, too fast ic a tempo , the selects were shit upto a point , Apollo NY mixed by a child & the IEM of San Diego is ok , Iceland tragic & milan we only got 10 tracks 

Japan's xavel iems are OK but the forum show rocks for me, 4 hours & a killer set 

A very late response, but I agree. My most wanted would be the complete first Vegas show in a nice gatefold since I was there, but LA 2017 would make an incredible box set. Maybe someone will press them one day. I don’t know why bootleggers haven’t, those shows are perfectly acceptable vocally and GNR is a popular band. 

Unrelated to vinyl but I picked up a 6- CD set of both Hollywood Bowl shows since I was at the second one. Even though Axl struggles, the recording quality is excellent. 

Edited by ZoSoRose

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

That’s awesome! I went to a record show a few weeks back that had an OG cover AfD for $300 and a Live Era for $400. Hurt to pass on them but that’s too much for me. I go for bootlegs more, anyways.

Im about to pull the trigger on another vintage one called “Fun in the Danger Zone” which I believe is the complete 1987 Hammersmith UK show. I’ll be looking forward to that one.

A little tip if you're looking for a OG cover AFD, assuming you're after the cover art and not the first US press, is to look for a European pressing. I have a 1987 German pressing that I picked up a few years ago for $15 here in Sweden. It's currently on Discogs in -NM condition for around $50. Funnily enough the censored cross cover is very rare over here, been looking for it for a while but prices are always way to high.

I also have to "censored" South Korean version where they've simply put the GNR logo over the woman on the cover, it's missing Brownstone, Michelle and Nightrain since they where deemed by the Korean government to be to explicit. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Swedish said:

A little tip if you're looking for a OG cover AFD, assuming you're after the cover art and not the first US press, is to look for a European pressing. I have a 1987 German pressing that I picked up a few years ago for $15 here in Sweden. It's currently on Discogs in -NM condition for around $50. Funnily enough the censored cross cover is very rare over here, been looking for it for a while but prices are always way to high.

I also have to "censored" South Korean version where they've simply put the GNR logo over the woman on the cover, it's missing Brownstone, Michelle and Nightrain since they where deemed by the Korean government to be to explicit. :lol:

Cool! I picked up a 1987 German pressing while in Germany in 1988. Now I know what it is worth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swedish said:

I have a copy of the original cover but it is an unofficial copy. It has yellow vinyl. Sound is pretty good!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

A very late response, but I agree. My most wanted would be the complete first Vegas show in a nice gatefold since I was there, but LA 2017 would make an incredible box set. Maybe someone will press them one day. I don’t know why bootleggers haven’t, those shows are perfectly acceptable vocally and GNR is a popular band. 

Unrelated to vinyl but I picked up a 6- CD set of both Hollywood Bowl shows since I was at the second one. Even though Axl struggles, the recording quality is excellent. 

I saw that on Ebay. I almost pulled the trigger because I was at both shows, but haven't yet because I'm afraid of hearing Axl since he struggled pretty hard for a lot of the shows. I just might grab it since the quality is that good. 

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

I saw that on Ebay. I almost pulled the trigger because I was at both shows, but haven't yet because I'm afraid of hearing Axl since he struggled pretty hard for a lot of the shows. I just might grab it since the quality is that good. 

I’d grab it. It’s a nice momento for a good price. Band sounds pretty good, and we’re all desensitized to Axl now anyways

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I’d grab it. It’s a nice momento for a good price. Band sounds pretty good, and we’re all desensitized to Axl now anyways

Very true...just grabbed it. Thanks! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it came and I am spinning it now!

"Fun in the Danger Zone"- Hammmersmith Odeon- London, England 1987 (vintage bootleg)

Can't find much on it but it is a very rare Japanese pressed bootleg of the complete 1987 Hammersmith Odeon show. A little hazy but overall a superb audience recording in pretty great quality. Axl is front and center on this set and he sounds absolutely killer. He is quite talkative, too. I believe this album was pressed in 1988 and it has really cool labels and a heavy cardboard jacket. Super happy with this score. I got lucky and scooped it up for a killer price.

• Like 1