Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

29 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

That's what I said and even made a thread about it..I have never seen or barely any interaction between Slash and Dizzy..not even during UYI tour and not even know.. like Slash hasn;t even been on his side of stage or any photos together (Slash and Frank have that Instagram photo together)... and Dizzy is always at the far end when they bow after the concert... even Pitman stood next to Axl once...Frank never..

why is that? even Melissa seems more friendly...

Slash never liked Dizzy and probably never will. He said that he felt getting a keyboard player was part of what ruined the original Guns image, but seeing as how well he's getting along with Melissa, I'd say something more personal happened there. Maybe someone fucked someone's girlfriend? Or maybe they're getting along well but just aren't great friends? Who knows.

11 hours ago, bigpoop said:

He's used Firebirds before.

NP23YOnl.jpg

fz1FkIEl.jpg

And here I thought I knew everything about Slash, but then I never followed VR too much. That settles it then - those are definitely Slash's in the rehearsal photo. Cool that he's changing things up a bit! Let's hope he tuned one to Open Gb and they bust out some Bad Obsession.

4 hours ago, maxpax said:

does it mean they are rehearsing new songs? cause i see no need for rehearsing the old stuff in may.

Why not? It's only a month to go before the first show. Now is the time to go over the what worked/what didn't work from the earlier shows and get things super tight so they're a well-oiled machine by the time the tour hits. Slide Axl in after AC/DC and there you go.

37 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Nice Rolex

Yiss. Guns N' Rolex.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, starlight said:

I find it ridiculous that GNR are rehearsing and their singer is not with them

Why? Many other bands do the exact same thing including GN'R on pretty much every tour prior to this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, starlight said:

I find it ridiculous that GNR are rehearsing and their singer is not with them

Well it's an extraordinary situation. I don't think any of them would deprive Axl of this experience because of rehearsals of songs he has performed more times than anyone. Besides, it's great PR for the band. Axl was the loose cannon that a lot of people had lost hope in and would not give another chance, and with Angus actually doing it people outside the hardcores have gotten to see that Axl can be reliable, respectful, funny and still sing his ass off. It's all a win-win

Edited by Changes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Slash seems to be riding some nice rides in these photos..any idea what cars are those?

He used to own an Aston Martin before, I guess thats a porsche, but im not sure. 

12 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Does slash ever take his sunglasses off? I mean even during rehearsals? 

He's like Axl's vampire twin. Always hat, always sunglasses, maybe the light can hurt them :blink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

That's what I said and even made a thread about it..I have never seen or barely any interaction between Slash and Dizzy..not even during UYI tour and not even know.. like Slash hasn;t even been on his side of stage or any photos together (Slash and Frank have that Instagram photo together)... and Dizzy is always at the far end when they bow after the concert... even Pitman stood next to Axl once...Frank never..

why is that? even Melissa seems more friendly...

Dizzy talked about VR back in 2001 when Izzy joined them and he talked some stuff about Slash and was pretty sarcastic, he even said that now the band is better and they will release a ton of music LOL.

Slash and Duff see Dizzy as a hired hand and a tool, so I guess they maintain their distance, before Fortus also said that he wont share the same stage with Slash and all, so I don't think so they are buddies buddies, but they have respect for each other. Slash and Frank seem really cool with each other. I guess Melissa is new and she was never in to the politics of GNR over the years so Duff, Slash and her seem to get along very well, its pretty surprising cause as a fan and many fans din't wanted another keyboard player.