Apparently Motley Crüe asked GNR to tour with them

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I really don't know how some people can't grasp this.

Yes, GNR is a better band and was more 'hard rock' whereas Motley was more 'glam'. But they definitely share a large group of casual fans and the general public still lumps them into the same '80s sunset strip rock' category.

I don't know if people are playing dumb or are that dumb. GnR and Motley are similar bands in the same genre. Obviously they are not identical, as you say GnR were more hard rock but to most they are the same style of band. So weird that people are butthurt about that truth. Doesnt mean you have to like Motley as much as GnR guys! 

• Like 2

I have never understood why Motley Crue are classed as a similar band to GnR. Ok they are both Sunset bands, had a glam look at one point, and if I try to listen to say WTTJ ‘objectively’ I can see how someone who wasn’t into rock music wouldn’t hear any difference between that and Motley stuff. But aside from a few ok riffs, to me Motley represented everything that is cringey about rock music, can’t take them seriously at all. GnR are totally different if only for the diversity of songwriting, and even their ‘glam era’ music was in a totally different league to Motley. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

I don't know if people are playing dumb or are that dumb. GnR and Motley aren’t similar bands in similar genres. Obviously they are far from identical, as you say GnR were more hard rock but to most they are the same style of band. So weird that people have no idea what they’re talking about. Doesnt mean you have to like Motley as much as GnR or vice versa.

I’m glad you finally got it 

;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

Let's rewind the clock back to 1991 for a minute. Have seen mentions in the last week that Sebastian Bach has said he'd love to reunite with Skid Row for the fans with the news that Erik Gronwall has stepped down due to his health. They've got Lzzy Hale for some shows short term. I know there is some barriers to be broken down for this to happen with all that has happened. However the thought of having a Skid Row opening for Guns would be a great sell. Seb could come out for My Michelle during their set. Sure Axl would enjoy having Seb around. 

Saw them at Wembley in 91 where they done a sterling job warming up the crowd before Guns. 

MC no thanks, has no appeal whatsoever for me. 

skid row with bach back opening would be great

• Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 1:02 PM, waxl1974 said:

Let's rewind the clock back to 1991 for a minute. Have seen mentions in the last week that Sebastian Bach has said he'd love to reunite with Skid Row for the fans with the news that Erik Gronwall has stepped down due to his health. They've got Lzzy Hale for some shows short term. I know there is some barriers to be broken down for this to happen with all that has happened. However the thought of having a Skid Row opening for Guns would be a great sell. Seb could come out for My Michelle during their set. Sure Axl would enjoy having Seb around. 

Saw them at Wembley in 91 where they done a sterling job warming up the crowd before Guns. 

MC no thanks, has no appeal whatsoever for me. 

On 4/6/2024 at 2:35 PM, Rindmelon said:

skid row with bach back opening would be great

Yeah that would be cool but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

• Like 2