Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

On 28/02/2017 at 6:56 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

how do you do that? i'd get horridly confused! :lol:

The trouble is I have a short attention span… I might feel like reading some dreamy fiction one day and then something philosophical or career-based the next. Then I return to this forum and forget about them all. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 1:01 PM, Gracii Guns said:

The trouble is I have a short attention span… I might feel like reading some dreamy fiction one day and then something philosophical or career-based the next. Then I return to this forum and forget about them all. 

i generally only read in bed. i have frequent insomnia and one of the things i was told to do was turn off the computer and the TV at least an hour before trying to sleep. i am reading a book now that i have read before but i did not recall it is so boring. as i recall it does get better..i sure hope so :)

36 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Do you believe in that garbage?

Rant- chuck p

A) I'm a Christian

B) It's an interesting read that doesn't require you to be a believer to enjoy the series. It was actually recommended to me by my best friend who is a hardcore atheist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

A) I'm a Christian

B) It's an interesting read that doesn't require you to be a believer to enjoy the series. It was actually recommended to me by my best friend who is a hardcore atheist.

That's interesting that a hardcore atheist recommended it. Does your friend believe people have souls?

About a third of the way through Glass House by Brian Alexander:

51s+Mz0lYzL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So far a pretty good read.  Similar to LeDuff's Detroit: An American Autopsy, but with less colourful language (and by, I suppose, a less colourful author).

It's a shame that so much has been forgotten about the 1980s/1990s corporate raiders who essentially went around the country sucking up the lifeblood of small industrial towns.  The Mitt Romneys of the world certainly do these towns any favours.  

Highly recommended to anyone interested in this topic and wants some explanation how everything has gone to shit.  

Here's a good summary review if you're interested but not enough to buy and read the book.

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ooooh is that the one they made a movie of with Michael Shannon?? he is another kinda not mainstream actor that i like!

Not sure theres another book by Bravo. But this book gets better reviews. I've got the dvd so I've been ripping the place apart. I can never find the one I want. Yes Shannon. This book hooked me immeadiately. 

• Like 1